Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Jude Iam

Protect yourself from compulsory vaccination(with flawed profit-motivated vaccine) NOW

yes, it can happen here.

'all it takes for evil to prevail is for good men and women to do nothing'...

take action, please. judith

Protection From Compulsory Vaccination, Drugging - Your Right to Self-Shield!
    Last edited by Jude Iam; 09-15-2009 at 04:14 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2

Re: Protect yourself from compulsory vaccination(with flawed profit-motivated vaccine) NOW

I have no intention of getting a flu shot for a relatively benign strain of flu like H1N1, but I'm responding to point out that the Emergency Medical Powers Act has not been invoked, no one is required to take the vaccine, and all you are doing by responding to this link is giving your live email address to a commercial site that will likely spam you for your trouble.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Jude Iam: View Post
    yes, it can happen here.

3. TopTop #3
    Jude Iam

Re: Protect yourself from compulsory vaccination(with flawed profit-motivated vaccine) NOW

clancy and all:
    glad to say that, indeed, the news of massachusetts' mandatory vaccination legislation was mis-reported.
    and
    let us stay vigilent and active in protection of our sovereignty in all regards.
    our civil liberties currently need restoring and bolstering, yes?
    judith

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Clancy: View Post
    I have no intention of getting a flu shot for a relatively benign strain of flu like H1N1, but I'm responding to point out that the Emergency Medical Powers Act has not been invoked, no one is required to take the vaccine, and all you are doing by responding to this link is giving your live email address to a commercial site that will likely spam you for your trouble.

4. TopTop #4

clancy and all:
    glad to say that, indeed, the news of massachusetts' mandatory vaccination legislation was mis-reported.
    and
    let us stay vigilent and active in protection of our sovereignty in all regards.
    our civil liberties currently need restoring and bolstering, yes?
    judith
    Well, yes, but an email from an internet coffee purveyor is not likely to sway malevolent medical fascists bent on mass inoculations, no?

What it will almost certainly do, is get you spam for coffee, yes?

Yes.

5. TopTop #5
    tesst

yes, it can happen here.

Judith,
    I have info about possible mandatory swine flu vaccines. This is important info for everyone to check out. The swine flu shot is toxic and dangerous, and we need to inform others. Check out these websites: www.mercola.com., www.PandemicFluOnline.com., www.healthfreedomusa.org., www.thecrowhouse.com., sign the petitions, educate the public !
    Peace & Light,
    Terry

6. TopTop #6
    tesst

Judith,
    I am looking for others to join with to get the message out. I have begun handing out flyers and sending e-mails, maybe we could join together.
    Peace,
    Terry

7. TopTop #7
    dancingstar

Another website to add to these:

www.nvic.org
    (National Vaccine Information Center)

To our health and freedom to choose,

Judy

Quote Posted in reply to the post by tesst: View Post
    Judith,
    I have info about possible mandatory swine flu vaccines. This is important info for everyone to check out. The swine flu shot is toxic and dangerous, and we need to inform others. Check out these websites: www.mercola.com., www.PandemicFluOnline.com., www.healthfreedomusa.org., www.thecrowhouse.com., sign the petitions, educate the public !
    Peace & Light,
    Terry
    Last edited by dancingstar; 09-28-2009 at 10:17 AM. Reason: message did not appear as I had written it

8. TopTop #8
    Sylph

The government doesn't have enough vaccine to go around and they aren't going to round us up and make us take it! Even hospital workers are only 'strongly encouraged' to have the vaccine:
    Here is a great website that discusses the inaccurate claims of Mercola. It's too bad there is so much rampant scientific ignorance!

Science-Based Medicine » Swine Flu Vaccine Fearmongering

Quote Claim: The government is going to mandate that everyone get the swine flu vaccine.

Fact: No such proposal has been made. The government couldn’t do it even if it tried, because there won’t be enough doses to go around. That’s why they’ve issued recommendations prioritizing who should get the vaccine first.

... it is the anti-vaccine zealots who are scary. They are not insane, just self-deluded and misguided. I hope the swine flu won’t develop into a reprise of 1918; but if it does, the false information these people are spreading could be responsible for a great deal of death and suffering. Freedom of speech is a good thing, but this kind of fearmongering is almost as bad as shouting “Fire!” in a crowded theater.
    Last edited by Sylph; 10-12-2009 at 11:32 PM.

9. TopTop #9
    RussianRiverRattina

This is to thank you & your anti-vaccine colleagues. As a hopelessly old-fashioned romantic, I am thrilled to witness the return of all those quaint, Victorian diseases like polio, whooping cough, & TB (which they so charmingly referred to as "consumption" back in the day).

... And by the way, do you know where I can find an eminent local physician willing to apply leeches to remove the impurities from my blood? I'm feeling a tad ill-humoured as of late.

10. TopTop #10
    Jude Iam

by all means - have all the vaccines, pills, surgeries, radiation and chemo you want!
    almost all americans do, and you know the statistics on our health... you do know that information, don't you? in short: way more medicine, way less health.

do NOT mandate what i do with my body.

and if you get those leeches, do let us know if that helps with the ill-humour.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by RussianRiverRattina: View Post
    This is to thank you & your anti-vaccine colleagues. As a hopelessly old-fashioned romantic, I am thrilled to witness the return of all those quaint, Victorian diseases like polio, whooping cough, & TB (which they so charmingly referred to as "consumption" back in the day).

... And by the way, do you know where I can find an eminent local physician willing to apply leeches to remove the impurities from my blood? I'm feeling a tad ill-humoured as of late.

11. TopTop #11
    sharingwisdom

It is best not to name call in what you might deem as ignorant.

Military to get mandatory swine flu shots soon
    September 29, 2009, MSNBC/Associated Press
    https://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33079725/ns/health-swine_flu/
    U.S. military troops will begin getting required swine flu shots in the next week to 10 days, with active duty forces deploying to war zones and other critical areas going to the front of the vaccine line. The Pentagon has bought 2.7 million vaccines, and 1.4 million of those will go to active duty military. National Guard troops on active duty are also required to receive the vaccine, as are civilian Defense Department employees who are in critical jobs. "Because I can compel people to get the shots, larger numbers will have the vaccine," said Renuart, commander of U.S. Northern Command. "They will, as a percentage of the population, be vaccinated more rapidly than many of us. So we may see some objective results, good or not, of the vaccinations.

Health Care Workers Protest Mandatory H1N1 Vaccination
    September 29, 2009, CBS News
    https://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/09/29/taking_liberties/entry5349581.shtml
    Health care workers are planning to take to the streets Tuesday at a rally in front of the Albany, N.Y. state capitol to protest mandatory vaccination.

Mandatory swine flu vaccines questioned
    Flu vaccines for the first time have become mandatory for hundreds of thousands of health care workers around the country. Yet even as the swine flu specter continues to loom large, many health care workers are balking at mandatory flu vaccines. They question both the safety of the rapidly developed and little-tested swine flu vaccine and the big dollar signs in the eyes of the pharmaceutical companies who produce them.

