Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    galephil

Pine Cone Cafe is open!

The Pine Cone Cafe is now open. Hubby and I went there for breakfast this morning. He had the Pine Cone Benedict ("My dream Benedict", with avocado, onions, and tomato in addition to the usual stuff.) I had the artichoke and sausage baked eggs. Yum! Spicy and full of artichoke and sausage. They open at 8 and serve breakfast until 3pm! It's clean and bright and the servers are friendly.

Give it a try.

Gale
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Veeja

Re: Pine Cone Cafe is open!

Where is Pine Cone Cafe?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by galephil: View Post
    The Pine Cone Cafe is now open. Hubby and I went there for breakfast this morning. He had the Pine Cone Benedict ("My dream Benedict", with avocado, onions, and tomato in addition to the usual stuff.) I had the artichoke and sausage baked eggs. Yum! Spicy and full of artichoke and sausage. They open at 8 and serve breakfast until 3pm! It's clean and bright and the servers are friendly.

Give it a try.

Gale

3. TopTop #3
    shellebelle

YEH!!!!

I am so excited!!!

Pine Cone is right on Main St between the Copperfields almost right int he middle actually very near Sebastopol Cookie (which I had the hardest time finding!) When I walked by last weekend it looked good inside but no sign!

4. TopTop #4
    pjpete

Is it still named the Pine Cone?
    Quote Posted in reply to the post by Veeja: View Post
    Where is Pine Cone Cafe?

5. TopTop #5
    Roadie

Do they have any vegan/vegetarian options?

6. TopTop #6
    shellebelle

Yes they do and no red meat! VERY good food!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Roadie: View Post
    Do they have any vegan/vegetarian options?

7. TopTop #7
    NudeTea

As for me, I would like to mention the gals who work there. What a fabulous team. Really. These gals were far outnumbered by how many patrons were in the restaurant on Sunday morning. They all remained attentive to the tables, quick to refill drinks, anxious to be of help and service, and most of all very smiley faced and bright despite the enormous pressure they were under. The food was great, yeah. But what I need in a restaurant is service, and these gals operated with such smooth teamwork among themselves. Two gratitudes to them all.

8. TopTop #8
    Bird Watcher

I heartily agree--the service was as warm as the Butter Chicken Curry. Mmmm. What a delightful meal we had tonight. My hubby requested his Chicken Curry extra hot, and was soon perspiring with a big grin on his face. Prices are great, too. Our main server was engaging, knowlegable and prompt. She was backed up by another woman who had other tables. Both of them checked on us frequently. And Chef Dikendra Maskey himself came over to deliver the warm, blistered naan. The space is spare, but nicely done. I love the exposed brick. We couldn't remember if that wall was brick in the past! Pretty much everything else has been replaced. Go. Enjoy. Support your community establishments!

9. TopTop #9
    jamesfarag

I went in for lunch on Tuesday. I was happy to see that it is still called Pine Cone. I like the new decor. Simple. Nice wood floors. The two ladies serving were very friendly and did their best to be attentive.

I say "did their best" because I happened to sit near the service window to the kitchen and discovered what a challenge those two ladies were up against with the kitchen staff.

It was obvious that the cooks were not familiar with the menu as 3 of 4 table's food had an issue with one or more item served. Mostly it was forgotten components of the dish, where I would see the table ask about it and the server would go get a menu and go over the dish with the patron to confirm the expectation and then take the menu to the cook and explain why what they had just served was not correct.

This happened 3 times to different tables while I was waiting for my food. When my waitress went up to the window to get my order, I heard her ask the cook, "Is this the pesto burger?"
    "Yes."
    "Are you sure?"
    "Yes."
    So she brought it over.

It didn't look like what I ordered; but, having just heard her confirm it with the cook, I took a bite. It tasted GREAT, but it tasted nothing like a turkey burger with pesto. After poking around it for a minute, hunting for some semblance of pesto, I called her back over. Turns out it was the seed burger.

She was very apologietic and they made me the correct item fairly quickly. The upside is that I got a great taste of something I likely would never have ordered otherwise.

I also overheard the servers repeatedly asking the cooks which tickets the dishes belonged to; they had asked repeatedly for the tickets to be placed with the dish, but apparently it was still not happening.

Overall, I was impressed with the food and the grace of the servers under challenging conditions.

I'll wait a bit and check back in. Hopefully the cooks can work out the kinks in the kitchen before then.

Cheers!