Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    zenekar

Ad for Dems who oppose Public Option Health Ins.

Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 12:24:03 -0500 (CDT)

Your help is needed with an important decision.
    WeWantThePublicOption.Com! - Vote for our next target!..

Here are eight senators who may stand in the way of the Public Option Health Insurance -- along with the total amount of money they’ve received from health and insurance interests. Who should we target first with local ads?

Sen. Max Baucus $3,973,485
    Sen. Evan Bayh $1,565,088 ******
    Sen. Kent Conrad $2,154,200
    Sen. Dianne Feinstein $1,749,887
    Sen. John Kerry $8,994,077
    Sen. Mary Landrieu $1,653,943
    Sen. Joe Lieberman $3,308,621 ******
    Sen. Ben Nelson $2,214,715

Democracy for America has teamed up with the Progressive Change Campaign Committee to run tough ads pressuring Democratic Senators who've taken millions of dollars from health and insurance interests while standing in the way of one of President Obama's top priorities -- a public healthcare option.

The question is: who do you want to see us pressure first with TV ads in their home state?

CLICK HERE TO SEE THE AD AND CAST YOUR VOTE

Our ads don't pull any punches, because it's up to us to make sure Democratic elected officials feel some heat if they're on the verge of opposing the President and 76% of Americans who want a public option.

_________
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Hotspring 44

Re: Ad for Dems who oppose Public Option Health Ins.

quote=zenekar;93716 “Democracy for America has teamed up with the Progressive Change Campaign Committee to run tough ads pressuring Democratic Senators who've taken millions of dollars from health and insurance interests while standing in the way of one of President Obama's top priorities
    a public healthcare option.”
    First of all, how many people realize that; if (when) everybody is “required” (must [“required” to] purchase?) to have “health care coverage” it's not an actual “option”?

There word “option” interjected in there is manipulative in the first place.
    What ever happened to single-payer? Answer: because of politics it was dead on arrival in Washington!

I think without a reasonably considered strategy for single-payer health care Obama's plan however good intended; will fail.
    They will fail because politics will screw it up. They will allow their friends in the healthcare insurance industry to continue ripping us off like Goldman Sachs did... (Still is!). What a bunch of crapolla!
    Sorry folks, back to the drawing board on this one!

To prop-up an industry that's ripped everybody off so badly just because it's there is idiotic! That reminds me of saying those “banks” and General Motors Co. et al; were “too big to fail”. They weren't too big to fail! The politicians were just too connected to them (because of, egotistical, financial, or political reasons) for them to “let” it fail!

They're wasting their time on something that's just going to get screwed up even more than it already is if they change it at this point in time mainly because they are not even seriously considering single-payer healthcare in the first place.

Besides those people are not embarrassed about the money they take from health care insurance companies, GMC, Goldman Sachs, oil companies or whomever else; that's their gig!

I think they should be putting several times more than that much energy into a renewable energy strategy Instead of making some ridiculous “required”, “optional” healthcare thingamocrap goal by sometime in August, hammering all that out in Congress and expecting it to even work in the first place. That's not political innovation is fool hearted and ridiculous! It's obvious it's not going to happen in a way that won't need to be repaired later, if it does happen; (in other words, it's going to break something else instead of fix it).

As long as Obama is going to spearhead the So-called “health-care reform” issue without considering single-payer healthcare than Obama's healthcare reform has already started off on the wrong foot in the first place.

quote=zenekar;93716 “The question is: who do you want to see us pressure first with TV ads in their home state?”
    All of them whom that would not even consider single-payer health care as a viable option to discuss in the halls of Congress!
    Otherwise, I think it would be an expensive and futile exercise in finger-pointing.

The private health-care insurance business should be intentionally and openly phased-out.
    In my opinion forcing the public to pay for the competition between the healthcare insurance industry and government with the so-called option that is actually a requirement is kind of cruel to the middle income and lower income people.

