Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    flygal

Go See Food INC. at the Rialto

Recently, I went to see the movie Food Inc at the Rialto. For me, it didn't contain much new information as this movie's topic is one of my passions/obsessions. However, it is always good for us to be reminded of just how big (and scary) the food industry has become.

If you have not watched a movie such as The Future of Food or Fast Food Nation, please be prepared for a shock. However, if this movie doesn't make you want to get active and REALLY, REALLY not buy from big box/ chain supermarkets, I don't know what will.

Overall, the messages are great, but there were just a couple of parts that disappointed... such as having Walmart in the movie (as a hero), instead of showing local CSA's or other small farms. However, I did read the interview about the making of the movie and it explains the reasons behind some of these things quite clearly. You can also read about it here at Alternet.org.

Make sure you also visit the Food Inc. Website and watch the trailer. There are ways to get active on the website.

If you want to read more, you can also visit my blog which I started as a place to write about these very topics. The bottom line is that, as consumers, we are being "fooled" about how and where are dollars actually go. We contribute to so much unecessary waste and cruelty, even when we think we are not. False labeling in advertising is barely enforced.

Oh, and really pay attention to the information on Monsanto. It will make you sick. How EVIL can they be? I bet the only reason this movie isn't being shown in the conventional movie theaters is because Monsanto paid the theaters a subsidy to not show it... and keep the general public in the dark,, as usual. (Yes, I'm being sarcastic here, but you get the point!)
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Skook

Re: Go See Food INC. at the Rialto

Thanks flygal, I will go see it. You might enjoy this clip on the same subject...
    Avoiding the health apocalypse

Quote Posted in reply to the post by flygal: View Post
    Recently, I went to see the movie Food Inc at the Rialto. For me, it didn't contain much new information as this movie's topic is one of my passions/obsessions. However, it is always good for us to be reminded of just how big (and scary) the food industry has become.

If you have not watched a movie such as The Future of Food or Fast Food Nation, please be prepared for a shock. However, if this movie doesn't make you want to get active and REALLY, REALLY not buy from big box/ chain supermarkets, I don't know what will.

Overall, the messages are great, but there were just a couple of parts that disappointed... such as having Walmart in the movie (as a hero), instead of showing local CSA's or other small farms. However, I did read the interview about the making of the movie and it explains the reasons behind some of these things quite clearly. You can also read about it here at Alternet.org.

Make sure you also visit the Food Inc. Website and watch the trailer. There are ways to get active on the website.

If you want to read more, you can also visit my blog which I started as a place to write about these very topics. The bottom line is that, as consumers, we are being "fooled" about how and where are dollars actually go. We contribute to so much unecessary waste and cruelty, even when we think we are not. False labeling in advertising is barely enforced.

Oh, and really pay attention to the information on Monsanto. It will make you sick. How EVIL can they be? I bet the only reason this movie isn't being shown in the conventional movie theaters is because Monsanto paid the theaters a subsidy to not show it... and keep the general public in the dark,, as usual. (Yes, I'm being sarcastic here, but you get the point!)
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email