Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Franklin Johnson

Efren Carrillo is another Sam Crump. Vote Furch

Efren Carrillo is another Sam Crump. Vote Furch!

Let's not make the same mistake again. Crump, for example, was a raving, right-wing, small government Republican in capital letters. The laws that prohibit political party identification in local elections don't allow people to see the candidates for what they really are.

Franklin
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Alysson Wonderland

Re: Efren Carrillo is another Sam Crump. Vote Furch

The laws that prohibit political party identification in local elections don't allow people to see the candidates for what they really are.

Franklin[/quote]

One way to tell, in these non-partisan races, is to see if the candidate is endorsed by a political party. As I posted here earlier, the Sonoma County Democratic Party endorsed Rue Furch in this race. She is also endorsed by the Progressive Democrats, Sonoma County. Rue's opponent has made it very difficult for anyone to tell where he really stands on the important issues, as he lists no endorsements on his website. Beware.

3. TopTop #3
    Lady bug

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Franklin Johnson: View Post
    Efren Carrillo is another Sam Crump. Vote Furch!

Let's not make the same mistake again. Crump, for example, was a raving, right-wing, small government Republican in capital letters. The laws that prohibit political party identification in local elections don't allow people to see the candidates for what they really are.

Franklin
    Furch is republican vote for Carrillo

4. TopTop #4
    Kinetic

Lady Bug,
    I have ignored your comments in the past. I would like to make notice at this point, that you appear to be either terribly misinformed or a troll.
    If you happen to live in Northern California, you are well aware of Rue's party affiliation.
    Please do try to keep your postings less inflammatory.

5. TopTop #5
    Lady bug

Misinformed? I thought only Republician's didn't pay their taxes.

6. TopTop #6
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Lady Bug,

WaccoBB.net is a place where intelligent and thoughtful people can converse in a respectful manner. Your comments, so far, are not appropriate here.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Lady bug: View Post
    Last edited by Barry; 11-04-2008 at 08:53 AM.

7. TopTop #7
    Bryan

I like that Waccooooobbbb is trying to keep things civil.
    Here's a great article out just today on this major issue.

https://edition.cnn.com/2008/TECH/11...rss_topstories

I looked over the several other recent posts from Lady Bug and agree 50% of her comments falls into this category. I also feel that this original post was just another person trying to stir things up without really adding any valuable information, and also has a really negative tone.

I helped my father run for office as Alameda county supervisor for 16 years - some of this noise is normal. But, if people really want to convince somebody to vote for or against someone else, they are much more effective when they know what they are talking about. In this specific Sonoma County election, its too bad that the political tone from many 'supporters' is in general, negative. I've read both sides and found much to be disappointed about.

What I believe is people should write publicly with the same tone they want to use in public. Say it in writing as if you were speaking to someone face to face.

Now, that said, when I am really p$^'d off, I go ahead and write a really long, over the top diatribe, and put down all those negative feelings. Then I throw that note away (just hit delete, not send). Then if I really think I should write a complaint or whatever, I rewrite it (from scratch) 2-3 more times until it reads. Why? because maybe I really have something important to say and I want maybe 1 other person to hear that. Not thousands of people, maybe just 1.

And, when I haven't done this, boy is it quick to create a LOT of trouble.

I have a very good friend who, whenever she watched Fox News, would end up getting really really upset. Specifically, about whatever Fox was telling her to be upset about that day.

I pointed this out to her, how Fox was basically just riling her up without any real goal except to keep her watching. Fox didn't really want to make solutions - just noise of the day.

She heard me, and stopped - because she saw herself that in fact, it was indeed happening. Course, she didn't tell me she stopped initially - as she is as stubborn as the rest of us. Instead I figured it out a few months later asked her.

I spend way more time reading either straight news with comments on the web. If the comments are lousy, I generally start to ignore those forums as no one there is really interested in 2 way communication.

There are a lot of ways to make yourself upset - many opinionated web sites, hot talk shows, etc. But what's the point - the goal? Personally I think a lot of folks want to get upset as a way of feeling more alive, more intense. But they are not focused on solutions - that takes time and effort - instead getting @(*)*) off is quick and easy. So maybe there is just some instant gratification loop involved here - get worked up, write something nasty, and feel better?
    We are not talking about real political action here anyway - these aren't big issues just the normal stuff - so maybe venting is what people are doing.

I submit its better to vent in private then hit DELETE before sending out to the rest of us.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Barry: View Post
    Lady Bug,

WaccoBB.net is a place for intelligent and thoughtful people can converse in a respectful manner. Your comments, so far, are not appropriate here.

8. TopTop #8
    Sara S
    Auntie Wacco

The second most annoying things about your posts are the misspellings and misuse of apostrophes.

Constant Proofreader

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Lady bug: View Post

9. TopTop #9
    Ratfink

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Sara S: View Post
    The second most annoying things about your posts are the misspellings and misuse of apostrophes.

Constant Proofreader
    Guess what I'am spelling now, Starts with

10. TopTop #10
    Sara S
    Auntie Wacco

Yes? Were you trying to say anything here?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Ratfink: View Post
    Guess what I'am spelling now, Starts with