Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Franklin Johnson

What exactly are conservatives conserving?

What exactly are conservatives conserving? Bigotry? War? Financial ruin? Give everyone's money away to a select group of billionaire thieves? Criminalizing abortion? Criminalizing homosexuals? What?

To all of this 'stuff,' I can only give thanks to conservatives with the following expression:
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Dixon

Re: What exactly are conservatives conserving?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Franklin Johnson: View Post
    What exactly are conservatives conserving? Bigotry? War? Financial ruin? Give everyone's money away to a select group of billionaire thieves? Criminalizing abortion? Criminalizing homosexuals? What?
    I've been asking myself that for years. Conservatives are certainly NOT conservationists, in spite of the similarity between those words!

I finally decided that conservatives are conserving PRIVILEGE. Straight privilege, white privilege, religious privilege, wealthy privilege, conservative privilege, male privilege, and of course, that most important God-given privilege of all: straight white religious wealthy conservative male privilege!

Regards;

Straight white atheist poverty-stricken radical male Dixon

3. TopTop #3
    Dynamique

They are conserving their power as well as having white heterosexual males in charge. This includes males (presumably of all colors) subjugating women.

It's strange what "conservatives" have become. It used to be that those who identified as conservative were essentially the lone ranger types who wanted minimal government, especially when it came to personal liberties. This included what went on in the bedroom between consenting adults. They also abhor any type of government assistance or handout programs.

It looks to me like they have been replaced by fascists and hooked up with the "Christian" right-wing nuts because they are accustomed to being told what to think and do -- usually by white males.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Franklin Johnson: View Post

To all of this 'stuff,' I can only give thanks to conservatives with the following expression:

4. TopTop #4
    MsTerry

Really?
    Since when are there no Black, Asian or Hispanic Conservatives???
    I guess you are just as big of a bigot as those conservatives.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Dixon: View Post

I finally decided that conservatives are conserving PRIVILEGE. Straight privilege, white privilege, religious privilege, wealthy privilege, conservative privilege, male privilege, and of course, that most important God-given privilege of all: straight white religious wealthy conservative male privilege!
    Dixon