British newspapers have reported that up to 60% of doctors oppose being immunized because they are concerned the safety trials have been rushed. And a Washington Post article stated, "A survey of 1,500 British nurses conducted in August by the Nursing Times found that one-third would not get the vaccine because of safety concerns."

Back in the U.S., as the state of New York, the largest hospital chain in the country, and other private health corporations initiate mandatory swine flu vaccination programs, many thousands of doctors, nurses, and other health sector employees are questioning whether their employers have the right to force them to inject little-tested substances into their bodies in the form of a mandatory vaccine.

An article in today's USA Today demonstrates this with its title, "N.Y. health care workers protest mandatory H1N1 flu shots."

States Enact Stronger Quarantine & No Free Assembly Laws
    In some states, like Massachusetts, public health doctors have persuaded legislators to quickly pass pandemic influenza legislation that will allow state officials to enter homes and businesses without the approval of occupants; to investigate and quarantine individuals without their consent; to require licensed health care providers to give citizens vaccines and to ban the free assembly of citizens in the state. https://www.WantToKnow.info/health/vaccines_swine_flu_mandatory

Mandatory Flu vaccinations in New Jersey
    YouTube - Mandatory Vaccinations in the state of New Jersey

And it's worth mentioning that Adrian Gibbs, a scientist on the team that developed the swine flu drug Tamiflu, submitted a report stating that swine flu may have been man-made. This was reported by ABC News and covered in detail in this excellent examiner.com article.

The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance -- it is the illusion of knowledge.--Daniel Boorstin
    Quote Posted in reply to the post by Sylph: View Post
    The government doesn't have enough vaccine to go around and they aren't going to round us up and make us take it! Even hospital workers are only 'strongly encouraged' to have the vaccine:
    Here is a great website that discusses the inaccurate claims of Mercola. It's too bad there is so much rampant scientific ignorance!

Science-Based Medicine » Swine Flu Vaccine Fearmongering

12. TopTop #12
    Sylph

Quote The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance -- it is the illusion of knowledge.--Daniel Boorstin
    Indeed, we should question everything and be skeptical of all claims. I was hesitant to take the H1N1, until I’d thoroughly researched it. Now, I think I will, not that I think I am susceptible, but because I don’t want to give it to my patients or family.

I’ve taken care of a young woman, mother of two, critically ill with the H1N1 flu…she had to go to the ICU and I don’t know her fate. She was coughing up blood and suffering from severe body pain. The “swine flu” seems to manifest as a rather mild illness or a very severe one. Children, young adults and pregnant women are most vulnerable. I was definitely exposed to the flu and I’m fine so far.

I was intrigued by the claims of Gibbs, the retired virologist, that the flu is man-made. Even Gibbs states that “there are lots of other explanations”. Other scientists took his claims seriously enough to look into it and have concluded that his theory is wrong…the virus didn’t come through eggs in the lab. It’s interesting how the antivax websites have jumped on his initial statements as gospel, and ignore any further research that might conflict with his claim.

Adrian Gibbs, in the search for truth « Atomic News Review
    “One of the simplest explanations is that it’s a laboratory escape,” Gibbs said in an interview with Bloomberg Television today. “But there are lots of others.”

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta has received the report and has decided there is no evidence to support Gibbs’s conclusion, said Nancy Cox, director of the agency’s influenza division. She said since researchers don’t have samples of swine flu viruses from South America and Africa, where the new strain may have evolved, those regions can’t be ruled out as natural sources for the new flu.
    “We are interested in the origins of this new influenza virus,” Cox said. “But contrary to what the author has found, when we do the comparisons that are most relevant, there is no evidence that this virus was derived by passage in eggs.”
    The WHO wants to know whether any evidence that the virus may have been developed in a laboratory can be corroborated and whether there are other explanations for its particular genetic patterns, according to Fukuda.

“These things have to be dealt with straight on,” he said. “If someone makes a hypothesis, then you test it and you let scientific process take its course.”

Gibbs said he has no evidence that the swine-derived virus was a deliberate, man-made product.

“I don’t think it could be a malignant thing,” he said. “It’s much more likely that some random thing has put these two viruses together.”

Gibbs, who says he studies the evolution of flu viruses as a “retirement hobby,” expects his research to be challenged by other scientists.

This is how science progresses,” he said. “Somebody comes up with a wild idea, and then they all pounce on it and kick you to death, and then you start off on another silly idea.”

Origins and evolutionary genomics of the 2009 swine-origin H1N1 influenza A epidemic : Abstract : Nature
    A phylogenetic estimate of the gaps in genetic surveillance indicates a long period of unsampled ancestry before the S-OIV outbreak, suggesting that the reassortment of swine lineages may have occurred years before emergence in humans, and that the multiple genetic ancestry of S-OIV is not indicative of an artificial origin. Furthermore, the unsampled history of the epidemic means that the nature and location of the genetically closest swine viruses reveal little about the immediate origin of the epidemic, despite the fact that we included a panel of closely related and previously unpublished swine influenza isolates. Our results highlight the need for systematic surveillance of influenza in swine, and provide evidence that the mixing of new genetic elements in swine can result in the emergence of viruses with pandemic potential in humans2.

13. TopTop #13
    sharingwisdom

The question you originally posed was whether vaccines were indeed becoming mandatory, and I provided information to show the trend in it possibly going in that direction. I do think, however, that as more information comes out of the shadows and many are protesting to not let the government take away our rights to free will and choice, this will be stopped.

Somehow the topic got diverted to the next to the last paragraph that I wrote on Gibbs' statement. As far as taking truth from a government agency, like the CDC, FDA or international agencies like WHO etc, it would not be my source of reliable information, but then our opinions have differed before. In being in connection with different journalists and insiders around the world, governments do their best to divert the truth as they are often run by special interests, corporations and industries that don't have humanities best interests at heart. There are many spin agencies to give out disinformation purposely and paid good money for it...our taxes.

Criminal charges have been filed against the World Health Organization (WHO), the United Nations (UN), and several of the highest ranking government and corporate officials with bioterrorism and attempts to commit genocide. In April, Austrian investigative journalist, Jane Burgermeister, has filed criminal charges against against Baxter AG and Avir Green Hills Biotechnology of Austria for producing and releasing live bird flu virus alleging it was a deliberate act to cause and profit from a pandemic. When a Czech scientist tested their seasonal flu vaccine, he found that they contained live H5N1 and live H3N2 viruses. Burgermeister’s charges include evidence that Baxter deliberately sent out 72 kilos of live bird flu virus, supplied by the WHO in the winter of 2009.

