Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #61
    MsTerry

Re: Sex for the sake of sex

Butch, I am still curious as to how many people you think will end up in heaven?
    Wasn't it Jesus himself who dared anyone without sins to pick up the first stone?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by dw41552: View Post
    Well unfortunately my life isn't perfect like yours so I need all the help I can get, and I'm not to proud to ask for it. Some day you may learn that one can't survive on intelligence alone.

God Bless
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #62
    dw41552

Quote Posted in reply to the post by mykil: View Post
    Just because I speak my mind does not mean I have no respect! When I read your post I can assume the same from you if I choose, I just know better, I know you feel this way in your heart, I just refuse to agree with your sediments towards life. Respect to the fullest intent allowed by your god and mine is a given if you don’t see this in my writing you are just not trying very hard!!
    AS far as you life choice, yes I would be curious to see what exactly makes you tick, without reference to the bible in every line you write so as a simple minded individual as myself can take heart and truly get the jest of what is on your mind and what might make you tick. AS for what you just wrote, I cannot decipher what the hell is going on in your mind. You are not marries to a woman you love? You where marries twice, yet you divorced, so in your own words does this not mean you never loved you first or second wife. If I am following along with you own words this is what it is saying, yes I have been paying attention!
    The marriage between two men is important for character reference towards your true mentality, so yes I will hold it against you, just not in the way you see fit in your mind to describe what I have the intent to do with the information. It shall totally give reference to your own true self and how I shall respond to every question I ever answer, also every aspect of any debate that may arouse on this site. For this is what we are doing is it not? A good debate has to be an open book as long as all parties are learning and fully understanding this in itself is the principle we are here for in the first place. Sometimes name calling gets involved and people get a little out of line, but still this is what it is all about! So I may not agree with anything you ever say, but yes I am hoping there is mutual respect throughout our little references community debates and in the hopes we shall never burn a bridge over a little miss communication, meaning someday soon we may actually meet in person at a social event of some sort and shake hands and maybe even hug! Maybe someday even the whole world may decide to respect one another as well.
    There on occasion area few people that chime in that I would love to spar with and learn as well. I love to see people get right in and really take a bite out of what is going on, it really is too awful bad most disappear. There truly is room for all opinions and egos here, like I said this is what makes a great debate!
    OK! I believe in marriage between one man and one woman. I do not believe in gay marriage. It is outside of God's will.

And no I did not love my first or second wife. I married my first wife after knowing her one week because she was hot. I was in lust with her. My second wife I knew two weeks when I moved in with her because I was desperate. I was married to my first for 13 years so when I met my second she was also hot and I was very lonely. I was an idiot for most of my life because I used my abusive childhood as a crutch until Jesus came into my life and set me free from all that. I'm not proud of my past but God has forgiven me for every wrong I did and I forgave myself. Now I try my best to serve Him any way I can. He saved me even though I don't deserve it.

God Bless

3. TopTop #63
    Braggi

... Sorry God is at the head of my life. I try my best to live according to His will, there for I cannot leave Him out of the aswers to the questions I'm asked. I'm not here to to just talk about sex. One of my purposes is to educate people about the many dangers of sex out of God's will especially young people. And besides there wasn't much of a discussion till I brought my Christian view
    So, you have no thoughts or opinions of your own? Where is the personal responsibility in that? What "God" are you talking about? Who's God? Whose God? Which God? How do you know the mind of that which you call God? Is it from that grouping of writings and letters assembled by the Catholic Church designed for their own aggrandizement, enrichment and for the control of others? Do you not see that? Do you not question that?

I don't mean to offend you, dw41552, but don't you have a thought or opinion of your own? Do you ever make a decision based on what you feel inside, apart from your exocontroller?

Do you believe it's possible to have self control, or does every decision have to be controlled by powers outside yourself?

What are these "many dangers of sex?"

I'm just trying to understand where you're coming from.

-Jeff
    Last edited by Braggi; 05-27-2009 at 08:24 AM.

