Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Valley Oak

"Mexicans Are Filthy Stinking Animals"

(I am making a notable exception by posting this.)

I am very pleased and excited to present to you our latest project Cuéntame and your hosts Axel Caballero and Ofelia Yañez.

Join us as we tackle wide-ranging subjects from latest in Latino culture, music and arts to exposing Tea Party racism and Glenn Beck's dangerous hate speech.

- Robert Greenwald

¡Hola Friends, Colleagues and Supporters!,

As hosts of Cuéntame we want to tell you a bit about ourselves, the project and about our latest campaign against Tea Party racism and violence.

Both Ofelia and I have seen with great sadness and frustration how Tea Partiers have unjustly and unfairly targeted the Latino community to further their political agenda. This is why our latest campaign exposing Tea Party racism has hit a nerve, not only within the Latino community but also with many folks across the country who like us are fed-up of all the hatred, the violence and the bigotry peddled by teabaggers.

From calling Mexicans "filthy, stinking animals," to listening the likes of Tom
    Tancredo and Sarah Palin deliver hateful speech after hateful speech to the increase use of violence in their words and actions, Teabaggers have come out in full force against our community.

We are fed up and are ready to fight back. You can help us not only by watching and spreading our videos, but also by joining our page and recruiting your friends--Latino or not--to do the same:

Become A fan of Cuéntame - Cuéntame | Facebook

Watch the first video: "Exposing The Racism" -
    Cuéntame Video | Facebook

Watch the second video: "Demand An Explanation" -

Watch the third video: "The GOP Supports the Teabaggers" -

Tea Partiers boast a presence of hundreds of thousands on social networks and in order to be able to expose their true colors we need as many of you, your family and friends to join Cuéntame and take action.

Cuéntame is a community of Facebook users where Latinos and the general public can connect and interact with fellow Facebook fans, activists, artists, bloggers, public figures, musicians journalists and other community members. In Spanish Cuéntame has a double meaning: "Count me in," and "Tell me your story."

Both Ofelia and I are very proud to be part of this project. As Latinos living in Los Angeles, we are thrilled to be able to inform and engage our community around the most important issues nationwide that are impacting the daily lives of our friends and families.

Ofelia was born in Mexico City, her parents wanting to flee the heavy crime and in an effort to provide a better education for their children decided to migrate to the U.S. about 20 years ago when Ofelia was six years old.

I was born in the northern city of Hermosillo, Sonora, Mexico three hours from the border with Nogales, Arizona. I am what you would consider a border child, always going back and forth between both countries until finally residing permanently here in the United States eleven years ago.

We are looking forward to seeing and talking with you directly on Facebook and want to thank you in advance for becoming part of this project.

Hasta pronto,

Axel Caballero, Ofelia Yañez, and the Cuéntame team
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    WeAreLove

Re: "Mexicans Are Filthy Stinking Animals"

This is a really offensive title. I understand your motive, but it's jarring and disgusting.

Having lived around mexicans, and the small minority of people who don't like them, for most of my life, I can honestly say that I've never heard anyone say anything as offensive and juvenile as your title (and I've known some really racist scum).

Most people get along fine here in this melting pot.

3. TopTop #3
    battindown

Historically, in periods of high unemployment, nations that have been exploiting illegal workers suddenly want them all out. “American jobs for American workers.” The longer this economic mess lasts, the stronger the sentiment to remove illegal will be. This is especially true of any group that does not assimilate rapidly by speaking English or that do not make their intention to assimilate into the culture very clear. The problem tends to originate in the “host” nation feeling overwhelmed by an alien culture. In recent history Swedes and Irish immigrants were heavily discriminated against, and they looked like the majority. On the other hand, using education as the way to assimilation, many Asian groups have moved to the mainstream in two generations (half of California graduate school students are of Asian extraction.) Americans have been very accommodating of immigrants who speak Spanish and do not learn English. (Radio and TV stations, signage, ballots, etc.) But, it also makes Spanish speakers particularly obvious to the predominately English speaking culture. I'm not saying that this is good, just that this seems to be the way it is.

4. TopTop #4
    busyb555

Edward I too find your language shocking, but while you are thinking about the subject how about looking through both the data I have posted and the sources. Fix this stuff, and then and only then talk to me about your being offended by those who either emigrated legally or were born from American citizens.

