Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Love_N_Peace

Help Stop Child Abuse.

Reader,

It has to my attention there is a misunderstanding and misuse of language and miscommunication when it comes to the words or term “child abuse” and “prevention of child abuse.”

What some people really mean to say is “child torture” or “prevention of child torture.”

And sometime when people say “child abuse” or “prevention of child abuse” they only mean physical abuse. (And sometimes as in visible injuries above and beyond what a normal everyday child would get.)

From the Dictionary I use: Abuse means - “To treat badly.” And Torture means - “Severe physical or mental pain.”

To me abuse is abuse period! And unacceptable,
    especially when it comes to helpless young child (like a baby or a toddler). (Sad to say, yes there are people out there who “gets away” or is “getting away” of abusing a baby (babies). - it’s her or his natural, especially when the person have a personality disorder of the “dangerous type“.)

“Abuse,” there are Emotional Abuse, Psychological Abuse, Verbal Abuse, or “Threats of Abuse,” and of course Physical Abuse, etc.

Would you help prevent child abuse? (Rhetorical question.)

“Help the helpless first before helping those who can help themselves. That‘s when one can make a real difference in the world” - Joseph in Santa Rosa. July 5, 2009. (Feel free to share my quote and don’t need to say it’s mine, for it can be yours also.)

Just a thought: Starting a wall of shame for those (individuals, office, department, etc.) who’s job is to “prevent child abuse” and not doing so.

Wall(s) of shame for all types of "wrong doing" being erected all around the world. Just think about that.

Sad to say, I feel child abuse is common and even somewhat accepted in our sociality (of course child torture is not) and that to me is one of the big problem.
    I hope that will change, and I hope more people will help make the change.

Can one truly say one is conscious or have a conscience if one don’t care for the well-being of children (or other people for that matter)?

Love & Peace,

Joseph
    Last edited by Love_N_Peace; 06-12-2010 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Changed Title
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Love_N_Peace

Re: Misuse of Language and Words = A Problem.

Here are some links I would like to share:

Family Court Crisis: Our Children at Risk (12:33)

This 12-minute trailer exposes a brewing nightmare in family courts across America- children are routinely being placed in the sole custody of their abusive parents by the family court. This film details a few outrageous cases from Marin County, California. It must be seen and heard to be believed: it's an American tragedy.

The film was produced by the Center for Judicial Excellence, a grassroots nonprofit organization working to strengthen and maintain the integrity of the Marin County Courts.

Note: One do not need to be a member of "Facebook" to view the video clip. Video clip can be view at:

Center for Judicial Excellence | Facebook
    and at:
    Kathleen Russell Consulting | Facebook
    and at:
    www.centerforjudicialexcellence.org (Scroll down to "Family Law Documentary" section.)

Help Save a Child!

Love & Peace.

3. TopTop #3
    Love_N_Peace

Here's a link I would like to share: Courageous Kids Network <--- Click = Courageous Kids Network's web page.

Fighting the "Hidden American Disgrace"of Court Abused Children. We, the Courageous Kids Network, are a growing group of young people, whose childhood was shattered by biased and inhumane court rulings, which forced us to live with our abusive parent, while restricting or sometimes completely eliminating contact with our loving and protective parent.

Some of us, whose mother (or father) [the word "father" was added by myself "Love N Peace" to make it more accurate.] tried to protect us from abuse, did not see our mothers for years, or were only allowed to see our mothers under oppressive supervised visitation orders. We were not allowed to hug our mothers, or talk about how we felt. Some of us were separated from siblings, grandparents and extended family. We lost our home, pets, toys, friends,… our childhood. We lived in fear, depression, hopelessness and helplessness for years. Some of us ran away from our abusers. Some could not handle the trauma and committed suicide.

We who survived, got older and stronger. Now we are telling the world how much we were hurt, first by our abusers and then by the court that refused to protect us.

Breaking the Silence: Children's Stories (PBS: Documentary 2005 [complete]) at the link below.
    Breaking the Silence: Children's Stories <---- Click here. Or at addr.:
    http: //video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2994130110182503533#

Love & Peace. (Hope this info. helps someone out there.)

4. TopTop #4
    Love_N_Peace

Dr. Phil recently talked about Child Abuse (or some calls it “Court Ordered Child Abuse”) and other related subjects on national TV. - Dr. Phil Show titled “Family Court Crisis” aired on Wednesday April 14, 2010.

Dr. Phil shines a light on the American family court system, and how often it fails its citizens. From restraining orders to custody battles, hear heartbreaking stories that many say prove the system needs a major overhaul.

Few video clips can be view at:

Dr. Phil.com - Shows - Crisis in Family Court
    And at:
    https://drphil.com/slideshows/slideshow/5738/?id=5738&slide=1&showID=1442&preview=&versionID=

[It may be possible to watch the whole show on the internet, but I’m not sure where or how.]

&

5. TopTop #5
    Love_N_Peace

Re: Help Stop Child Abuse.

Plot Summary For Family Court Crisis: Our Children at Risk (2008) - Video documentary (42 mins.) - Produced by Center for Judicial Excellence.

Video (not for kids viewing) can be view at:
    https://angelzfury.wordpress.com/family-court-crisis-our-children-at-risk/

"This powerful political documentary exposes an untold story that the mainstream media has avoided for years - the systemic breakdown of America's Family Court System. This is a tragic and true story that viewers will struggle to believe.

Not since the Catholic Church pedophile scandal has the United States seen this level of institutional collusion and corruption harming innocent American children. The fact that this sort of scandal is taking place in the American judicial system defies the imagination.

The film lays out its horrific tale explaining how it happens. Interviews with parents whose lives have been ravaged by the system are interspersed with first-hand accounts of the atrocities from veteran attorneys, child abuse experts and others who make a living in the system.

Family Courts across America routinely remove children from parents who complain of domestic violence and/or child abuse and send the kids directly into the homes of their violent, neglectful, dangerously mentally ill, or abusive parents.

Protective parents not only lose custody of the children they are trying to protect, but the court then forces them to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars in fees to therapists, special masters, evaluators, counselors and attorneys for their children. Many parents go bankrupt, making court appeals impossible.

The family law 'machine' operates as Big Business, and a sophisticated cottage industry preys upon desperate parents and children who are trying to escape family violence.

The film urges viewers to talk about the brewing family law crisis with lawmakers and others who can fix the broken system." Plot Summary Written by Anonymous
    Last edited by Love_N_Peace; 06-01-2010 at 04:38 PM. Reason: corrections & additions

6. TopTop #6
    Love_N_Peace

Help Stop Child Abuse By Being Informed About The "Goes Ons."

More Info. about what's going on and how children can end up being abused:

Online radio talk show on the Family Court System.

https://www.blogtalkradio.com/byronspeakscom/2009/06/26/family-court

Love & Peace