4. TopTop #64
    Braggi

OK! I believe in marriage between one man and one woman. I do not believe in gay marriage. It is outside of God's will. ...
    If you believe something is "outside of God's will," and you respect this will of God, then I suppose you should act accordingly. However, there are a lot of people who don't agree with you and don't see "God's will" the same way you do.

I think Jesus taught folks like you to turn the other cheek. Another less violent way to read that is to live and let live. Next time you get a chance to vote to support someone else's rights, I hope you consider that.

-Jeff

5. TopTop #65
    dw41552

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Braggi: View Post
    If you believe something is "outside of God's will," and you respect this will of God, then I suppose you should act accordingly. However, there are a lot of people who don't agree with you and don't see "God's will" the same way you do.

I think Jesus taught folks like you to turn the other cheek. Another less violent way to read that is to live and let live. Next time you get a chance to vote to support someone else's rights, I hope you consider that.

-Jeff
    When someone is disespectful to me in any way, I am to let it go. Turn the other cheek doesn't mean I have to except homosexuality, fornication, drug abuse, alcoholism etc., etc. When I say Homosexuality is not according to God's will, these are not my words, they are Gods. It says it several times in the bible which are His words. So when it comes down to voting for what you call someones rights to do what is against God's will and my principals, I cannot, and will not. I will vote aginst gay marriage every time. Otherwise I become a hipocrite and am saying I except what God is against. As Christians we have to be for God 100% or not at all. This does not mean I think I am better than anyone else. We are all God's children. The difference is some choose to except and embrace that, some don't. I am all about live and let live. I don't force anything on anyone. However I stand by my beliefs even unto death, and when asked a question I will give my answer according to what I believe to be true and not what everyone wants to hear.

God bless

6. TopTop #66
    dw41552

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Braggi: View Post
    So, you have no thoughts or opinions of your own? Where is the personal responsibility in that? What "God" are you talking about? Who's God? Whose God? Which God? How do you know the mind of that which you call God? Is it from that grouping of writings and letters assembled by the Catholic Church designed for their own aggrandizement, enrichment and for the control of others? Do you not see that? Do you not question that?

I don't mean to offend you, Toxic, but don't you have a thought or opinion of your own? Do you ever make a decision based on what you feel inside, apart from your exocontroller?

Do you believe it's possible to have self control, or does every decision have to be controlled by powers outside yourself?

What are these "many dangers of sex?"

I'm just trying to understand where you're coming from.

-Jeff
    That quote was written by me, not Toxic. And yes I have many opinions of my own outside of, and sometimes inside Christianity. One of the things our church preaches is don't take our word for it, check it out for yourself. The toughest and the most important decision I've ever had to make was to except Jesus as my Lord and Savior and then try my best to live according to God's will. Thank God I did. He gave me the freedom to choose Him or the world just like He has you and everyone else. I chose Him. Doesn't make me perfect or even close, although Jesus in me has given me the power to change things about me that were negative to positive. Plus It means I am saved despite my sinful nature and will enjoy an eternity of bliss in Heaven with God.

7. TopTop #67
    Braggi

When someone is disespectful to me in any way, I am to let it go. Turn the other cheek doesn't mean I have to except homosexuality, fornication, drug abuse, alcoholism etc., etc. When I say Homosexuality is not according to God's will, these are not my words, they are Gods. It says it several times in the bible which are His words. ...
    OK, I accept that you believe that, now, would you support it with some actual quotes. You say you are a Christian, so please support your statements with quotes from The Christ, as well as an explanation of why you feel the quote you are stating actually was made by The Christ.

Thanks,

-Jeff

8. TopTop #68
    Braggi

That quote was written by me, not Toxic. And yes I have many opinions of my own outside of, and sometimes inside Christianity. One of the things our church preaches is don't take our word for it, check it out for yourself. ...
    Excuse my misquote, now edited.

I didn't expect an answer to my questions and I wasn't disappointed.

Perhaps a reread of my post is in order.

-Jeff