Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Sara S
    Auntie Wacco

The healing power of beer

from borowitzreport.com:

July 28, 2009

Obama Names Thursday "Drink A Beer With Someone Who Arrested You Day"

President Touts Healing Power of Beer

In an effort to foster better understanding between police and the people they have recently handcuffed in their own homes, President Barack Obama today named this Thursday "Drink a Beer With Someone Who Arrested You Day."
    Explaining his decision, the President told reporters, "When tempers run a little high, there's one thing that always helps people think a little more rationally: beer."
    The President said he hoped that his proclamation would result in thousands of friendly get-togethers around the country between police officers and the innocent people they recently arrested.
    "I'm hoping, for example, that Mischa Barton will have a tall and foamy with the cops who removed her from her home," he said, adding, "which, let me be clear, they did not act stupidly in doing."
    For members of minority communities who have not been arrested recently, Mr. Obama had these reassuring words: "The week's still young."

In other news, police in the Michael Jackson case searched Larry King's house.

Former NFL star Michael Vick said he had "nothing to do with" the death of the Taco Bell Chihuahua.

A man sued CNN after recognizing his ass in stock footage about obesity.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    hales

Re: The healing power of beer

Does my fat ass make my ass look fat? ; )

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Sara S: View Post
    from borowitzreport.com:

July 28, 2009

In an effort to foster better understanding between police and the people they have recently handcuffed in their own homes, President Barack Obama today named this Thursday "Drink a Beer With Someone Who Arrested You Day."
    Explaining his decision, the President told reporters, "When tempers run a little high, there's one thing that always helps people think a little more rationally: beer."
    The President said he hoped that his proclamation would result in thousands of friendly get-togethers around the country between police officers and the innocent people they recently arrested.
    "I'm hoping, for example, that Mischa Barton will have a tall and foamy with the cops who removed her from her home," he said, adding, "which, let me be clear, they did not act stupidly in doing."
    For members of minority communities who have not been arrested recently, Mr. Obama had these reassuring words: "The week's still young."

Former NFL star Michael Vick said he had "nothing to do with" the death of the Taco Bell Chihuahua.

3. TopTop #3
    Dram

Re: The healing power of beer

Im not sure about feeling kindly towards someone who could arrest me, but I must say, I think beer is good for the bladder...

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Sara S: View Post
    from borowitzreport.com:

July 28, 2009