The focus of the action is an episode in February 2009 when Baxter’s Austrian subsidiary distributed 72 kilos of vaccine material contaminated with live bird flu virus to sixteen laboratories, a case now being investigated by the Austrian police after criminal charges were filed in April 8th in Vienna.
    More charges were filed with the FBI (US embassy, Vienna) in June.
    Canadian doctor Ghislaine Lanctot — who has written a book, The Medical Mafia´– supported these charges against the WHO, the UN, and several high ranking government and corporate officials.

If you choose to take the vaccine, then that is your decision. You have done that out of your free will and agency. And if I choose not to, that is my free will. I respect your right to that choice. I just want others and myself to have their rights supported as well, which the government hasn't had a running record of respecting our constitutional rights in many years. And when the government tells us that there is no recourse if we get sick from their "medical expert information vaccines", that we cannot sue them or the pharmeceutical companies that created them, that is when I know that the agenda has been taken over and profit is more important than health and free will.

I have had several clients who came down with this flu, and in using alternative healing, they have all gotten better within a shorter period of time. A healthy immune system whether a young mother (which can be very stressful) or an elder, is so important.

Indeed, we should question everything and be skeptical of all claims. I was hesitant to take the H1N1, until I’d thoroughly researched it. Now, I think I will, not that I think I am susceptible, but because I don’t want to give it to my patients or family.

I’ve taken care of a young woman, mother of two, critically ill with the H1N1 flu…she had to go to the ICU and I don’t know her fate. She was coughing up blood and suffering from severe body pain. The “swine flu” seems to manifest as a rather mild illness or a very severe one. Children, young adults and pregnant women are most vulnerable. I was definitely exposed to the flu and I’m fine so far.

I was intrigued by the claims of Gibbs, the retired virologist, that the flu is man-made. Even Gibbs states that “there are lots of other explanations”. Other scientists took his claims seriously enough to look into it and have concluded that his theory is wrong…the virus didn’t come through eggs in the lab. It’s interesting how the antivax websites have jumped on his initial statements as gospel, and ignore any further research that might conflict with his claim.

Adrian Gibbs, in the search for truth « Atomic News Review
    “One of the simplest explanations is that it’s a laboratory escape,” Gibbs said in an interview with Bloomberg Television today. “But there are lots of others.”

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta has received the report and has decided there is no evidence to support Gibbs’s conclusion, said Nancy Cox, director of the agency’s influenza division. She said since researchers don’t have samples of swine flu viruses from South America and Africa, where the new strain may have evolved, those regions can’t be ruled out as natural sources for the new flu.
    “We are interested in the origins of this new influenza virus,” Cox said. “But contrary to what the author has found, when we do the comparisons that are most relevant, there is no evidence that this virus was derived by passage in eggs.”
    The WHO wants to know whether any evidence that the virus may have been developed in a laboratory can be corroborated and whether there are other explanations for its particular genetic patterns, according to Fukuda.

“These things have to be dealt with straight on,” he said. “If someone makes a hypothesis, then you test it and you let scientific process take its course.”

Gibbs said he has no evidence that the swine-derived virus was a deliberate, man-made product.

“I don’t think it could be a malignant thing,” he said. “It’s much more likely that some random thing has put these two viruses together.”

Gibbs, who says he studies the evolution of flu viruses as a “retirement hobby,” expects his research to be challenged by other scientists.

This is how science progresses,” he said. “Somebody comes up with a wild idea, and then they all pounce on it and kick you to death, and then you start off on another silly idea.”

Origins and evolutionary genomics of the 2009 swine-origin H1N1 influenza A epidemic : Abstract : Nature
    A phylogenetic estimate of the gaps in genetic surveillance indicates a long period of unsampled ancestry before the S-OIV outbreak, suggesting that the reassortment of swine lineages may have occurred years before emergence in humans, and that the multiple genetic ancestry of S-OIV is not indicative of an artificial origin. Furthermore, the unsampled history of the epidemic means that the nature and location of the genetically closest swine viruses reveal little about the immediate origin of the epidemic, despite the fact that we included a panel of closely related and previously unpublished swine influenza isolates. Our results highlight the need for systematic surveillance of influenza in swine, and provide evidence that the mixing of new genetic elements in swine can result in the emergence of viruses with pandemic potential in humans2.

14. TopTop #14

This article from the Press Democrat on 10-9-09 sure raised some red flags for me....especially considering this is regarding administering the nasal vaccine which contains the 'live attentuated virus'.

Sutter was really proud that 46 kids 2 to 9 quick showed up in 3 hours for the new live vaccine - the age group it had been prioritized for..... but then say it's 'not recommended for' (i.e.: they deliberately won't be giving it to) their health care providers because of the risk that they'll 'shed' the live virus.

!!!??? Kids are less likely to shed it?????
    !!!??? It's dangerous AT ALL and kids first????

Some additional info on live attentuated vaccines:
    https://www.medicalvoices.org/en/vaccination/articles/live-attenuated-swine-influenza-vaccine-for-children-safety-in-question.html

Alex

PD 10-9-09

The medical foundation, an affiliate of Sutter Health, held its first H1N1 vaccination clinic Thursday afternoon in Santa Rosa. The foundation administered free doses of the new vaccine to 46 pediatric patients at Sutter during the Thursday clinic.

“That's a good turnout for a 3-hour time period,” said Dr. Roberto de Bara, chief medical officer for Sutter Medical Group of the Redwoods, whose medical providers contract with the foundation.

de Bara said the foundation received its first shipment of H1N1 vaccine earlier this week. Because of the limited supply, the vaccine is being prioritized for Sutter pediatric patients who are between the ages of 2 and 9, and for the caretakers of infants up to six months old.

The vaccine, which has been developed and tested using the same clinical procedures used for seasonal flu vaccine, is currently only available in the nasal spray type. The injection form of the vaccine will become available in the coming weeks.

The nasal vaccine contains live attenuated virus — as opposed to inactivated, or dead, virus in the injection form. The nasal vaccine is only recommended for people between the ages of 2 and 49, as per federal guidelines.

The nasal vaccine is also not recommended for health care providers because of the risk of “shedding” the live, though weakened, virus in the vaccine, de Bara said.
    [FONT='Times New Roman','serif']“It's tested and it's safe,” said de Bara. “We're following the guidelines provided by the Sonoma County Health Department.”
    [/FONT]

15. TopTop #15
    Sylph

Good question, Alex:

Health care workers are more likely to be in contact with severely immunocompromised people than children. Theoretically, the shed virus could cause disease in someone who is having chemotherapy, or have another reason for a very weak immune system.

According to studies, the risk of transmission of the virus from shedding after the nasal vaccine is very low.
    Live Attenuated Influenza Vaccine (LAIV): A Safe Choice for Healthcare Workers - Minnesota Dept. of Health
    Quote Is shedding the virus a problem for health care workers?

