Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1

I think I have someone's Familiar

I have a really odd kitten who acts like she might be someone's familiar. I am putting this out to the community in hopes someone will help locate who she belongs to, so please pass this along.

Kefir is a witchy-kitty- since I rescued her at 7 weeks old, she has stood out as clearly different than the other kittens. She seems pretty self-aware, is very confident and collected, intelligent, and clearly alpha. She isn't into "being cute" (although she kinda is, shhh don't tell her)

Oh, and she's got six toes - huge paws - and extra ones on her back feet too. Has made for a very sure grip for riding on my shoulder - where she has preferred to be instead of being held. She has giant bat ears, enormous eyes, and likes to hide in caves when she is resting. She gives me some pretty hilarious & wild looks sometimes.

She rewards attention by kneading furiously with her giant paws and purring. She reminds me of a Gremlin. Is anyone expecting a familiar?? Please do let me know asap before she goes through the usual kitten adoption fair circuit, I do want her to find the special person she has come to be with should that be the case.

Can email pictures. There is an adoption process through a rescue group, and fee. Will send on more info upon request. Kefir (so-named for her unusual white markings) is a medium-hair tabby Maine Coon mix currently residing in Occidental.

Email me at [email protected]
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    averyart

Re: I think I have someone's Familiar

Very interested in this cat, Ms Storm. Please call me.

Jack Avery

3. TopTop #3
    scamperwillow

What a wickedly clever post! Wish I could meet this kitty but I am full up with pets. Would love to see a picture though if you could upload one to Wacco.

4. TopTop #4

Re: I think I have someone's Familiar (Kitten)

I thought I'd found the companion for this kitty but after three weeks it fell through... sigh... giving it another go here in addition to more mainstream kitten dating services.

This time I am posting a picture of this extraordinary little being. By the way, she does great in public and even going shopping, sits tight on my shoulder. Take into consideration she may become a 12 lb cat however! I do think her temperament may be suitable for leash training... she travels well... provided someone keeps taking her out!

Let me know soon if interested, she already has a few interested inquiries from just being mentioned due to her sister's unreal popularity. The route to go to adopt is via Maine Coon Adoptions, I just foster for them.

ps. Kefir Gremlin is turning a peculiar silver-grey in the past couple days not captured in these pictures. I have no idea what color she will be!

ps. If this is not your kitten, please be aware Kefir's sister is a bit different as well, pretty as she is - I consider all three "The Gremlin Family"

Mardi

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Mardi Storm: View Post
    I have a really odd kitten who acts like she might be someone's familiar. I am putting this out to the community in hopes someone will help locate who she belongs to, so please pass this along.

Kefir is a witchy-kitty- since I rescued her at 7 weeks old, she has stood out as clearly different than the other kittens. She seems pretty self-aware, is very confident and collected, intelligent, and clearly alpha. She isn't into "being cute" (although she kinda is, shhh don't tell her)

Oh, and she's got six toes - huge paws - and extra ones on her back feet too. Has made for a very sure grip for riding on my shoulder - where she has preferred to be instead of being held. She has giant bat ears, enormous eyes, and likes to hide in caves when she is resting. She gives me some pretty hilarious & wild looks sometimes.

She rewards attention by kneading furiously with her giant paws and purring. She reminds me of a Gremlin. Is anyone expecting a familiar?? Please do let me know asap before she goes through the usual kitten adoption fair circuit, I do want her to find the special person she has come to be with should that be the case.

Can email pictures. There is an adoption process through a rescue group, and fee. Will send on more info upon request. Kefir (so-named for her unusual white markings) is a medium-hair tabby Maine Coon mix currently residing in Occidental.

Email me at [email protected]
    Last edited by Mardi Storm; 09-25-2009 at 01:16 PM.

5. TopTop #5
    mickki

WHAT A SWEET CARING FOSTER MOM I THANK YOU FOR YOUR EFFORT TO GIVE KEFIR A GOOD HOME I CAN'T TAKE A KITTEN BUT MY HATS OFF TO YOU!!

6. TopTop #6
    scamperwillow

Have you found a home for Kefir yet?