Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    earthdancer128

Amazing Palestinian/Israeli Celebration Of Peace And Healing

For those of you who are longing for peace in the holy land or wondering if Palestinians and Israelis can ever co-exist peacfully, check out the link below. This came to me compliments of Jerry Green. I found it incredibly inspiring.

On August 26-28, 2008 the Sulha Peace Project organized its 7th annual gathering for thousands of Arabs, Jews, Israelis, Palestinians, secular and religious, young and old to share their pain, to dance, to pray, to learn about each other, and ultimately to coexist for three days and three nights just a few miles outside of Jerusalem.

- Watch the short 2008 documentary -

Click here or paste into your browser

| Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    sharingwisdom

Re: Amazing Palestinian/israel Celebration Of Peace And Healing

Thank you so much for this posting! I watched in tears. I know this is possible for each of us. I hold this for the governments too. What I heard strongly from one of the presenters in the video is "I don't have to be right...I want to succeed." Perhaps this is important in all that we do in our lives...when we stop having to prove who we are, be vulnerable to share our pain, have witness so then we can move on. Reconciliation is the key.

In the movie, "In My Country" with Juliette Binoche and Samuel L Jackson, about the end of South African Apartheid, there was a nationwide court and commission for Truth and Reconciliation for those who had been tortured and to the families of those killed. It so stirred my heart in seeing forgiveness happen just by having a safe place for others to bare witness to pain and atrocity before those who participated in these crimes. There was no punishment just admitting that there was participation and making amends. Touch your heart and watch this movie, and we can all participate in seeing and being in the world differently.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by earthdancer128: View Post
    For those of you who are longing for peace in the holy land or wondering if Palestinians and Israelis can ever co-exist peacfully, check out the link below. This came to me compliments of Jerry Green. I found it incredibly inspiring.

On August 26-28, 2008 the Sulha Peace Project organized its 7th annual gathering for thousands of Arabs, Jews, Israelis, Palestinians, secular and religious, young and old to share their pain, to dance, to pray, to learn about each other, and ultimately to coexist for three days and three nights just a few miles outside of Jerusalem.

- Watch the short 2008 documentary -

Click here or paste into your browser

3. TopTop #3
    earthdancer128

Re: Amazing Palestinian/israel Celebration Of Peace And Healing

This is still very topical.