Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    phooph

2. TopTop #2
    Sylph

Re: Vaccines and brain damage in children

My daughter had a febrile seizure (not due to vaccines) and had no bad effects from it.
    I am sure there are rare complications from vaccines. We have to remember the many many more lives saved from vaccines. We don't want to go back to the past and have kids getting brain damage from measles or paralyzed from polio.

A good article from someone I respect, Dr. Harriet Hall:
    https://www.skeptic.com/eskeptic/09-06-03
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

3. TopTop #3
    Dynamique

There is an article in this month's Discover Magazine on vaccines, the alleged autism connection to vaccination, and the potential dangers from not vaccinating.

Why Does the Vaccine/Autism Controversy Live On? | Vaccines | DISCOVER Magazine

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Sylph: View Post
    ... I am sure there are rare complications from vaccines. We have to remember the many many more lives saved from vaccines. We don't want to go back to the past and have kids getting brain damage from measles or paralyzed from polio.

A good article from someone I respect, Dr. Harriet Hall:
    https://www.skeptic.com/eskeptic/09-06-03

4. TopTop #4
    Fillie

I am wondering if maternal antidepressants have anything to do with the rise in autism? Can I get any anecdotal information on this hunch?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Dynamique: View Post
    There is an article in this month's Discover Magazine on vaccines, the alleged autism connection to vaccination, and the potential dangers from not vaccinating.

5. TopTop #5
    phooph

The issue from my perspective is the safety of the vaccine vs the benefit to the general population. There is little incentive for the drug companies to insure safety now that the Patriot Act renders them unaccountable for damage from vaccines.

Japan ceased to use the US DPT vaccine and developed a safer one after it produced injury and death in a number of children.
    A shot in the dark: why the P in the ... - Google Book Search

(4/18/97) The Tainted History of the DPT Vaccine

The industry has a poor track record when it comes to insuring safety, as money rules:
    Profits vs Safety

The FDA with incestuous relationships with drug companies allows them to continue to sell stocks of vaccines even after they have expired, proven ineffective or contaminated. Preventing revenue loss for drug companies trumps public safety.

Nearly 50 Years after Development of the Polio Vaccine, SV40 Contamination Continues to be a Growing Controversy

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Dynamique: View Post