Informative, and mind boggling!

You think the war in Iraq is costing us too much? Read this:

Boy, was I confused. I have been hammered with the propaganda that it is the Iraq war and the war on terror that is bankrupting us. I now find that to be RIDICULOUS.

I hope the following14 reasons are forwarded over and over again until they are read so many times that the reader gets sick of reading them. I also have included the URL's for verification of all the following facts.

1. $11 Billion to $22 billion is spent on welfare to illegal aliens each year by state governments.

Verify at: The Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR): Immigration and Welfare

2. $2.2 Billion dollars a year is spent on food assistance programs such as food stamps, WIC, and free school lunches for illegal aliens.

Verify at: Center for Immigration Studies

3. $2.5 Billion dollars a year is spent on Medicaid for illegal aliens.

4. $12 Billion dollars a year is spent on primary and secondary school education for children here illegally and they cannot speak a word of English!

Verify at: https://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANscri.../01/ldt.0.html

5. $17 Billion dollars a year is spent for education for the American-born children of illegal aliens, known as anchor babies.

Verify at CNN.com - Transcripts

6. $3 Million Dollars a DAY is spent to incarcerate illegal aliens.

Verify at: https://transcripts.cnn.com/%20TRANs...01/ldt.01.html

7. 30% percent of all Federal Prison inmates are illegal aliens.

Verify at: CNN.com - Transcripts

8. $90 Billion Dollars a year is spent on illegal aliens for Welfare & social services by the American taxpayers.

Verify at: https://premium.cnn.com/TRANSCIPTS/0610/29/ldt.01.html

9. $200 Billion dollars a year in suppressed American wages are caused by the illegal aliens.

Verify at: https://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSC%2...01/ldt.01.html

10. The illegal aliens in the United States have a crime rate that's two and a half times that of white non-illegal aliens. In particular, their children, are going to make a huge additional crime problem in the US

11. During the year of 2005 there were 4 to 10 MILLION illegal aliens that crossed our Southern Border also, as many as 19,500 illegal aliens from Terrorist Countries. Millions of pounds of drugs, cocaine, meth, heroin and marijuana, crossed into the U. S from the Southern border.

Verify at: Homeland Security Report: https://tinyurl.com/t9sht

12. The National policy Institute, estimated that the total cost of mass deportation would be between $206 and $230 billion or an average cost of between $41 and $46 billion annually over a five year period.'

Verify at: https://www.nationalpolicyinstitute....eportation.pdf

13. In 2006 illegal aliens sent home $45 BILLION in remittances to their countries of origin.

Verify at: https://www..rense.com/general75/niht.htm>

14. 'The Dark Side of Illegal Immigration: Nearly One million sex crimes Committed by Illegal Immigrants In The United States .'

Verify at: http: // www.drdsk.com/articleshtml

The total cost is a whopping $338.3 BILLION DOLLARS A YEAR AND IF YOU'RE LIKE ME HAVING TROUBLE UNDERSTANDING THIS AMOUNT OF MONEY, IT IS $338,300,000,000.00 WHICH WOULD BE ENOUGH TO STIMULATE THE ECONOMY FOR THE CITIZENS OF THIS COUNTRY.
    Quote Posted in reply to the post by Valley Oak: View Post

I am very pleased and excited to present to you our latest project Cuéntame and your hosts Axel Caballero and Ofelia Yañez.

Join us as we tackle wide-ranging subjects from latest in Latino culture, music and arts to exposing Tea Party racism and Glenn Beck's dangerous hate speech.

- Robert Greenwald

¡Hola Friends, Colleagues and Supporters!,

As hosts of Cuéntame we want to tell you a bit about ourselves, the project and about our latest campaign against Tea Party racism and violence.

Both Ofelia and I have seen with great sadness and frustration how Tea Partiers have unjustly and unfairly targeted the Latino community to further their political agenda. This is why our latest campaign exposing Tea Party racism has hit a nerve, not only within the Latino community but also with many folks across the country who like us are fed-up of all the hatred, the violence and the bigotry peddled by teabaggers.