By law the FluMist package insert must state that a person can shed the virus for up to three weeks, but shedding alone should not be equated with person-to-person transmission. In fact studies have found that it is very rare. In a study designed to maximize the chance of detecting vaccine virus transmission, conducted in a Finnish daycare, one child shed the virus for 21 days. Other children in this study shed the virus a mean of 7.6 days. Transmission rates were extremely low (0.6%-2.4%). There was actually only one documented case of LAIV transmission.2 An additional small study of 40 adults conducted since licensure found that only 50% of the adults were shedding the virus from the influenza vaccine on day three after vaccination; one adult shed the virus on day seven as well. That means that half the adults had stopped shedding the virus by day three.3 Some of these post licensure studies have prompted ACIP to reduce the days a HCW should avoid contact with patients requiring protective isolation - from three weeks to seven days.
    What if the shed virus is transmitted? Isn't that dangerous?

The virus is shed in lower titers than typically occur with shedding of wild-type influenza viruses. So even if transmission were to occur, there are not enough viral particles to make a person ill. It also retains its attenuated characteristics, thus cannot replicate in the lower respiratory tract. The bottom line? Shedding and rare subsequent transmission cannot be presumed to cause disease.

16. TopTop #16

(yike-here is it again hopfully cleaned up, guess you can't copy from word..)

Thank you for Sylph your response regarding 1 of the aspects of concern about giving children... or anyone… the live vaccine. But I’m leery of relying on info from state health agencies like you quoted from that are ‘selling’ the vaccine safety that do not address many additional facts and warnings posed by other medical professionals who are questioning the vaccine safety. I still have great concerns about these other aspects:

1. Regarding the aspect you specifically addressed - I am leery about a government agency miniminzing the dangers of shedding a live virus... then not giving the vaccine to health care workers to make sure they don't shed. That then brings up all immunosuppressed people who are not in hospitals. Children... or anyone in public... would not be aware if they are shedding around the immunosuppressed people not currently hospitalized

2. The vaccine has been ‘fast-tracked’ without the usual procedures of testing to insure safety. This is well-documented and publicized worldwide including this one aspect of inadequate testing among many others:

"The live-attenuated vaccine appears more effective than the inactivated virus vaccine, but it resulted in significantly higher rates of severe adverse events. Furthermore, there is evidence that the live vaccine is highly genetically unstable in warm body cells and that has not been thoroughly evaluated in the children vaccinated ."

3. The MedImmune study that the vaccine ‘safety’ has been largely based on explicitly excluded children considered especially at risk from swine flu - those with known immunosuppressive condition , wheezing within 42 days before enrolment, a history of severe asthma , body temperature higher than 37.8 C within 3 days before enrolment and the use of aspirin or salicylate-containing products within 30 days before enrolment.

4. “Millions of children may soon be vaccinated with LAIV. But there is a large deficit in scientific studies on the molecular biology of LAIV exposed to restrictive temperature. The restricted viruses are genetically unstable and may result in gene alterations that serve to seed pandemic strains of influenza. This possibility must be thoroughly investigated before we expose millions more people to such live viruses.”

5. Lastly, another primary concern for me is the extreme toxicity of squalene, thimerosol (mercury) and nonoxynol 9 present in the vaccine and the great amount of effort to suppress this information.
    Ingredients Found in Spermicides, Cleaners, and Cosmetics along with Thimerosal, and Squalene Present in Experimental H1N1 Vaccine | VacTRUTH

Alex

17. TopTop #17
    Sylph

I’m sure I’m wasting my time, but here goes! There is a real threat of serious illness or death with H1N1. It is hard to predict who will get the severe form and who will shake it off. My hairdresser was in bed, with excruciating body aches and fever for 4 days. It’s been weeks and she’s still not regained her energy. She would have taken the vaccine, I’m sure, if it had been available. Her school aged children only had mild “colds”, which was probably the flu in a less severe form. A severe case of the flu is not to be taken lightly. Are vaccines totally safe and perfect? No, of course not! One needs to weigh the risks and benefits.

Meanwhile the NY health care workers won the right to refuse the vaccine, which is fine with me.

The Associated Press: Gov't: Swine flu linked to 11 more child deaths
    By LAURAN NEERGAARD (AP) – 5 hours ago

WASHINGTON — The swine flu is causing an unprecedented amount of illness for this early in the fall, with the deaths of 11 more children reported in the past week. And less vaccine than expected will be ready by month's end, federal health officials said Friday.

Of the 86 children who have died since the new swine flu arose last spring, 43 deaths have been reported in September and early October alone, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported. That's a startling number because in some past winters, the CDC has counted 40 or 50 child deaths for the entire flu season — and no one knows how long this swine flu outbreak will last.

"These are very sobering statistics," said the CDC's Dr. Anne Schuchat.

Also surprising, about half of the child deaths reported since Sept. 1 have been teenagers. Until now, much of the attention has focused on younger children.

washingtonpost.com
    "It's not like seasonal influenza," said Nikki Shindo, a medical officer in the WHO's Epidemic and Pandemic Alert and Response Department. "It can cause very severe disease in previously healthy young adults."

Shindo's comments came at the conclusion of a special three-day meeting in Washington of more than 100 experts from around the world. The WHO called the meeting to review the latest research on the new H1N1 virus and to revise guidelines for treating the infection.

Unlike the seasonal flu, Shindo said, the virus appears more likely to travel deep into the lungs, where it can cause viral pneumonia. Such a condition can cause severe lung damage and a life-threatening condition known as acute respiratory distress syndrome.

I hesitate to try to counter any points made on the “danger and toxicity” of the vaccine. There is so much unsupported antivax material on the web, it is hopeless to make an attempt. Any data presented would be dismissed as from those “trying to sell the vaccine.”
    About squalene…. Mercola and others are off-base on this ingredient, which apparently is not in the H1N1 vaccine and wouldn’t be a problem if it was:
    the main claim Dr. Mercola makes here is that squalene, when injected, will trigger an immunologic response and that these squalene-specific antibodies will then cause untold havoc in your body. That’s a testable hypothesis, and don’t you know scientists just love to test hypotheses?

To support his assertion he cites a small cohort study from 2000 that reported anti-squalene antibodies in veterans afflicted by GWS. Case closed, right? Not so much. A larger and better-designed study found no correlation between the presence of squalene antibodies and symptoms of Gulf War Syndrome. More important regarding vaccine safety, a subsequent study using more sensitive and accurate methods than those used in the study by Asa established that anti-squalene antibodies are present in a large percentage of adults regardless of exposure to squalene from vaccines, and are unchanged by subsequent exposure to squalene containing adjuvants.

