Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    bjrosen

Family in need due to fire

Low cost, temporary housing is needed for a family of three (parents and a three and 1/2 year old girl) who were burned out of their home recently in Santa Rosa. The mother is recovering from burns. They would appreciate a two bedroom set up during the recovery period. Donations are also being accepted. A fundraiser is in the planning stages for huge medical bills. Santa Rosa, Sebastopol, West County are preferred, but email Anthony with all offers at [email protected]
    Last edited by bjrosen; 02-06-2009 at 12:01 AM. Reason: Need to take off phone # and put email instead
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    nicofrog

Re: Family in need due to fire

THANK YOU
    for this posting, Yvette and Anthony and Maria are dear friends
    we are all recent transplants to the area from the wild and wooly hills of Marin.
    recently,with the huge turn out for benefits, and Memorials, a lot of us have been talking about how great it is when this community comes together to help each other...The MASSAGE-A-THON was So much fun
    and such an easy, "lets do this every month" fun kind of event.
    This little Family may not be known to many of you, but they are as dear sweet hearts as anyone I can think of , and I hope all the folks who have been saying"we should do this more often" will step up for someone they may NOT know, remembering that we are all one in the heart.
    We are looking for donations of household items ,if we get to many, we'll throw a yard sale, I am happy to help coordinate these efforts and have ideas around locations for these events feel free to e mail me with Ideas
    or donation deliveries.
    :lightbulb:

Quote Posted in reply to the post by bjrosen: View Post
    Low cost, temporary housing is needed for a family of three (parents and a three and 1/2 year old girl) who were burned out of their home recently in Santa Rosa. The mother is recovering from burns. They would appreciate a two bedroom set up during the recovery period. Donations are also being accepted. A fundraiser is in the planning stages for huge medical bills. Santa Rosa, Sebastopol, West County are preferred, but call with all offers. Anthony Ott at 415-497-5669.

3. TopTop #3
    Photoguy

I have a complete set of dishes, silverware, toaster oven, and an assortment of cookware I will gladly give. Contact me with how to get it where it needs to go. I think some sort of coordination on donations would be good Nico. Perhaps a list of needed items that can be checked off as it gets filled?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by nicofrog: View Post
    THANK YOU
    for this posting, Yvette and Anthony and Maria are dear friends
    we are all recent transplants to the area from the wild and wooly hills of Marin.
    recently,with the huge turn out for benefits, and Memorials, a lot of us have been talking about how great it is when this community comes together to help each other...The MASSAGE-A-THON was So much fun
    and such an easy, "lets do this every month" fun kind of event.
    This little Family may not be known to many of you, but they are as dear sweet hearts as anyone I can think of , and I hope all the folks who have been saying"we should do this more often" will step up for someone they may NOT know, remembering that we are all one in the heart.
    We are looking for donations of household items ,if we get to many, we'll throw a yard sale, I am happy to help coordinate these efforts and have ideas around locations for these events feel free to e mail me with Ideas
    or donation deliveries.
    :lightbulb:

4. TopTop #4
    Maja

I just published a post about this on my Santa Rosa website. Santa Rosa - Santa Rosa CA - Santa Rosa, California
    I have a link going back to this thread, in case people want to get more info and help out. But, it would be good if I could also publish someone's phone number and/or email address. Is there anyone here who could serve as the primary contact? Thanks.

5. TopTop #5
    bjrosen

New info for family in need due to fire

Dear community,

All responses to the call for help are greatly appreciated! But please use email as a means to communicate to Anthony at [email protected]. Temporary low cost housing is still being sought. Yvette is coming home from the hospital tomorrow which is great news. Her recovery period will take months. A fundraiser event is being planned for late May. More details will follow. Thank you for all your help.