Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Thread: typing speed
  • Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Deb

typing speed

Is anyone else having this problem? I am finding that I am typing way faster than the site is keeping up with. It especially annoying when I am back spacing to remove mistakes because backspacing takes even longer. (I am not the greatest speller when I type...) Maybe it is my system. I do see a difference using the same feature on other sites, though. Any ideas? Anyone?
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Poppy Paws

Re: typing speed

I know this problem! I've had this problem elsewhere and it is sooooo aggravating. Can this be one of those things more dependant on the supernatural than on the electronic?

I mean, I don't know why it is, maybe it's a thing of different operating systems or browsers being more compatible with certain functions than with others? But the thing is, I've had the problem you describe at other places on the web, and with other browsers, but not here and not with Firefox. Have you tried Firefox? It really is good!

Beyond that, I can only suspect a whimsy of the Little People. Try setting out a dish of milk on the hearth!

Peskily,
    Kassy

3. TopTop #3
    gandalf

Re: typing speed

It's the big javascript editor that this site uses by default. In the User Control Panel under Options down at the very bottom it lets you set it to 3 possiblities and one is a simple box. I'd try the other two options and see which works for you speed/niceness wise.

Javascript is a program that runs on your computer, so if your computer is slow, a fancy javascript is going to be slower. More fancy = much more slow. But it's only an option and you can choose not to use the fancy stuff. Look, I'll make a simily here without graphics: B-}

On a fast enough computer (semi-modern) there should be no noticable wait when using the fancy editor. I'm on a p3-750, but even that is considered slow these days. I often surf on a Pentium-133.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Deb:
    Is anyone else having this problem? I am finding that I am typing way faster than the site is keeping up with. It especially annoying when I am back spacing to remove mistakes because backspacing takes even longer. (I am not the greatest speller when I type...) Maybe it is my system. I do see a difference using the same feature on other sites, though. Any ideas? Anyone?