In other words, adjuvants containing squalene don’t induce an immune response to squalene. No antibodies are created to cause whatever autoimmune phenomena Dr. Mercola cares to postulate, including GWS. His hypothesis fails.
    Read more: Science-Based Medicine » A Defense of Childhood Influenza Vaccination and Squalene-Containing Adjuvants; Joseph Mercola’s “Dirty Little Secretâ€

About thimerosal:
    And while we are on the topic of influenza vaccine and thimerosal, the single-dose syringes have no thimerosal. Only the multi-dose vials contain any thimerosal, with each dose containing 25 micrograms of ethylmercury. This 3.5 times less than what you would get from eating a single can of tuna (~87 mcg), is a form of mercury far more rapidly cleared than most environmental mercury exposures (methylmercury), and has been exonerated from suspicion as a cause of autism.
    Science-Based Medicine » 9 Reasons to Completely Ignore Joseph Mercola

18. TopTop #18

Ok… I’m cured! - I’m cured of entering into any more battles of quoting alternative sources against establishment sources… especially when neither quoter can put any real proof on the table as to the actual validity of what they’re quoting anyway.

I'm finding the amount of contradictory information out there for every angle more and more difficult to sift through, but the wealth of resources for research in today's world is there if you choose to spend the time. It comes down to what feels right to you and what you choose to bet on in your life and for your children’s lives.

I resign from any further effort to make a case for any of my bets and wish everyone their own best bets. The soup is definitely on!

Alex

I’m sure I’m wasting my time, but here goes! There is a real threat of serious illness or death with H1N1. It is hard to predict who will get the severe form and who will shake it off. My hairdresser was in bed, with excruciating body aches and fever for 4 days. It’s been weeks and she’s still not regained her energy. She would have taken the vaccine, I’m sure, if it had been available. Her school aged children only had mild “colds”, which was probably the flu in a less severe form. A severe case of the flu is not to be taken lightly. Are vaccines totally safe and perfect? No, of course not! One needs to weigh the risks and benefits.

Meanwhile the NY health care workers won the right to refuse the vaccine, which is fine with me.

The Associated Press: Gov't: Swine flu linked to 11 more child deaths
    By LAURAN NEERGAARD (AP) – 5 hours ago

WASHINGTON — The swine flu is causing an unprecedented amount of illness for this early in the fall, with the deaths of 11 more children reported in the past week. And less vaccine than expected will be ready by month's end, federal health officials said Friday.

Of the 86 children who have died since the new swine flu arose last spring, 43 deaths have been reported in September and early October alone, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported. That's a startling number because in some past winters, the CDC has counted 40 or 50 child deaths for the entire flu season — and no one knows how long this swine flu outbreak will last.

"These are very sobering statistics," said the CDC's Dr. Anne Schuchat.

Also surprising, about half of the child deaths reported since Sept. 1 have been teenagers. Until now, much of the attention has focused on younger children.

washingtonpost.com
    "It's not like seasonal influenza," said Nikki Shindo, a medical officer in the WHO's Epidemic and Pandemic Alert and Response Department. "It can cause very severe disease in previously healthy young adults."

Shindo's comments came at the conclusion of a special three-day meeting in Washington of more than 100 experts from around the world. The WHO called the meeting to review the latest research on the new H1N1 virus and to revise guidelines for treating the infection.

Unlike the seasonal flu, Shindo said, the virus appears more likely to travel deep into the lungs, where it can cause viral pneumonia. Such a condition can cause severe lung damage and a life-threatening condition known as acute respiratory distress syndrome.

I hesitate to try to counter any points made on the “danger and toxicity” of the vaccine. There is so much unsupported antivax material on the web, it is hopeless to make an attempt. Any data presented would be dismissed as from those “trying to sell the vaccine.”
    About squalene…. Mercola and others are off-base on this ingredient, which apparently is not in the H1N1 vaccine and wouldn’t be a problem if it was:
    the main claim Dr. Mercola makes here is that squalene, when injected, will trigger an immunologic response and that these squalene-specific antibodies will then cause untold havoc in your body. That’s a testable hypothesis, and don’t you know scientists just love to test hypotheses?

To support his assertion he cites a small cohort study from 2000 that reported anti-squalene antibodies in veterans afflicted by GWS. Case closed, right? Not so much. A larger and better-designed study found no correlation between the presence of squalene antibodies and symptoms of Gulf War Syndrome. More important regarding vaccine safety, a subsequent study using more sensitive and accurate methods than those used in the study by Asa established that anti-squalene antibodies are present in a large percentage of adults regardless of exposure to squalene from vaccines, and are unchanged by subsequent exposure to squalene containing adjuvants.

In other words, adjuvants containing squalene don’t induce an immune response to squalene. No antibodies are created to cause whatever autoimmune phenomena Dr. Mercola cares to postulate, including GWS. His hypothesis fails.
    Read more: Science-Based Medicine » A Defense of Childhood Influenza Vaccination and Squalene-Containing Adjuvants; Joseph Mercola’s “Dirty Little Secretâ€

About thimerosal:
    And while we are on the topic of influenza vaccine and thimerosal, the single-dose syringes have no thimerosal. Only the multi-dose vials contain any thimerosal, with each dose containing 25 micrograms of ethylmercury. This 3.5 times less than what you would get from eating a single can of tuna (~87 mcg), is a form of mercury far more rapidly cleared than most environmental mercury exposures (methylmercury), and has been exonerated from suspicion as a cause of autism.
    Science-Based Medicine » 9 Reasons to Completely Ignore Joseph Mercola

19. TopTop #19
    sharingwisdom

FEAR-- False Evidences Appearing Real

https://www.examiner.com/x-6495-US-Intelligence-Examiner~y2009m10d6-Flu-vaccines-H1N1-flu-swine-flu-vaccine-news?cid=examiner-email

H1N1 flu vaccine is being promoted as a part of our daily news diet.
    Here is a summary of key information you will want to know in making your decision whether or not to get both regular flu vaccines and the H1N1 or swine flu vaccine.

Health care workers from around the country are upset that in many places they are being required to take swine flu vaccines. Public protests by these health workers have received media coverage. British newspapers have also reported that up to 60% of doctors oppose being immunized because they are concerned the safety trials have been rushed. For more reliable information on this, click here.

There are numerous risks and dangers associated with the swine flu vaccine. Educate yourself and your friends and loved ones before taking this vaccine, which has only gone through limited testing. And using the excuse that tuna has more Hg than the vaccine is a poor excuse for allowing it in the vaccine saying that it is a healthy preventive measure for us. Washington State has removed limits for the Hg in their vaccines. For more valuable information on swine flu vaccine risks and dangers, click here.

The U.S. government declared a major swine flu pandemic in 1976. Even though only one person died as a result of that "pandemic," government and media propaganda spread fear around the nation, driving tens of millions of Americans to take the swine flu vaccine at that time. This brought huge profits to the drug companies who produced them.

Yet the massive swine flu vaccionation program that year also led to major lawsuits filed on behalf of the 300 people who died as a result of the vaccine, and thousands more who were permanently paralyzed. For a highly revealing, 10-minute video clip from CBS's 60 minutes exposing how government and industry used fear mongering to rake in huge profits at the expense of public health in the 1976 swine flu episode, click here. Don't miss this eye-opening clip.

