Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Poo Poo

The Best Family Investors Winery and The Magic Toilet

Does anyone know anything about these 3 1/2 oz. flush miracle toilets the Best Family Investors LLC propose using in their tasting room?
    If such a toilet exists shouldn't we all get one?
    .....................Going With the Flow..............................
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    2Bwacco

Re: The Best Family Investors Winery and The Magic Toilet

Sounds like the technology used on airplanes and boats? Once the waste falls away, the 3.5 oz. probably is used to rinse the area. Instead of water to remove the waste from the bowl, gravity is used.

There was an interesting ad in the Press Dem. last week from a company called "Saniflo." They have a web site.

[Years ago I purchased a fixer-upper..."nice" little surprise awaited under the house ... lots of wads of newspaper with human deposits inside...never worked so hard in my life filling up that dumpster box. Take that with your Cheerios (its like when I'm eating dinner and autopsies come up on NCIS or CSI...) should say sorry...]

3. TopTop #3
    Poo Poo

More specifically:

1. Can these toilets be connected to a septic system?

2. Are these toilets permitted in Sonoma County?

3. Can they be used without a separate digester unit installed in a basement area directly below the toilet?

4. Is there any disclosure of this system in the public file on the project?

4. TopTop #4
    Sciguy

The Saniflo toilet can be found at www . saniflo . com. As best I can understand their descriptions, these toilets use electrical energy to macerate their deposits then pump them to their destination. Since you are not using the kinetic energy of rushing water to move the deposits along, you need only enough water to make a pumpable thin paste. At least that's my interpretation. Another benefit is that you do not need a deep floor connection to carry away all the water so these toilets are freestanding, without a floor drain. Ordinary small bore piping carries away the liquid waste. It sounds like this gives you a lot more control over where you take the waste for further processing, rather than having to send it to the municipal treatment plant. It all sounds more rational than a flush toilet to me. Then a tiny amount of water at high pressure could do a lot of surface cleaning inside the bowl.

What amazed me about the post I am replying to was the statement about putting newspaper with fecal deposits into a dumpster. Newspaper and dried faeces are both excellent candidates for digestion by nature, including worms. Why is it that the garbage industry is allowed to so brainwash us so that we think of dumpsters as first run solutions to simple problems. Garbage dumping should be the absolutely last idea that anyone comes up with, after every creative solution has been tried, especially when large quantities are involved. Newspaper bundles under a house are repulsive but shitting in a newspaper which then goes into a working digester? Sounds like it should be on the list of interesting ideas. It certainly makes more sense than anything mainstream society has foisted on us, especially waste treatment plants and dumps.
    Sciguy

Quote Posted in reply to the post by 2Bwacco: View Post
    Sounds like the technology used on airplanes and boats? Once the waste falls away, the 3.5 oz. probably is used to rinse the area. Instead of water to remove the waste from the bowl, gravity is used.

There was an interesting ad in the Press Dem. last week from a company called "Saniflo." They have a web site.

[Years ago I purchased a fixer-upper..."nice" little surprise awaited under the house ... lots of wads of newspaper with human deposits inside...never worked so hard in my life filling up that dumpster box. Take that with your Cheerios (its like when I'm eating dinner and autopsies come up on NCIS or CSI...) should say sorry...]

5. TopTop #5
    2Bwacco

Few years back a lecture was to be held at Sonoma State Univ. Due to family situation, I couldn't attend. The stated topic was alternative septic concepts as implemented by the Occidental Enviro. Center (I believe). (If I had time to devote, I'd have more concrete details than my recollections...maybe someone in wacco-land has connections to ask.)

Point is, there may be alternative septic accommodations available through Permits and Resource Management (PRMD) with Sonoma County. My guess is these alternatives are available: you just have to pay the fees for the PRMD guys to go over the project. In other words, you have to pay PRMD's wages to evaluate the project.

Best Family Winery Investors, LLC has the money to devote to the project in this fashion.

It seems the main point of attractiveness with the Saniflo connections is the lack of a 4" connection. Which if you are tying into a septic system must be permitted by PRMD. The smaller connection avoids non-compliance issues.