I think just picking on a few Democratic senators is missing the larger issue of the majority of citizens being ignored in regards to single-payer healthcare.
    I think that progressives should ask their representatives to not vote for a bill that is going to financially and otherwise bite them in the butt and still have no reasonable healthcare coverage.

With competing coverage, a lot of us will just fall through the cracks, just like usual, and end up being basically, in essence undertreated at best.

I think that if senators were to be undertreated like people on Medi-Cal are, they would have a much better understanding of the real everyday life and death issues that come up with people that can't afford coverage or get kicked off of Blue Cross or whatever because of some treatment that Medi-Cal doesn't cover or, in regards to Blue Cross some so-called pre-existing condition isn't covered and end up being crippled because of lack of testing or delay of treatment. Some people actually end up unnecessarily dying because of those issues.

So as long as healthcare is considered a privilege for the rich and people that don't have pre-existing conditions so the healthcare insurance industry can make profits, so they can prop up politicians to keep making their profits instead of universal health care coverage, then I would vote against it.
    I think Obama's plan is more of a placebo than a cure.

I think there should be a progressive tax rate for everybody that makes enough to be taxed. I think the ultra-rich should pay their fair share. I think just like in a triage situation; those with the greatest need should get treated first when there is a waiting list.
    I think because of the healthcare insurance companies; even the so-called rich are being undertreated in many cases. And upper middle income people are being over treated in a lot of cases to make up for the uninsured.
    Meanwhile, there is not enough of an infrastructure for communications between doctors. Doctors are required to do so much paperwork; it cuts into their skills and abilities to be a skilled doctor.
    We can employ a lot of people with single-payer health care by just getting medical records together and keeping them together, to minimize medical mistakes. But if you leave it up to medical insurance providers, who will be competing with the government under Obama's plan; there will even, be less incentive to keep medical records and pay for more skilled records keepers.
    I think the whole thing is a big huge mess!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by zenekar: View Post
    Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 12:24:03 -0500 (CDT)

Your help is needed with an important decision.

Here are eight senators who may stand in the way of the Public Option Health Insurance -- along with the total amount of money they’ve received from health and insurance interests. Who should we target first with local ads?

Sen. Max Baucus $3,973,485
    Sen. Evan Bayh $1,565,088 ******
    Sen. Kent Conrad $2,154,200
    Sen. Dianne Feinstein $1,749,887
    Sen. John Kerry $8,994,077
    Sen. Mary Landrieu $1,653,943
    Sen. Joe Lieberman $3,308,621 ******
    Sen. Ben Nelson $2,214,715

Democracy for America has teamed up with the Progressive Change Campaign Committee to run tough ads pressuring Democratic Senators who've taken millions of dollars from health and insurance interests while standing in the way of one of President Obama's top priorities -- a public healthcare option.

The question is: who do you want to see us pressure first with TV ads in their home state?

CLICK HERE TO SEE THE AD AND CAST YOUR VOTE

Our ads don't pull any punches, because it's up to us to make sure Democratic elected officials feel some heat if they're on the verge of opposing the President and 76% of Americans who want a public option.

_________

3. TopTop #3
    Hotspring 44

Re: Ad for Dems who oppose Public Option Health Ins.

I don't know what else to say other than single-payer health care must be on the table when they reconvene after the August recess. Whether the right wingers like it or not!
    The following is one quote and a link to a news article by: JIM ACOSTA, CNN: using a link that I am forwarding here, that is in; news.aol: the heading of the article says: “Obama's Doctor Opposes Health Care Plan”.
    …He said: “This isn't that kind of health care program that I think is going to work,"… ….
    The below is also in the article.
    Dr. David Scheiner, who was Barack Obama's personal physician for 22 years, doesn't support the president's health care reform plan. Scheiner would prefer to see the U.S. adopt a single
    payer system, like Canada's.
    https://news.aol.com/article/obamas-...th-care/596986