Just this year, the U.S. government granted immunity against lawsuits to the drug companies who are developing and marketing the swine flu vaccine. Why would they do this? Could it be that politicians beholden to the huge pharmaceutical lobby are trying to help the drug companies to avoid paying billions of dollars in lawsuits, as happened as a result of the 1976 swine flu vaccination campaign? With no pharmaceutical responsibility for their product, who now will deal with those injured or killed by the current swine flu vaccine? For more on this, click here.

Many provinces in Canada have put seasonal flu vaccines on hold. A scientific study has shown that those who get the regular flu vaccine are significantly more prone to get the swine flu than those who received no flu vaccine. The study, which surveyed over 12 million Canadians, "has confused things very badly," said Dr. Ethan Rubinstein, head of adult infectious diseases at the University of Manitoba. For more on this eyebrow-raising development, click here for an article in one of Canada's top newspapers.

The efficacy of vaccines for children in general has been seriously questioned. A study in the prestigious Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) provides data on deaths from infectious diseases over the last century. When this data is juxtaposed with the introduction of children's vaccination programs for a variety of diseases, we see that most vaccines for children have had little to no effect, and some may even be harmful. As documented by the American Medical Association's own journal (JAMA) in the January 1999 issue, there is no connection between death from infectious diseases and vaccinations. That's right. None. To read more about this, click here. Results of the JAMA Study of 1999
    https://www.examiner.com/x-6495-US-Intelligence-Examiner~y2009m7d31-Vaccines-for-children-not-effective?cid=examiner-email

A respected scientist on the team that developed Tamiflu submitted an official report earlier this year stating that the current version of the swine flu may have been man-made. Why would this scientist take such a risk to his career to reveal this damaging news? Could he know something that is being hidden from the public? For more on this, click here.

Did you know that former U.S. Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld was the chairman of the board at Gilead, the drug company that produces Tamiflu, the recommended drug for swine flu? A revealing article in a top British newspaper exposed the fact the Rumsfeld personally made many millions in profit from his shares in Gilead when Tamiflu was sold widely during the avian flu scare just a few years ago. The avian flu turned out to be little more than fear mongering, but Rumsfeld and others raked in huge profits. For more on this, click here.

Swine flu drugs Tamiflu and Relenza are not appropriate for healthy adults according to a report by British researchers in the highly respected medical journal Lancet Infectious Diseases. A separate report by Oxford University researchers found that these swine flu drugs should not be given to children under the age of 12. For more on this, read this article.

To better understand the risks involved with all vaccines, watch the eye-opening, 10-minute video clip below. In this video Maurice Hilleman, former chief of vaccines at Merck, one of the largest drug companies in the world, discusses the serious dangers inherent in vaccines and the incredible sloppiness in developing them.

When profit is placed above public health, anything can happen. Marcia Angell, MD, the former editor-in-chief of the prestigious New England Journal of Medicine, has publicly exposed some of the blatant manipulations resulting from the greed of the major drug companies. If you want to know more, don't miss the powerfully revealing article at this link. The former editor-in-chief of the Journal of the American Medical Association, George Lundberg, MD, has also written an essay exposing major waste and corruption in health care, which you can view at this link.

The box below provides several ideas on what you can do to further educate yourself and spread the word to your friends and colleagues on the realities of the swine flu vaccine and vaccines in general. We also invite you to comment below and let us know what you think. Why is the media doing such a poor job of reporting the reliable information in this article? And will you get the swine flu vaccine?

What you can do:
    • Read other powerful, reliable articles on the swine flu and risks associated with the swine flu vaccine at this link.
    Last edited by Barry; 10-17-2009 at 06:37 PM.

20. TopTop #20
    marthyglaser

So here's a question, if there is such a thing as a mild form of H1N1 going around, as with the very sick Hairdresser's children, as, perhaps, with my children and me, recently, is it wise to assume that one has been exposed and "vaccinated," and therefore can forego the store-bought injectable version?

Thanks,

Martha, completely on the fence about this thing....

21. TopTop #21
    Sylph

Martha, if you knew for sure you had had the flu....severe body aches, high fever, then, yes, you'd be immune from this year's version of H1N1. But, there are an awful lot of other viruses out there...hundreds of "colds" and the like.
    On the other hand, even if you'd had the H1N1 flu, it wouldn't hurt to take the shot.

22. TopTop #22
    Sylph

It is possible to get the flu vaccine without mercury, if you wish, in the single-dose vaccine. Squalene is not even in the flu vaccine here, although it is used in Europe, with no ill effects.

I have a friend, an experienced advice nurse at Kaiser, who is also a NP. This is her take on the prevalence of H1N1, so far.
    "Well, I've had a lot of calls about H1N1 all summer, but more since school restarted and that's almost ALL of the calls I've had this week. I usually deal with Pediatrics calls. The prevalence depends on the area. Lots in the central valley and Sacramento area, but it's pretty much entrenched into the community now. I'm guessing maybe 6-20 percent, depending on the population. And now they're predicting a shortage of the vaccine. Kaiser only got 17,000 doses this week, and it's all flu mist, not vaccine."

It is suggested above that childhood vaccines, or vaccines as a whole, have nothing to do the reduction we have experienced in these diseases. We have examples of several times and places where the population rejects the vaccine followed with a rise in disease:
    In several countries, reductions in the use of some vaccines were followed by increases in the diseases' morbidity and mortality.[16][17] According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, continued high levels of vaccine coverage are necessary to prevent resurgence of diseases which have been nearly eliminated.[18]
    Stockholm, smallpox (1873–74)
    An anti-vaccination campaign motivated by religious objections, by concerns about effectiveness, and by concerns about individual rights, led to the vaccination rate in Stockholm dropping to just over 40%, compared to about 90% elsewhere in Sweden. A major smallpox epidemic then started in 1873. It led to a rise in vaccine uptake and an end of the epidemic.[19]
    In a postwar poster the Ministry of Health urged British residents to immunize children against diphtheria.
    UK, DPT (1970s–80s)
    A 1974 report ascribed 36 reactions to whooping cough (pertussis) vaccine, a prominent public-health academic claimed that the vaccine was only marginally effective and questioned whether its benefits outweigh its risks, and extended television and press coverage caused a scare. Vaccine uptake in the UK decreased from 81% to 31% and pertussis epidemics followed, leading to deaths of some children. Mainstream medical opinion continued to support the effectiveness and safety of the vaccine; public confidence was restored after the publication of a national reassessment of vaccine efficacy. Vaccine uptake then increased to levels above 90% and disease incidence declined dramatically.[16]
    Sweden, pertussis (1979–96)
    In the vaccination moratorium period that occurred when Sweden suspended vaccination against whooping cough (pertussis) from 1979 to 1996, 60% of the country's children contracted the potentially fatal disease before the age of ten years; close medical monitoring kept the death rate from whooping cough at about one per year.[17] Pertussis continues to be a major health problem in developing countries, where mass vaccination is not practiced; the World Health Organization estimates it caused 294,000 deaths in 2002.[20]
    More examples: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaccine_controversy
    Vaccines are Incredibly Effective in Reducing Infectious Disease
    https://www.apologia.com/vaccines/vac_effective.html
    (Excerpt)There is one other very important thing to note from the graphs. Anti-vaccination advocates often try to explain the dramatic decrease in vaccine-preventable diseases in terms of increased sanitation. They say that these disease rates are so low because we have developed better sanitary practices over the years. However, these graphs show that this is just not true. After all, the polio disease rates decreased dramatically in the late 1950s. However, the measles rates did not decrease dramatically for another 10 years. If good sanitary practices were responsible for the drop in disease rates, you should see the disease rates fall roughly at the same time. That’s just not the case. The disease rates fell only when vaccines were tested and then approved. Also, note the short time over which the disease rates fell so dramatically. Do sanitation practices change so quickly that they completely "clean up" a country in a matter of a few years? Definitely not! Improved sanitation just does not explain the data.
    Last edited by Barry; 10-17-2009 at 06:37 PM.

