Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Thread: Miss Lucy
  • Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    margi

Miss Lucy

My beautiful lil princess Lucy (a full breed 12 year old Doberman) passed away Monday night.

In the wee hours Monday morning, Lucy jumped off the bed and couldn't move. My first thought was she tweaked her neck, hurt her foot or was dazed from the jump. Several minutes passed and she was still unresponsive. After coaxing, begging and trying to get any kind of reaction, we took her to the ER Vet. (We took her to Pet Care on Fulton road---I highly recommend them)

Lucy fortunately did not suffer and went very quickly.

After x-rays, lab test and ultrasounds, the bottom line was....My gentle girl had a large tumor on her spleen and it seemed to have torn or ruptured and was bleeding. At 12 years and very weak, the doctors did not give her a good prognosis of recovery or life expectancy post surgery. Her health and vitals began to decline within hours of taking her in to ER and therefore the decision was made to let her go peacefully. Lucy was surrounded by those she loved and those who loved her when she passed.

I greive for her passing. Some day I will get another dog....but in the mean time, I want to give back and share. I want to be able to give my time to dogs/shelters/others in need and I want to donate some of Lucy's beds, food and toys to those in need. I just don't know where to go or where to start. Any ideas? I know in these tough times every little bit helps. Where should I donate these things and who needs them the most.

Lucy up until a year ago was a therapy dog. I know she would want her toys, beds, treats and blankets to go to good use.

Thanks
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    margi

Re: Miss Lucy

I want to thank you all for your kind wishes and emails. I have always found great comfort, information, help and joy from this board. THANK YOU BARRY!
    In case you wanted to see my girl...I have photos up on flickr. Just click on the link....https://www.flickr.com/photos/margil...7610702558222/

Thank you too for those who offered where to donate. It brings me joy to help out others. I will certainly do that and when ready...yes I will be happy to foster a dog or two and be there to love and support them just as I had my precious Lucy girl.

Margi
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email