Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    NorseViking869

Making "DISCOVERIES"

Making “DISCOVERIES” instead of "MISTAKES"

We have all heard the term “We must learn from our “MISTAKES!” Well I want you to unlearn the word “MISTAKES” and remove it from your vocabulary. When you break the word mistakes apart and use the showbiz vernacular we see that “MISTAKES” is an unintentionally evil word when trying to utilize the law of attraction to it's fullest. Mis~ is a prefix meaning bad, badly, wrong, wrongly. lack or failure. Take means a moment in time. Though in the nature of it's meaning it means nothing obviously wrong. In fact, that is why we are asked to learn from them. Quite the noble idea; however, we must rethink the utility of this word if we want to manifest the reality we want rather than living the reality that we don't.

“DISCOVERY” on the other hand is nothing but positive, even if it is referring to negative things. To make “DISCOVERIES” your go to word in stead of “MISTAKES” will seem awkward at best early on. You must trick your mind instead of your mind tricking you. Instead of saying something like “ I made the “MISTAKE” of sleeping with a transvestite whilst I was drunk”, You can make the substitution, “ I made the “DISCOVERY” that the woman I slept with while I was drinking was a man, and I will learn from my “DISCOVERY” Sometimes grammar will seem an issue whist trying to Learn from your “DISCOVERIES”;however, when you want to fully learn the true power of positive thinking and manifest your new reality, Making “DISCOVERIES” and not “MISTAKES” is a key to unlock the secret to the Universe.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    NorseViking869

Re: Making "DISCOVERIES"

Many times in my Adult Life when I run head long into an obstacle, or show an error of judgment or act with out thinking, It is usually only the consequences of these actions that teach you things. Many of us are oblivious to what we do unless we are either rewarded or punished.
    When we change our lingo from making mistakes to Making Discoveries, we are more focused on the cause and not the symptom.

I have often apologized too quickly and only focus on the symptom and not what the underlying cause that got me there was. Many of us are guilty as charged of that minor offense. Yes we are sorry, but why? Are we sorry cause we did wrong and do not want to suffer the consequences? Are we genuinely sorry and will take what ever is given to us.

The act of discovery is the uncovering of truth. This takes a lot more time than just saying you are sorry you hurt someone. It allows you to think about how they may have felt about an awkward situation. It allows you to understand where someone else is coming from and why they feel how they do. It gives you the opportunity to really think about and feel out what you did and how to change it.

Not to take anything away from a genuine "AH HA!" moment where you discover instantly you were in Error. In those times a sorry and genuine concern is needed. No matter the outcome, the fact you saw it, realized it and are fixing it as it happens, is far different than getting caught or simply treating a Big Discover as a minor mistake.

When we learn it is our responsibility to take those consequences, and then maybe later assess them after working on those issues, Then we made a positive discovery, and may earn the acceptance of our apologies and reap the rewards. Those rewards will come maybe not from when, where or even who we expect them from, but they will come.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email