23. TopTop #23
    sharingwisdom

Childhood Vaccinations documented by JAMA

Article by Heidi Stevenson
    It's taken as an article of faith that vaccinations have improved our lifespan. We take our children to the doctors for their injections without question. We think of ourselves as bad parents if we don't. It's simply one of those things that we don't question, as if it's obvious. It's gone so far now that parents have been threatened with prison and their children are coerced into vaccinations.

As documented by the American Medical Association's own journal (JAMA) in the January 1999 issue, there is no connection between death from infectious diseases and vaccinations. That's right. None.

First, let's look at the dates for when vaccinations were first introduced in the United States, according to the Centers for Disease Control:
    • Measles (one of the Ms of the MMR vaccination): 1963
    • Mumps (the other M of the MMR vaccination): 1967
    • Diphtheria (the D of the DPT vaccination): First licensed in 1921, but not widely used until the 1930's
    • Pertussis (whooping cough, the P of the DPT vaccination): First developed in the 1930's, widely used by the mid-1940's
    • Tetanus (the T of the DPT vaccination): First used as a childhood vaccine in the 1940's
    • Rubella (German measles, the R of the MMR vaccination): 1969
    There are several others, of course, but they are either too recent to take into account or not truly associated with childhood illnesses, such as smallpox and polio, which are more appropriately considered epidemic diseases.

The JAMA Study
    The number of deaths from nine different infectious diseases, in some cases, groups of diseases, were tallied. They are: pneumonia and influenza, tuberculosis, diphtheria, pertussis, measles, typhoid fever, dysentery, syphilis, and AIDS. All but AIDS were chosen because they were the most common cause of death by infectious diseases in the first half of the 20th century, with the exception of polio, for which data are not available for all years covered by the study.

Graphs showing numbers of deaths by age, by infectious disease deaths as a whole, by specific infectious diseases, and by all disease causes are shown plotted by time, from 1900 through 1996.

Results of the JAMA Study
    With the exception of 1918, when the influenza epidemic struck, the rate of deaths from infectious diseases shows a fairly smooth rate of decrease from 1900 through 1980, at which point a slight rate of increase develops.

Figure 1. Crude Infectious Disease Mortality Rate in the United States from 1900 Through 1996 (Graph from JAMA)

Deaths graphed by groups of diseases show some variations. The most significant improvements are in typhous and dysentery. Both of these diseases show almost no deaths after 1960. Significantly, there is no vaccination for dysentery and most people are not vaccinated for typhous.

Figure 2A. Crude Mortality Rates for Influenza & Pneumonia (Graph from JAMA)
    Tuberculosis rates show a curve similar to the overall infectious disease rate. Interestingly, the death rate from pneumonia and influenza from 1970 through 1996 shows a general increase, in spite of the ongoing vaccinations for influenza and the introduction of pneumonia vaccines in 1977 and 1983.

Figure 2B. Crude Mortality Rates for Typhous & Dysentery (Graph from JAMA)

As noted above, deaths from typhous and dysentery plunge to near-zero by 1960—though there is no vaccine for dysentery and passingly few people are vaccinated against typhous.

Figure 2C. Crude Mortality Rates for Diphtheria, Pertussis, Measles, & Polio (Graph from JAMA)
    Diphtheria shows its greatest decrease of deaths prior to 1920. There was a spike in diphtheria deaths during the early 1920's, shortly after the vaccination was introduced, and then the rate of decrease continued as before the vaccination's introduction. Whooping cough (pertussis) and measles showed the same general trend of decrease during the 20th century.

Finally, take a look at the chart for death rates from all disease causes. From 1900 into the 1920s, the infectious disease rate goes down at an impressive pace. This is a time during which there were no vaccinations against childhood diseases. The decrease in the rate of deaths continues at about the same pace well into the 1950s. Then, it starts to level out, in spite of the fact that the vast majority of children are vaccinated during this time.

Figure 3. Crude Mortality Rates for All Causes (Graph from JAMA)
    Now, take a look at the same graph showing the death rates from all diseases. This should make you nervous. The rate of death from noninfectious causes decreases slightly from 1900 through 1920. However, during the 1930s, when vaccinations start to be introduced, the death rate from noninfectious causes started to increase!

What Can Explain the Reduction in Infectious Disease Rates?
    Since it's obvious from the AMA's own documentation that vaccinations have little or no effect on the outcome of infectious disease deaths, then there must be other issues at play. If one looks at the history of the 20th century in the U.S. then it isn't too difficult to see what has changed. This was the era of improved overall hygiene and adequate food.

It was when clean and abundant water became the norm. It was when systems to clean wastes from public water supplies became standard. It was when septic and sewer systems to separate people from disease-producing wastes were introduced. It was a time of relative plenty, when people grew larger because of adequate food. In other words, it was a time of relative wealth and public works for good water and sewage treatment.

Adequate food for the masses of people, along with sewage and clean water, are most probably the reasons behind the decrease in infectious diseases, not the medical system's vaunted vaccinations.

Why Are We Vaccinating Against Childhood Diseases?
    This is the multibillion dollar question. Parents usually have their children vaccinated because the idea of not doing it simply doesn't occur. We have been thoroughly indoctrinated with the concept of “deadly” childhood diseases. Yet, there is no documentation showing that death rates from these diseases have been improved by the vaccinations. As the data that the AMA itself has produced shows, there is every reason to believe that these vaccinations are not effective, that we need to look to other reasons for the decrease in these disease deaths.