From calling Mexicans "filthy, stinking animals," to listening the likes of Tom
    Tancredo and Sarah Palin deliver hateful speech after hateful speech to the increase use of violence in their words and actions, Teabaggers have come out in full force against our community.

We are fed up and are ready to fight back. You can help us not only by watching and spreading our videos, but also by joining our page and recruiting your friends--Latino or not--to do the same:

Become A fan of Cuéntame - Cuéntame | Facebook

Watch the first video: "Exposing The Racism" -

Watch the second video: "Demand An Explanation" -

Watch the third video: "The GOP Supports the Teabaggers" -

Tea Partiers boast a presence of hundreds of thousands on social networks and in order to be able to expose their true colors we need as many of you, your family and friends to join Cuéntame and take action.

Cuéntame is a community of Facebook users where Latinos and the general public can connect and interact with fellow Facebook fans, activists, artists, bloggers, public figures, musicians journalists and other community members. In Spanish Cuéntame has a double meaning: "Count me in," and "Tell me your story."

Both Ofelia and I are very proud to be part of this project. As Latinos living in Los Angeles, we are thrilled to be able to inform and engage our community around the most important issues nationwide that are impacting the daily lives of our friends and families.

Ofelia was born in Mexico City, her parents wanting to flee the heavy crime and in an effort to provide a better education for their children decided to migrate to the U.S. about 20 years ago when Ofelia was six years old.

I was born in the northern city of Hermosillo, Sonora, Mexico three hours from the border with Nogales, Arizona. I am what you would consider a border child, always going back and forth between both countries until finally residing permanently here in the United States eleven years ago.

We are looking forward to seeing and talking with you directly on Facebook and want to thank you in advance for becoming part of this project.

Hasta pronto,

Axel Caballero, Ofelia Yañez, and the Cuéntame team

5. TopTop #5
    debbus

Although what you say may be true, I question some of your sources for the statistics.
    The organizations you cite, although claiming to be non-partisan independent may actually have an agenda and the media (CNN) is voicing opinion. I would be interested in real concrete statistics using real independent sources. Then, I can make an educated decision about how I feel. Obviously, the system is broken and needs to be fixed.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by busyb555: View Post
    Edward I too find your language shocking, but while you are thinking about the subject how about looking through both the data I have posted and the sources. Fix this stuff, and then and only then talk to me about your being offended by those who either emigrated legally or were born from American citizens.

Boy, was I confused. I have been hammered with the propaganda that it is the Iraq war and the war on terror that is bankrupting us. I now find that to be RIDICULOUS.

I hope the following14 reasons are forwarded over and over again until they are read so many times that the reader gets sick of reading them. I also have included the URL's for verification of all the following facts.

1. $11 Billion to $22 billion is spent on welfare to illegal aliens each year by state governments.

Verify at: The Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR): Immigration and Welfare

2. $2.2 Billion dollars a year is spent on food assistance programs such as food stamps, WIC, and free school lunches for illegal aliens.

3. $2.5 Billion dollars a year is spent on Medicaid for illegal aliens.

4. $12 Billion dollars a year is spent on primary and secondary school education for children here illegally and they cannot speak a word of English!

Verify at: https://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANscri.../01/ldt.0.html

5. $17 Billion dollars a year is spent for education for the American-born children of illegal aliens, known as anchor babies.

Verify at CNN.com - Transcripts

6. $3 Million Dollars a DAY is spent to incarcerate illegal aliens.

Verify at: https://transcripts.cnn.com/%20TRANs...01/ldt.01.html

7. 30% percent of all Federal Prison inmates are illegal aliens.

8. $90 Billion Dollars a year is spent on illegal aliens for Welfare & social services by the American taxpayers.

Verify at: https://premium.cnn.com/TRANSCIPTS/0610/29/ldt.01.html

9. $200 Billion dollars a year in suppressed American wages are caused by the illegal aliens.

Verify at: https://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSC%2...01/ldt.01.html

10. The illegal aliens in the United States have a crime rate that's two and a half times that of white non-illegal aliens. In particular, their children, are going to make a huge additional crime problem in the US

11. During the year of 2005 there were 4 to 10 MILLION illegal aliens that crossed our Southern Border also, as many as 19,500 illegal aliens from Terrorist Countries. Millions of pounds of drugs, cocaine, meth, heroin and marijuana, crossed into the U. S from the Southern border.

