Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    wildflower

BIG Victory For Dogs and Cats

More Breaking News - Huge West Hollywood Victory For Dogs and Cats This week, the West Hollywood, California City Council voted to ban the sale of dogs and cats acquired from puppy/kitten mills. The ordinance passed unanimously, and now pet stores in the city will only be able to display dogs and cats from shelters. Click here to see the CBS story, and click here to see the NBC story.
    IDA's Bill Dyer spoke eloquently in favor of the ordinance, reminding that West Hollywood was the second city to adopt the IDA-recommended "guardian" language instead of "owner," and also noting that West Hollywood bans de-clawing of cats: "This unprecedented, historic action, in this Guardian city where the de-clawing of cats is also banned, will send a signal throughout our country for others to follow. West Hollywood will always be remembered as the city that had the foresight and compassion to first end the horrible commerce of puppy mills in our society."
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Nomad

Re: BIG Victory For Dogs and Cats

Do you think it's possible to organize and accomplish that here?

3. TopTop #3
    Nomad

Re: BIG Victory For Dogs and Cats

Quote Posted in reply to the post by wildflower: View Post
    More Breaking News - Huge West Hollywood Victory For Dogs and Cats This week, the West Hollywood, California City Council voted to ban the sale of dogs and cats acquired from puppy/kitten mills. The ordinance passed unanimously, and now pet stores in the city will only be able to display dogs and cats from shelters. Click here to see the CBS story, and click here to see the NBC story.
    IDA's Bill Dyer spoke eloquently in favor of the ordinance, reminding that West Hollywood was the second city to adopt the IDA-recommended "guardian" language instead of "owner," and also noting that West Hollywood bans de-clawing of cats: "This unprecedented, historic action, in this Guardian city where the de-clawing of cats is also banned, will send a signal throughout our country for others to follow. West Hollywood will always be remembered as the city that had the foresight and compassion to first end the horrible commerce of puppy mills in our society."
    Hi Wildflower, you seem very active in helping my animal friends. I am thinking if this is possible you are a good person to bring up with. I am very pro-rescue.

I used to manage a pet store, always around animals, and often ask petless people, why? The answer I get 3/4 of the time.... "It is so hard to find a rental with a pet."

I so agree! Is there anyway to do some sort of campaign or program to encourage landlords to at least check prior rental history of people with pets for distructiveness or at least maybe get some heart strings pulled? Think of the countless animals sitting in cages or waiting to be killed just because some landlord assumes any and all pets are destructive! Would it hurt them so much to call previous landlords or going out on limb, maybe the Humane Society could have a program that certifies you as a responsible pet owner? I do not have the answer, this is why I turn to you!

And any animal loving landlords reading, me and my four legged family would love to take great care of your home! I thought it was hard with 3 dogs and 2 cats, but now that my dear Luna has passed and only have two dogs, I still get the TWO emphasized like the three. And who in the world could even think to say "A golden? Oh no! They are so big!" Yes, big beautiful loving babies who wish they were small and could be lap dogs.. at least mine does! His 88lbs are always trying to sit on my lap ;) and hasn't an unloving bone in his body. I feel blessed to have him since I am so pro rescue, I never thought an unloved one needing a home would just fall in my lap! And my other is pure mutt, sweet as can be!

But it makes me wince everytime I am told "I would love to adopt from the shelter, but it is so hard to find a place to rent." thinking that could be one more saved beautiful spirit!

Thanks for all you do!