Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

PG&E doesn't show up for SmartMeter meeting!

I couldn't believe it! PG&E decided at the last minute to not show up for the long scheduled public smart meter meeting! And they canceled via a text message! Astounding!

Efren Carrillo, our 5th District County Supervisor who organized the meeting felt insulted:

I think the case has been made that there is strong resistance to this program, and Efren seems to be quite sympathetic to these concerns. There were several professional videographers and reporters in the audience of about 200 so I expect there will be substantial coverage. I bet even the New York Times picks it up!

Did you go? What did you think? Did your opinion shift because of the meeting?
    Last edited by Barry; 04-21-2010 at 09:12 PM.

| Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by:

3. TopTop #2
    jitterbug

Re: PG&E doesn't show up for SmartMeter meeting!

Wow - no, I didn't make it to the meeting. But I just read this in the Press Democrat:

But Carrillo said he received a text message Wednesday afternoon from PG&E saying it would not attend. Because the format was changed to include include an open exchange with the audience, he said the company representatives “no longer feel they can have a meaningful dialog with their customers.”

[full article]
    Last edited by Barry; 04-22-2010 at 08:54 AM.

4. TopTop #3
    scamperwillow

It's on Channel 2 news right now. (or any minute)

Quote Posted in reply to the post by jitterbug: View Post
    Wow - no, I didn't make it to the meeting. But I just read this in the Press Democrat:

But Carrillo said he received a text message Wednesday afternoon from PG&E saying it would not attend. Because the format was changed to include include an open exchange with the audience, he said the company representatives “no longer feel they can have a meaningful dialog with their customers.”

[full article]

5. TopTop #4
    Gratongirl

6. TopTop #5
    Jude Iam

Here is the California Public Utilities Commission mission from their website:
    CPUC Mission: The California Public Utilities Commission serves the public interest by protecting consumers and ensuring the provision of safe, reliable utility service and infrastructure at reasonable rates, with a commitment to environmental enhancement and a healthy California economy. We regulate utility services, stimulate innovation, and promote competitive markets, where possible, in the communications, energy, transportation, and water industries.
    SO: how to enforce this and who to hold responsible if mission is not upheld?
    best, judith

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Gratongirl: View Post

7. TopTop #6
    sharingwisdom

I was there as well, and I'm really glad I went. I haven't been politically active on the 'outer' in public for years. I consider myself an inner activist. And I learned so much more about the technology's effect, heard people discuss their situations of possibly being forced out of their homes due to electro- magnetic radiation poison, the levels of how it is affecting our body and minds, the legal ramifications, the political avenues...it was really worth the time and presence. I want to thank everyone who put this event together and all who voiced their concerns.
    Last edited by Barry; 04-22-2010 at 10:22 PM.

8. TopTop #7
    lynn

Okay...So what do I do if I don't want one?...I already made the guy go away the other week...I'm going to get pressured to get one...

I don't know if there will be problems if I get one...I'm just wanting to find out more...
    --------------------------------

And I hope people complain to PG&E about texting their message...Not even having the decency to call?...That's disgusting!...

9. TopTop #8
    sharingwisdom

Contact Craig Kennedy, PG & E rep at 577-7097 and ask to be put on the last to install list.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by lynn: View Post
    Okay...So what do I do if I don't want one?...I already made the guy go away the other week...I'm going to get pressured to get one...

I don't know if there will be problems if I get one...I'm just wanting to find out more...
    --------------------------------

And I hope people complain to PG&E about texting their message...Not even having the decency to call?...That's disgusting!...

10. TopTop #9
    Wendy Taylor

Refusing the Smart Meter at my house

One day after the public meeting on Smart Meters, I came home to find a PG&E rep putting a smart meter on my house. I told her to take it away. She was very unhappy but she took it away. She tried to get me on the phone with PG&E and I told her I had an appointment. She said the negative responses are full of "hysteria".
    I called Mindy Spatt, Communications Director for TURN 415-929-8876 ext 306 who was at the meeting. I told her I refused the smart meter and she said, "good for you". She said if I don't have any meter, they send an estimated bill. Fortunately, the woman put my old meter back on. I asked if I would get fined and she said she did not believe so.
    She told me to contact Cory at extension 361.
    It felt empowering to refuse the smart meter. I had planned to put a sign of refusal on my house but I was not sure it would make a difference.
    Now I look forward to seeing what happens. I hope I don't get charged with some type of interference.
    I appreciate all the good work being done in the Bay Area.

Wendy

I

11. TopTop #10
    lynn

Re: Refusing the Smart Meter at my house

..."She said the negative responses are full of "hysteria"."...

Yep, that's the same line my PG&E guy used also...Hahahahaha!...Me thinks there was little letter put out to the workers..."if any customers 'react' negatively to you putting a 'smart meter' on"....

And now, what do I keep hearing in the news...Continuing complaints about them!.....

Hahaha!...I guess it pays once in a while to be a bit 'hysterical'...:)...

Poo on you PG&E!!!!....
    ---------------------------------------------

I know of someone who has complained about hearing a 'hum' sound from it....

Oh, I cannot, will not have a hum!!!!!...I HATE hums!!!!....

Has anyone else heard about this, or have the same complaint?...