Even more significantly, the AMA's own data show a possible link between an increase in death coinciding with vaccinations. Whether this is a cause-and-effect link is not proven at this time. However, with the AMA's record of not looking into the effects of vaccinations—of not even requiring that after-effects be reported—it's clear that the allopathic (standard) medical system is not going to sort this out. That leaves us with no option but to assume the worst—that childhood vaccinations not only do little or no good, they may be doing great harm.

The question, of course, is “Why?” As with any corporate-controlled business—and make no mistake, the medical industry is big business—the answer always goes back to the same thing: money. Filthy lucre. There are millions and billions of dollars, pounds, euros, and other currencies to be made by both the pharmaceutical firms and the doctors themselves.

The Bottom Line
    For the medical industry, the bottom line is the bottom line. For each of us and for our children, the bottom line is completely different. It's the quality of our lives. In the end, the only ones who must live with the results of vaccinations are the children and adults whose bodies have been pierced by the needles injecting them.
    Reference:
    Note: Article reprinted with permission of author Heidi Stevenson. Original article available here. See her excellent website at https://gaia-health.com.

New documents show the monkey virus is present in more recent polio vaccine
    A monkey virus linked to human cancers may have contaminated the oral polio vaccine for years after the U.S. government ordered manufacturers to remove it, according to drug company documents obtained by The Chronicle.
    https://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2001/07/22/MN173141.DTL

Several studies have shown that injections (for anti-biotics or other vaccines) increase susceptibility to polio. In fact, researchers have known since the early 1900s that paralytic polio-myelitis often started at the site of an injection [8,9]. When diphtheria and pertussis vaccines were introduced in the 1940s, cases of paralytic poliomyelitis skyrocketed (Figure 1) [10]. This was documented in Lancet and other medical journals [11-13]. In 1949, the Medical Research Council in Great Britain set up a committee to investigate the matter and ultimately concluded that individuals are at increased risk of paralysis for 30 days following injections; injections alter the distribution of paralysis; and it did not matter whether the injections were subcutaneous or intramuscular [14,15].
    Figure 1. Polio cases skyrocketed after diphtheria and per-tussis vaccines were introduced. https://thinktwice.com/Polio.pdf
    In 1976, Dr. Jonas Salk, creator of the killed-virus vaccine used in the 1950s, testified that the live-virus vaccine (used almost exclusively in the U.S. from the early 1960s to 2000) was the "prin-cipal if not sole cause" of all reported polio cases in the U.S. since 1961 [44]
    Thus, vaccine recipients are at risk, and can potentially spread the disease, as long as fecal excretion of the virus continues [45].) In 1992, the Federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) published an admission that the live-virus vaccine had become the dominant cause of polio in the United States [36]. In fact, according to CDC figures, every case of polio in the U.S. since 1979 was caused by the oral polio vaccine [36]

Are Vaccines Causing More Disease Than They Are Curing?
    https://www.whale.to/v/cantwell.html
    Copyright 1999 by Alan Cantwell, Jr., M.D.
    excerpt
    Although health officials tell you that polio has been wiped out in the U.S. since 1979, they often fail to mention that all recorded cases of polio since that time are actually caused by the polio vaccine.
    Vaccine investigator Neil Z. Miller questions whether we still need need the polio vaccine when it causes every new case of polio in this country. Before mass vaccinations programs began fifty years ago, Miller insists we didn't have cancer in epidemic numbers, that autoimmune ailments were barely known, and childhood autism did not exist.

It is possible to get the flu vaccine without mercury, if you wish, in the single-dose vaccine. Squalene is not even in the flu vaccine here, although it is used in Europe, with no ill effects.

I have a friend, an experienced advice nurse at Kaiser, who is also a NP. This is her take on the prevalence of H1N1, so far.
    "Well, I've had a lot of calls about H1N1 all summer, but more since school restarted and that's almost ALL of the calls I've had this week. I usually deal with Pediatrics calls. The prevalence depends on the area. Lots in the central valley and Sacramento area, but it's pretty much entrenched into the community now. I'm guessing maybe 6-20 percent, depending on the population. And now they're predicting a shortage of the vaccine. Kaiser only got 17,000 doses this week, and it's all flu mist, not vaccine."

It is suggested above that childhood vaccines, or vaccines as a whole, have nothing to do the reduction we have experienced in these diseases. We have examples of several times and places where the population rejects the vaccine followed with a rise in disease:
    In several countries, reductions in the use of some vaccines were followed by increases in the diseases' morbidity and mortality.[16][17] According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, continued high levels of vaccine coverage are necessary to prevent resurgence of diseases which have been nearly eliminated.[18]
    Stockholm, smallpox (1873–74)
    An anti-vaccination campaign motivated by religious objections, by concerns about effectiveness, and by concerns about individual rights, led to the vaccination rate in Stockholm dropping to just over 40%, compared to about 90% elsewhere in Sweden. A major smallpox epidemic then started in 1873. It led to a rise in vaccine uptake and an end of the epidemic.[19]
    In a postwar poster the Ministry of Health urged British residents to immunize children against diphtheria.
    UK, DPT (1970s–80s)
    A 1974 report ascribed 36 reactions to whooping cough (pertussis) vaccine, a prominent public-health academic claimed that the vaccine was only marginally effective and questioned whether its benefits outweigh its risks, and extended television and press coverage caused a scare. Vaccine uptake in the UK decreased from 81% to 31% and pertussis epidemics followed, leading to deaths of some children. Mainstream medical opinion continued to support the effectiveness and safety of the vaccine; public confidence was restored after the publication of a national reassessment of vaccine efficacy. Vaccine uptake then increased to levels above 90% and disease incidence declined dramatically.[16]
    Sweden, pertussis (1979–96)
    In the vaccination moratorium period that occurred when Sweden suspended vaccination against whooping cough (pertussis) from 1979 to 1996, 60% of the country's children contracted the potentially fatal disease before the age of ten years; close medical monitoring kept the death rate from whooping cough at about one per year.[17] Pertussis continues to be a major health problem in developing countries, where mass vaccination is not practiced; the World Health Organization estimates it caused 294,000 deaths in 2002.[20]
    More examples: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaccine_controversy
    Vaccines are Incredibly Effective in Reducing Infectious Disease
    https://www.apologia.com/vaccines/vac_effective.html
    (Excerpt)There is one other very important thing to note from the graphs. Anti-vaccination advocates often try to explain the dramatic decrease in vaccine-preventable diseases in terms of increased sanitation. They say that these disease rates are so low because we have developed better sanitary practices over the years. However, these graphs show that this is just not true. After all, the polio disease rates decreased dramatically in the late 1950s. However, the measles rates did not decrease dramatically for another 10 years. If good sanitary practices were responsible for the drop in disease rates, you should see the disease rates fall roughly at the same time. That’s just not the case. The disease rates fell only when vaccines were tested and then approved. Also, note the short time over which the disease rates fell so dramatically. Do sanitation practices change so quickly that they completely "clean up" a country in a matter of a few years? Definitely not! Improved sanitation just does not explain the data.