Just want to remind people to please come out to our Welcome Home Party for Okili this Friday Aug. 28. Although we are much relieved that he is home, the struggle still continues. I, Sabrina, am constantly reminded that my kids and I do not have the same rights as other American citizens. We do not have the right to our husband and father as other American's have. We do feel a spiritual confidence that things will go our way, but the truth is, there is NO real law in place to ensure us that everything will go as we need it to in the legal system.

LEGAL STATUS
Currently Okili is protected by the Class Action Law Suit that he applied for. They will be issuing him a temporary work permit while it is pending. Because this application could be denied, we are also simultaneously making a motion to open up his old case, the one in which they actually picked him up in front of our house on the 25 year old overstay of student visa. Even this is not guaranteed that a judge will agree to open up the old case, but we are counting on the fact that since we've been a family now for over 20 years (married for 22 years), we have a strong reason for a judge to open the old case.

At this time, the government is not recognizing our family at all, or the fact that he's actually been in some sort of legal status during most of his life (27 years) in America. So the legal struggle is still continuing, though some people have had the misconception that it's all over now, and he's finally free. Now that he's home, he needs your support more than ever to finally reach the freedom we need for our family to stay safely together. After having to let go of the first lawyer in AZ due to a variety of costly and other reasons, we now have a more local lawyer working for us thankfully, low bono, Ms. Florence M. Ndedi of Oakland, CA..

More Radio Shows coming up and just had one:
Today we just had a really great interview with John Chapman (AKA Milo) on KGGV 95.1 FM at 5:PM.
Also tonight at 10PM we'll be on KRCB 91.1 FM w/ Amy Contardi
Friday listen to Frank Hayhurt of Zone muic on KRSH Morning show between 8-9 AM on your way to work.
Please come out to support us this Friday ; it's a time for healing the hurt that we all felt when a loved one was taken away from his family and community; lets celebrate that Okili's now back here in the community.

Where: Sebastopol Community Center, 390 Morris St., Sebastopol, CA
When: Friday, Aug. 28, 3009 Doors open / Show starts: 6:30 PM
What: Live Music starting at 6:30 PM W/ Sang Matiz, Sky-I and Inna Riddim, Kim Atkinson w/ Carnaval Spirit, Sandor Diabankoezi, Amadou Camara, Midnight Sun, Olembe Nguebari, Lucky Otis, Dusty Wroten and Angelena Kyzar-Crowhurst, Jana Muhar, John Jones, Amy Treadwell, Sarafina the Bellydancer, and many other amazing guests.
Sumptuous Dinner available also starting at 6:30 PM: Garlic Marinated Smoked Chicken (marinated by Okili and Sabrina, smoked by Bruce Alan Rhodes), African Ginger spiced vegetarian black beans (beans donated by Michelle Jensen, and recipe prepared by Richard Erickson of Chai Bab Chai), lovely organic salad greens (donated by many lovely gardeners and markets - and making of it supervised by my mother the super gourmet saladdess, Farida Fox). There will also be rosemary brown rice and fresh baked breads w/ dinner. Also available will be coffee, tea, chai, beer, wine, water, and other cold drinks.-
Cost? Suggested donation of $20; all donations graciously accepted for this Legal Funds Raiser.
For Info Call: 707-320-9383

A few new "Thank You's" to add:

Robert Evans (Rollo Productions) has been an amazing support for stage and time-line management. Robert is one of those awesome helpful people with a little expertise in many areas, in fact if you ever need building / construction help - he's the man. You could reach him at 707-236-7973 (I got his permission for that).

Amy Trussell - Thanks for coming through with helping to get some of the food donations. It's been really awesome. Looks like we'll definitely have some amazing salad lined up.

Richard Erickson of Chai Baba Chai - Thank you for the second time to make the amazing Ginger African inspired beans (and don't forget the yummy garnishes!) and for taking on supervising servers in the kitchen this time; also for the generous donations of the Chai Baba Chai spiced Tea!

ABOUT THANK YOU'S In General:
I know that I've ventured out onto the branch of saying thank you to everyone. I've made many thank you's to folks, and as I do that I realize there may always be someone who's missed. Please know that if we've not thanked you formally, we already really really thank you, tremendously! If you especially would like a formal thank you (publically) please let us know. If you've written a check to us, or are on my email list, I most likely have your name and really really appreciate you. Some people don't want their names listed in a big public Thank You. Okili feels obliged to make a huge list of Thanks you's to hang at the Welcome Home Event. If you want to ensure your name is there or not there please let us know, giving the full name. Regardless, you know who you are, and know that you are a wonderfully appreciated part of this community effort.

~ Sabrina and Okili