Verify at: Homeland Security Report: https://tinyurl.com/t9sht

12. The National policy Institute, estimated that the total cost of mass deportation would be between $206 and $230 billion or an average cost of between $41 and $46 billion annually over a five year period.'

Verify at: https://www.nationalpolicyinstitute....eportation.pdf

13. In 2006 illegal aliens sent home $45 BILLION in remittances to their countries of origin.

Verify at: https://www..rense.com/general75/niht.htm>

14. 'The Dark Side of Illegal Immigration: Nearly One million sex crimes Committed by Illegal Immigrants In The United States .'

Verify at: http: // www.drdsk.com/articleshtml

The total cost is a whopping $338.3 BILLION DOLLARS A YEAR AND IF YOU'RE LIKE ME HAVING TROUBLE UNDERSTANDING THIS AMOUNT OF MONEY, IT IS $338,300,000,000.00 WHICH WOULD BE ENOUGH TO STIMULATE THE ECONOMY FOR THE CITIZENS OF THIS COUNTRY.

6. TopTop #6
    LenInSebastopol

Quote Posted in reply to the post by debbus: View Post
    Although what you say may be true, I question some of your sources for the statistics.
    The organizations you cite, although claiming to be non-partisan independent may actually have an agenda and the media (CNN) is voicing opinion. I would be interested in real concrete statistics using real independent sources. Then, I can make an educated decision about how I feel. Obviously, the system is broken and needs to be fixed.
    It is difficult to feel anything about facts. If half of all that was posted was true, there it would still be an egregious offense to the status quo. I really don't care what one's position is, build a working wall FIRST and fix the rest by any laws that seem 'reasonable' and may come out of debate. First things first.

7. TopTop #7

Quote Posted in reply to the post by busyb555: View Post

Its not the Mexicans fault that our country is screwing their country over economically, forcing them into exile. NAFTA (North American Free Trade Agreement) has single handedly forced Mexicans off their farms, and into the United States. This is because the Mexicans cannot compete with our highly subsidized agricultural system. We make our food so cheap and shitty in quality here, and then we export it to countries such as Haiti, Jamaica, and Mexico undercutting their local food prices. And these already poor people are not going to buy local milk for 5 pesos or whatever the price is if they can buy imported powered milk from the US for 1 peso. This has caused mass urbanization throughout the third world because farmers no longer can produce food for money. This has also caused massive illegal immigration throughout the world as those farmers who tried to make it in the big cities fail (as they have no skills to contribute to an urbanized society), eventually forcing them to look for another way to live. What better way than to go to America. Who are we to place blame on these people for wanting a better life? We shouldn't be focusing on how much they are costing us, but why they are being forced out of their homes and away from their families just to survive. We should be directing our anger and effort towards our government and especially Clinton/Gore. We should be fighting to repeal NAFTA and give these people a reason to want to live in their countries with their families.

8. TopTop #8
    LenInSebastopol

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Valley Oak: View Post
    V.O. I didn't know you were Mexican too! How come you named this thread such? What does the above, in parenthesis mean? That you can call my family 'filthy stinking animals' and get away without me responding directly? A name like 'nigger' or 'fag' should never be used as well by ANYONE inside OR outside the circle of those identified with old world language, but this egregious characterization is even worse! It simply gives me some insight into how you feel about us. That's OK, at least with me but I've cousins and brothers that would love to meet you over such, so but be an upfront man about it. You don't like Mexicans. No big deal, as sometimes I don't like us either. However you find a couple of guys that agree with your political agenda and then use such characterizations to attract attention to your 'cause' because you find folks won't look? Or is it that they won't like you? Or both? Just the word "Mexican" around THESE parts will get this crowd to look, so 'no thanks' for the characteristics used to tar us AGAIN.

