Twice now my deaf dog has gotten out of the dog park @ Ragle Ranch because someone entered or left the dog area and left not one but both of the gates open. I am not sure what it is about this park and why people see it fit to leave both gates open as they fiddle with their dogs or their kids.

Kids should not be unsupervised in the dog area both for the safety of the child and the dogs. There is a huge park right there for them to play in, they shouldn't be in there throwing balls at the dogs and they shouldn't be left alone in there to leave the gates open when they leave.

There are two latching gates that are there for a reason. Most folks are very aware themselves to mind the gates but I seem to be the only one willing to call people out for leaving the gates open. It is rude and irresponsible. In my situation I have a deaf dog who while sweet as pie and able to understand and obey hand signals has zero recall facing the other direction.

Thanks to some kid and his irresponsible dad, both from the very shallow end of the gene pool, I spent a good 20 minutes chasing down my dog in the rain.

Very simple latch the gate and mind your offspring.

Folks who use this park and love their companion animals should take it upon themselves to educate those who are too stupid to realize what the two gate system is for.

I have been taking my dog to parks for many years and this the only one that she has gotten out of both times because a person was too dumb or too rude to bother to close the gates.

Please, mind the gates, your dogs life may depend on it.