Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    chris a

how can I remove cigarette smell from house?

hi - i'm moving into a great house on the river as soon as i can remedy its odor problem. does anyone have suggestions about how to remove the smell of stale cigarette smoke? the last person was there for a year & smoked in the 300 square foot room that contains the living room and kitchen. the walls are ROUGH knotty pine - too rough to wash.
    i've had an ozone machine running in the room for 5 days, with negligible results.
    i understand an ionic air cleaner might work, but they're $100 - $200. does anyone have one they'd be willing to loan me or rent to me briefly?
    or any other ideas??? any tips would be MUCH appreciated!!
    thanks - chris
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    ICPP

Re: how can I remove cigarette smell from house?

I'd say you're out of luck unless you want to paint the walls with an oil based paint to seal the resin from the smoke in and that might not even work if there's any gaps at all between the pine boards.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by chris a: View Post
    hi - i'm moving into a great house on the river as soon as i can remedy its odor problem. does anyone have suggestions about how to remove the smell of stale cigarette smoke? the last person was there for a year & smoked in the 300 square foot room that contains the living room and kitchen. the walls are ROUGH knotty pine - too rough to wash.
    i've had an ozone machine running in the room for 5 days, with negligible results.
    i understand an ionic air cleaner might work, but they're $100 - $200. does anyone have one they'd be willing to loan me or rent to me briefly?
    thanks - chris

3. TopTop #3
    MsTerry

Re: how can I remove cigarette smell from house?

put out trays with vinegar near a circulating fan

Quote Posted in reply to the post by chris a: View Post
    thanks - chris