Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Conly

Dear Barry Wacco

While I am happy to being a Paying member of Wacco I would greatly appreciate a weeks warning BEFORE my Paypal account is charged for the member FEE. Just so.

Thanx
    Conly
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Re: Dear Barry Wacco

Hi Conly,

Thanks for your support.

Currently, (if I got the settings right) PayPal will charge your account for your automatic renewal and will send you an email notification immediately.

I am happy to refund your last payment should you choose to cancel. This seems like the simplest arrangement and is common for auto-renewing payments.

Any other comments?
    Barry

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Conly: View Post
    While I am happy to being a Paying member of Wacco I would greatly appreciate a weeks warning BEFORE my Paypal account is charged for the member FEE. Just so.

Thanx
    Conly

3. TopTop #3
    bodegahead

I have had automatic payments taken out of my account anywhere from a few days up to a week prior to due date. A few times I planned to have funds in the bank a day or two before due date, yet the auto pay kicked in 3 or more days prior to due date, and not the same date every month so I was unprepared. The bank will pay the auto pay even if you don`t have the available funds, but the bank charges 35 bucks for this "service" I got caught off guard a few to many times and no longer use auto pay.

4. TopTop #4
    justme

In defense of Barry, to try to "warn" up to 1,000 people (just an estimate) every month for $6 (another estimate) doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Maybe just mail it in on the first....

5. TopTop #5
    bodegahead

I have gone back to mail and "one at a time" online payments.These are two types of payment that the payer has more control of when your account is charged. The banks are pushing auto pay for many reasons, one being the thirty five dollar overdraft they collect if your funds are not in the bank the day that the auto pay computer charges your banks computer. And that can be anywhere from a week to a few days before due date. It really has very little to do with Barry. Barry has very little if any control over it.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by justme: View Post
    In defense of Barry, to try to "warn" up to 1,000 people (just an estimate) every month for $6 (another estimate) doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Maybe just mail it in on the first....