Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    shellebelle

I have you, what else do I need?

Someone wanted a conscious conversation. Well here's my version.

Last night my car was broken into (SF). I lost very little and my partner lost a few things as well but over all we were lucky; we had our valuables with us.

I felt very bad that he had lost things that I felt were in essence in my care.

His answer was "What does it matter. It was just things. I have you, what else do I need? Now if your were taken or hurt . . .".

I have you; what else do I need?

I have few times in my life heard more healing words. It puts life in perspective.

Yep, he has me and I him; there is nothing more that I could possibly need and in truth that connection is often the thing I most desire.

I feel blessed to also be able to say that about several if not many more people in my life.

To me this is what conscious relationships are founded on.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Braggi

Re: I have you, what else do I need?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by shellebelle: View Post
    ... Last night my car was broken into (SF). ...
    Aw, damn! So sorry you both had to go through that. He's right though, it's only stuff. Relationships are the real "gold" in this life.

Let's all be careful to minimize the amount of valuables in our cars. This kind of crime happens a lot during hard economic times. And be sure to lock up.

Thanks for letting us know Shelley.

-Jeff

PS. And agreed. You're a lucky gal.

3. TopTop #3
    shellebelle

Re: I have you, what else do I need?

Thank you and I definitely feel blessed and loved.

Yes, I was reminded by someone else that I have gotten complacent since moving to Sebastopol and working most days in Bel Marin Keys. Both to me feel so safe and fabulous I forget. Even SF feels nice to me and I am in some fairly rough hoods.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Braggi: View Post
    Aw, damn! So sorry you both had to go through that. He's right though, it's only stuff. Relationships are the real "gold" in this life.

Let's all be careful to minimize the amount of valuables in our cars. This kind of crime happens a lot during hard economic times. And be sure to lock up.

Thanks for letting us know Shelley.

-Jeff

PS. And agreed. You're a lucky gal.