Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    SJackson

Cell Phone Reception in the West County

I currently have Verizon and am thinking of switching to Working Assets/Credo which is Sprint. I live in Forestville, work in Bodega Bay, have a child in a Sebastopol school, so need coverage all over the West County. I searched the Wacco archives but the most recent thread was a year ago and am wondering what reception is like these days.

Is Sprint decent?

Thanks,
    Susan
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    ILift

Re: Cell Phone Reception in the West County

I haven't noticed any change since a year ago. Coverage in Sebastopol - in town - is fine. Moving west, you can find pockets where you get a signal. Bodega Bay, no way, nothing. Not even in Bodega. Not even in Freestone or Occidental. Forestville, I'm not so sure.

3. TopTop #3
    pingpong

Look at their coverage map. Nothing at the coast. Sprint is famous for bad coverage. Sprint - Nationwide Coverage
    Quote Posted in reply to the post by SJackson: View Post
    I currently have Verizon and am thinking of switching to Working Assets/Credo which is Sprint. I live in Forestville, work in Bodega Bay, have a child in a Sebastopol school, so need coverage all over the West County. I searched the Wacco archives but the most recent thread was a year ago and am wondering what reception is like these days.

Is Sprint decent?

Thanks,
    Susan

4. TopTop #4
    entrique

I had Sprint and it was incredibly bad. I think Verizon is the best that I have found.
    Quote Posted in reply to the post by pingpong: View Post
    Look at their coverage map. Nothing at the coast. Sprint is famous for bad coverage. Sprint - Nationwide Coverage

5. TopTop #5
    photolite

I have Verizon and get reception anywhere in Sebastopol, Freestone and even downtown Occidental. Some places in Bodega Bay I can even find reception. Never had a problem in Forestville. I believe Verizon is the way to go in West County.
    Photo

Is Sprint decent?

Thanks,
    Susan

6. TopTop #6
    grizzlyview

There is a Verizon Antenna in Bodega bay so the service is excellent. There is a tower on english hill which serves most of the route along bodega highway (especially if you use a external antenna plugged into your phone). Sebastopol is well covered by verizon with a antenna in town. Att is fairly comparable with the exception of Bodega, where they have poor coverage. Sprint is rubbish in West County. I use a magnetic mount antenna on my vehicles with a tiny wire that plugs into the back of the phone (not all phones have a external antenna jack) and this is super effective at providing consistent signal. Also emanates the radio waves away from your head, which should please the aluminum foil hat wearing crowd

Is Sprint decent?

Thanks,
    Susan

7. TopTop #7
    edwardmills

I'm on Sprint and get great coverage in West County. I'm on one of their plans that allows me to roam on the Verizon network for free. So I get access to the Sprint and Verizon towers.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by grizzlyview: View Post
    There is a Verizon Antenna in Bodega bay so the service is excellent. There is a tower on english hill which serves most of the route along bodega highway (especially if you use a external antenna plugged into your phone). Sebastopol is well covered by verizon with a antenna in town. Att is fairly comparable with the exception of Bodega, where they have poor coverage. Sprint is rubbish in West County. I use a magnetic mount antenna on my vehicles with a tiny wire that plugs into the back of the phone (not all phones have a external antenna jack) and this is super effective at providing consistent signal. Also emanates the radio waves away from your head, which should please the aluminum foil hat wearing crowd

8. TopTop #8
    bodegahead

I live in Bodega Bay by the flats near Sandpiper Restaurant. My daughter goes to school in Forestville so I travel west county extensivly and regularly. I have Tmobile, my daughter ATT, neighbors ATT. Our cells work so well here we seldom use landline. I`ve had tracfone, net10 and verizon, all worked well. No service on hwy 1 north of Bodega Bay. Not much on 116 along the river except in Guernville and Forestville there is reception. South of Bodega Bay there is a blank spot in the canyon between the golf course and the Bodega turnoff. South on hwy 1 reception is sporadic to Petaluma. East from Bodega there is recepton to Freestone then none till Sebastopool except for Bill`s farm basket parking lot, where there is a weak signal. Nothing in Occidental except for an elusive weak signal on the hill behind and south of the Union hotel. I had Sprint out here long ago, it did`t work, don`t know if it`s changed. Same with metropc.