Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #61
    NudeTea

Re: Keeping WaccoBB.net safe

A nod of appreciation for your energetic edits and vibes. I'm going to keep my comments short since everything I say can and might be held against me in a court of law... lol just kidding.

"Don't run with scissors." A credo we teach to our kids. Scissors serve a particular service in life and I can back that up with a quote from Wikipedia if need be. But we should keep scissors to that purpose. Keep the scissors, keep the purpose.

Similarly lots of people participate in this forum and each person sees themselves as having a valuable purpose for their participation (I suppose each person does anyway ~ I haven't any polls or statistics to back me up though).

I don't respond to every post or every thread. I only participate when I feel I can serve my own purpose for doing so. Other people do reply to almost every comment, every thread, or degrees inbetween. They sometimes have very insightful remarks, sometimes very cutting.

It seems to me that people feel safe with you Nuturetruth. However that might have worked out to be that way is an evolution you could probably attest to without my assumptions. If I had a following as you have, I admit I'd be tempted to put a donation box on my doorway.

Yup. I'm good. Done. Said my say. See ya.
    Last edited by NudeTea; 06-02-2009 at 06:02 PM. Reason: why not
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #62
    lifequest

Nuturetruth's posts are always very intiutive and compassionate. She always tries to include all and foster a sense of community. Appreciation is due her and as my offering I wanted to put forward an idea for a new bulletin board category that all members can contribute suggestions to.

Those who are following the State's situation understand that life as we know it will be changing drastically in the very near future - support nets and services will totally disappear. If individuals know of support services or other forms of community support available they could post in that category. We may all become more dependant on community instead of government so this could be a way of addressing needs.

I've always limited my posts to offering suggestions on services or help available or commented on the economic outrage of the moment that I have direct knowledge of. Philosophical musings are not my interest and seem to occupy a lot of time and space on WACCO. I merely suggest that a bit more energy be devoted to practical matters while not changing anything else.

3. TopTop #63
    babaruss

Perhaps lifequest would care to start the desired thread, so that we can begin dealing with the practical matter of dealing with support/survival
    and independence from government.
    Babaruss

Quote Posted in reply to the post by lifequest: View Post
    Nuturetruth's posts are always very intiutive and compassionate. She always tries to include all and foster a sense of community. Appreciation is due her and as my offering I wanted to put forward an idea for a new bulletin board category that all members can contribute suggestions to.

Those who are following the State's situation understand that life as we know it will be changing drastically in the very near future - support nets and services will totally disappear. If individuals know of support services or other forms of community support available they could post in that category. We may all become more dependant on community instead of government so this could be a way of addressing needs.

I've always limited my posts to offering suggestions on services or help available or commented on the economic outrage of the moment that I have direct knowledge of. Philosophical musings are not my interest and seem to occupy a lot of time and space on WACCO. I merely suggest that a bit more energy be devoted to practical matters while not changing anything else.