9. TopTop #9

Quote Posted in reply to the post by LenInSebastopol: View Post
    V.O. I didn't know you were Mexican too! How come you named this thread such? What does the above, in parenthesis mean? That you can call my family 'filthy stinking animals' and get away without me responding directly? A name like 'nigger' or 'fag' should never be used as well by ANYONE inside OR outside the circle of those identified with old world language, but this egregious characterization is even worse! It simply gives me some insight into how you feel about us. That's OK, at least with me but I've cousins and brothers that would love to meet you over such, so but be an upfront man about it. You don't like Mexicans. No big deal, as sometimes I don't like us either. However you find a couple of guys that agree with your political agenda and then use such characterizations to attract attention to your 'cause' because you find folks won't look? Or is it that they won't like you? Or both? Just the word "Mexican" around THESE parts will get this crowd to look, so 'no thanks' for the characteristics used to tar us AGAIN.
    Actually this post is just a re-post of a letter that Robert Greenwald sent out via e-mail a few days ago. The title of that e-mail was "tea-baggers - "mexicans are filthy stinking animals"". This e-mail was all about how the tea partiers are racist and the quote about mexicans was on a protesters sign at a tea party rally. So, VO is not calling mexicans filthy or stinky. He just forgot to quote the tea partiers as saying such.

10. TopTop #10
    LenInSebastopol

Quote Posted in reply to the post by someguy: View Post
    Actually this post is just a re-post of a letter that Robert Greenwald sent out via e-mail a few days ago. The title of that e-mail was "tea-baggers - "mexicans are filthy stinking animals"". This e-mail was all about how the tea partiers are racist and the quote about mexicans was on a protesters sign at a tea party rally. So, VO is not calling mexicans filthy or stinky. He just forgot to quote the tea partiers as saying such.
    Well, this is the 2nd time VO has caught me with my pants down. It mitigates it by little, but then I will look for the Greenwald article and photo.Of course not even seeing is believing anymore. I want to see for myself. And thanks!

10 minutes later....
    Hey I just tried to find the above Greenwald matter with negative results. I also watched the FACEBOOK 'movies' with same for finding out that I am a filthy stinking animal. So, I guess Robert Greenwald while smearing tea-baggers got his personal shot in at Mexicans as well, for I think if ANYONE saw that sign at a tea-bagger convention SOMEONE would have been more than happy to smear them with it, no? Shame on him and all who keep promulgating such a characteristic of folks. However trying to be hip with evolution I suppose we are all filthy stinking animals, as much as Greenwald, supporters and associates, no? I think I am getting sick.

11. TopTop #11
    latprog

Quote Posted in reply to the post by LenInSebastopol: View Post
    Well, this is the 2nd time VO has caught me with my pants down. It mitigates it by little, but then I will look for the Greenwald article and photo.Of course not even seeing is believing anymore. I want to see for myself. And thanks!

10 minutes later....
    Hey I just tried to find the above Greenwald matter with negative results. I also watched the FACEBOOK 'movies' with same for finding out that I am a filthy stinking animal. So, I guess Robert Greenwald while smearing tea-baggers got his personal shot in at Mexicans as well, for I think if ANYONE saw that sign at a tea-bagger convention SOMEONE would have been more than happy to smear them with it, no? Shame on him and all who keep promulgating such a characteristic of folks. However trying to be hip with evolution I suppose we are all filthy stinking animals, as much as Greenwald, supporters and associates, no? I think I am getting sick.

I just found this thread - I am a Cuentame fan - the series that sent out that email - they are doing some amazing work and I have to admit at first I was a bit shocked that they used such language - but you know what it made me open the email, read their case and watch the videos that do a good job of exposing the fringe of the tea party - here is their series --- I think the guy that uses that language is in the third video

Cuéntame Exposing TeaBagger Racism | Facebook

12. TopTop #12
    LenInSebastopol

I looked on the third video, nothing.
    So I looked on the fourth one.
    I smiled.
    It was about TERRORISM.
    So I recalled

YouTube - Obama's SEIU Thugs Attack Black Conservative

If you find that other video where Mexicans are Filthy......well, let me know.
    What I fear is that in the above video, those guys that are working out their issues with that one fellow are NOT fringe, but main line.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by latprog: View Post
    I just found this thread - I am a Cuentame fan - the series that sent out that email - they are doing some amazing work and I have to admit at first I was a bit shocked that they used such language - but you know what it made me open the email, read their case and watch the videos that do a good job of exposing the fringe of the tea party - here is their series --- I think the guy that uses that language is in the third video

Cuéntame Exposing TeaBagger Racism | Facebook