Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    gandalf

Arson Fire Info in Santa Rosa

This is Walter of Walter and Bevy. I created a blog about the arson fire that still has us scrambling about. We're ok, but our lives have been shaken. There is more info here:

Our Home Burned Up
    https://www.sonic.net/~gandalf/fire/
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Maja

Re: Arson Fire Info in Santa Rosa

How heartbreaking! I'm glad the two of you are ok. And how cool of the band to do the benefit show.
    I've added the concert info. to my website. I hope it helps.
    Santa Rosa - Santa Rosa CA - Santa Rosa, California
    BTW, is it still technically a "suspected" arson?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by gandalf: View Post
    This is Walter of Walter and Bevy. I created a blog about the arson fire that still has us scrambling about. We're ok, but our lives have been shaken. There is more info here:

Our Home Burned Up
    https://www.sonic.net/~gandalf/fire/

3. TopTop #3
    gandalf

I'm not exactly sure "technically". The fire investigators all said that it started in the trash can under the stairs. Several of them actually said somebody lit the trash can on fire. Looking at the way the fire moved you can see that it did start there and progressed up the stairs, into the living room, hall and bedroom and downstairs into the hall, shop room and banquet room.

There were three fires that night. I have heard that someone saw a person in dark cloths and a hood wearing gloves start one. One neighbor said he heard some young voices shouting and running down the street sometime before noticing the blaze. I have also heard that someone was caught for setting fires in Petaluma, but I can't find anything online about it.

So I really have no doubt that it was Arson. I really can't see any other reason for our trash can to catch fire. I know it can happen with old deteriorating rubber or textiles, but there was only new trash in there. In reality I have heard absolutely nothing from the police. I don't really think this is unusual. In the past I have found the SR police department really doesn't want to investigate anything if there is not a body. They generally want you to mail them your own report for them to file away for posterity. Now I could be completely wrong and they could be investigating this, there was an officer there that night, but I don't really have any knowledge of it, they have not contacted me since then and have been too busy with tasks at hand to try and see.

If they do find someone and successfully convict them of the crime we could probably have a civil suit against them, but would be unlikely to recover anything. Myself I'm working on making a new life. My old one is gone, it was ripped from me by someone I don't even know. I'm hoping the new one will be better.

Fire Blog

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Maja: View Post
    How heartbreaking! I'm glad the two of you are ok. And how cool of the band to do the benefit show.
    I've added the concert info. to my website. I hope it helps.
    Santa Rosa - Santa Rosa CA - Santa Rosa, California
    BTW, is it still technically a "suspected" arson?

4. TopTop #4
    gandalf

I found this in the February 13th Press Log for the SRPD.

2/13/2009 2225 090440310 090002319 ORCHARD ST SANTA ROSA 9 AGENCY ASSIST - BY SANTA ROSA PD REPORT
    Related Person(s) Count(s) Charge(s) Related Arrest(s) and Primary Arrest Charge
    VICTIM 2 ARSON:INHABITED STRUCTURE/PROPERTY