Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    nurturetruth
    Co-observing

Do you love to Bead and make things?! I want to talk to you!

I feel I have a GREAT idea which could "take" pretty well in West Sonoma County and beyond. (santa rosa, marin , the internet?)

These crafty items would ideally be made in the now to be made available at next years events or sold in stores.
    (farmers market, craft fairs, a small art gallery perhaps)

Though I have a great eye for creativity and color/design, in truth, I do not know all the ends and outs of being a beader/jewelry maker.
    I am WILLING TO LEARN and am a QUICK learner if you care to show me. I would even be willing to buy my own tools!

Email me for more information !

*no, they are not necklaces or bracelets. though similar ......

| Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Sara S
    Auntie Wacco

Re: Do you love to Bead and make things?! I want to talk to you!

Well, I don't do it anymore, but did a lot of beading (earrings, mostly) for a long time; very creative therapy, I thought! Hard to make a living at it, though.

One example: I designed a nice little earring-a bunch of grapes, with tendril and leaf- and thought they would be great for this county. When I talked to the person who did all the buying for some winery gift shops, though, he said that he had two styles of grape earrings already. One was cast resin or something, and the other was gemstones. He had them made in Indonesia, and they sold for under $10 at the wineries. Since making a pair of my beaded ones took between 3 to 4 hours, I could hardly sell them for under $10! Sold some at craft shows, though....

Sara S.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by nurturetruth: View Post
    I feel I have a GREAT idea which could "take" pretty well in West Sonoma County and beyond. (santa rosa, marin , the internet?)

These crafty items would ideally be made in the now to be made available at next years events or sold in stores.

Though I have a great eye for creativity and color/design, in truth, I do not know all the ends and outs of being a beader/jewelry maker.
    I am WILLING TO LEARN and am a QUICK learner if you care to show me. I would even be willing to buy my own tools!

Last edited by Sara S; 11-19-2008 at 05:14 PM.

3. TopTop #3
    NudeTea

1st customer, right here. I have a great need for something masculine but still charming. Can't picture it in my imagination yet ... how's yours?

4. TopTop #4
    nicofrog

Hi;
    No Idea what your idea is!
    I love to make and sell crafts, art,etc. I was a production potter for many years. I have a LOT of beads, I would trade-sell like a suitcase full.
    not sure what size range you are doing,I use beads in re-cycadelic mosaics
    so it's not like I have no use for them . I'll never use them all.My sweetie has a huge lot of plastic beads, if you are thinking plastic.??????????
    My big life dream is to create a Training center where all kinds of people who are not busy with something else, or who would like to learn,could come and make items for sale, and be PAYED to do it.
    I know lots of teens who are quite talented who complain of nothing to do, no way to make money accept babysitting, newspapers, and yard work.
    There is a project in Ohio Called Passionflowers Google it and you can see what I have in mind, It's like a full time local burning man with a more meaningful perspective, they work with "developmentally disabled" kids, and adults,but actually , when it comes to ART, I think we are ALL
    developmentally disabled,actually D D kids are SPECIALLY abled by their condition to be free in the medium, and most of us are culturally deprived
    because we knew we loved art as kids, but SOME GROWNUP told us no no no, you can't make money that way, and it's silly, so here, do this book-keeping instead...or whatever. part of our capitalist incarceration.
    Break Free, Do Art, BE RICH
    Nico

5. TopTop #5
    MsTerry

Are you going to string people together?