Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Kathleen Shaffer

Sebastopol has Health Care!

In the past few days, I have talked with some residents who did not know health care is available here in Sebastopol. The Palm Drive Medical Health Care Center is open for your medical care. The Center is located in the office complex next door to the hospital, south side, at 6800 Palm Avenue. Private insurance is accepted, Medicare, Kaiser by emergency, but please call with specific questions about your coverage. The telephone number is 823-7616.

There are three physicians Dr. Greg Rosas, Dr. Harry Simms, and Dr Connie Ayers, plus a new physician is coming on board. If you have had trouble finding a physician, now you can stop looking. They are waiting to help you at the Health Center right here in Sebastopol.

Kathleen Shaffer
    Palm Drive Health Care Foundation Board
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Dynamique

Re: Sebastopol has Health Care!

And what if you don't have insurance? Are you just out of luck? Do you go around the corner to the emergency room for primary care on the public dime?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Kathleen Shaffer: View Post
    In the past few days, I have talked with some residents who did not know health care is available here in Sebastopol. The Palm Drive Medical Health Care Center is open for your medical care. The Center is located in the office complex next door to the hospital, south side, at 6800 Palm Avenue. Private insurance is accepted, Medicare, Kaiser by emergency, but please call with specific questions about your coverage. The telephone number is 823-7616.

There are three physicians Dr. Greg Rosas, Dr. Harry Simms, and Dr Connie Ayers, plus a new physician is coming on board. If you have had trouble finding a physician, now you can stop looking. They are waiting to help you at the Health Center right here in Sebastopol.

Kathleen Shaffer

3. TopTop #3
    Tars

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Dynamique: View Post
    And what if you don't have insurance? Are you just out of luck? Do you go around the corner to the emergency room for primary care on the public dime?
    Good question Dynamique, in regard to Palm Drive. Unless they've changed their money-grubbing ways, they're one of the most expensive facilities around; I found out the hard way. Then I watched the same thing happen to a friend of mine.

On me, after charging an arm & a leg for the ER visit, they told me they couldn't deal with my particular problem, and sent me to Memorial. I didn't know at the time that they're the same business entity. They tried to charge me twice in one day for Emergency room fees. Plus, they sent me for two MRI's, and tried to charge me for both. I also believe they have an arrangement with the ambulance company they use. They insisted I be driven to Memorial in an ambulance, though I walked in, and was able to move around on my own (this, after sitting around in their ER for over 5 hours!) Price of the limo...er I mean ambulance ride...over $2000!

If you need health care, and you care at all about what it costs, I suggest you check all other alternatives you can think of, before letting Memorial/Palm Drive get their hooks into you.

I am still dealing with the legal bullshit resulting from that visit, almost 5 years later!. Memorial/Palm Drive has made me their enemy for the rest of my life.

Sadly the community clinics have lost a lot of their funding, Now there's a long wait, and the doctor's visit, when it finally happens, lasts about two minutes. But that's still preferable to being financially raped by Memorial.

I think the original post in this thread is just an advertisement. They should be charged the max this board charges - give them a taste of their own "medicine"
    Last edited by Tars; 01-19-2009 at 11:48 PM.

4. TopTop #4
    Yubajeff

Try the Jewish Community Free Clinic in Rohnert Park
    Jewish Community Free Clinic - Providing Healthcare to Uninsured Families
    Monday mornings, Thursday evenings for adults
    Pediatrics Tuesday afternoon
    No appointment needed, except for acupuncture, which is all day Wednesday.

Of course, you don't need to be Jewish. That's where I'll go if I ever get sick or can't take of it myself. ER's are for 911 emergencies, at most, meaning immediate threat to life or limb. I don't have medical insurance, and I don't want any. I have auto insurance, and a travel fund account. If I want to get elective surgery or dental I'll go to Mexico or Thailand on the $1000/mos that private insurance would cost me. and get better safer sweeter treatment than here, from all accounts. I think this whole health care crisis is just as bogus as the oil crisis, the economic crisis, and the arms race. Who do YOU trust? I refuse to be manipulated by unethical bureaucrats, lawyers, politicians, academics, investors, or anyone with an obvious conflict of interest. Note how they distract us by getting us to quibble over impossible questions of global contamination and sorting colored glass for recycling, while explosing us to carcinogenic and mutagenic radiation and blockbuster drugs of marginal safety and effectiveness. Mammograms for breast cancer detections? Think about it: expose yourself annually to carcinogen/mutagenic energy for quick re-assurance and a 5 year profit for High Tech. But in 20 years the breast cell remembers every ray to DNA.

Breast MRI is (currently) looking safer and more accurate) but isn't in routine use due to less 5 year profit. Ultrasound and thermography will prove more than equal to ionizing radiation, with no risk, but little corporate profit. These are NOT subtle points. They are rather obvious, and the smart women here are already catching on to this raquet. The docs are themselved indocrinated (nice pun huh?) and may mean well, but the "experts" are paid handsomely for their support. We GP's would get free pens and sticky notes, and occasionally a nice meal to listen to the propaganda. I used to attend, but felt like a spy from the outside. The other docs take this stuff seriously! I remember when the cardiologists all smoked and ate steak Diane and rich desserts (Tiramusu is yummy, I admit). They were the last group to recognize the benefit of fish oil, much less CoQ10 and other less lucrative approaches.

Sorry if I am getting didactic. I no longer follow these depressogenic lines of thought. I departed company from the profession 2 years ago, and I don't enjoy looking back. There is just a little unfinished business I have to deal with.

Gai gezunte heit (approximately yiddish for "go in good health")
    Yubajeff/scout

Last edited by Barry; 01-20-2009 at 12:37 PM.

5. TopTop #5
    JewishFreeClinic

The Jewish Community Free Clinic, 490 City Center Drive in Rohnert Park (near the Library) offers FREE MEDICAL CARE for ANYONE without health insurance. It is a walk-in basis. 707 585- 7780 or Jewish Community Free Clinic - Providing Healthcare to Uninsured Families

Clinic Hours:
    Mondays
    9:30am - 11am Daytime Family Practice Clinic
    Tuesday
    3-4:30pm The Vaccines for Children Program
    Thursday
    5:30pm-7:30 pm Evening Family Practice Clinic

6. TopTop #6
    Photoguy

Nice ad. Hope you get a raise

Kathleen Shaffer

7. TopTop #7
    pjpete

Is Dr. Cunningham there also?
    Quote Posted in reply to the post by Photoguy: View Post
    Nice ad. Hope you get a raise

8. TopTop #8
    debibaker

I appreciate this post, since I am new to the area and am tired of being told to drive real far to find a doctor. I have called and made an appointment already. They seem nice and take all types of insurance, including medicare, which very few doctors do these days. They are not part of the hospital, but in the medical center next to it. Going to the doctor here will save lots of time and fuel.

Kathleen Shaffer