Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Trevor7

Bike Trail Break in ALERT!!!

My car was broken into yesterday (SUN May 3) at the parking area of the Joe Rodota bike trail at Ross Station Rd around 3:30 PM. Luckily, nothing was taken as the vandal most likely got spooked by a walker/bicyclist. Unfortunately, the window was almost $200 to replace today. It was shocking to come back from a nice walk with my dog to see that act of vandalism! I want to warn anyone who utilizes the trails that this has been an on going problem for the last few months. The sheriff who came out to write a report said that Willowside near Summerfield school was one of the worst areas to be hit. A few people witnessing me picking out all the shards of safety glass, remarked that they had run into other victims at the same spot. Uncannily, a woman got her Honda also broken into at the O'Reilly parking lot in Sebastopol yesterday as she had been shuttled to a party down the road. She happened to be getting her window replaced at the same glass shop today! So , please do not have any valuables or anything that looks like it is somewhat hidden. Most of the vehicles are one's without a locking trunk. I heard also that the profile of the offender(s) are young (20's), white males.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Re: Bike Trail Break in ALERT!!!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Trevor7: View Post
    My car was broken into yesterday...
    That sucks! Maybe I've been watching The Wire too much lately, but this persistent problem seems like it is ripe for a sting/stake out. I'd like to see the police setup an irresistible situation (valuables in plain site in a locked car) and wait for the vandal to strike....
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email