Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    diotima

Just returned from Community Meeting

I just found out why I ended up in Sebastopol. The planning commission meeting at the Community Center was so impressive. It was very well planned and executed, extremely well attended, and the quality of civic engagement made me proud to call myself a citizen of Sebastopol. I only wish there was a way to stay involved with like-minded members of my new community. Based on the number of people who stayed till the very end, I know I'm not the only policy/process devotee in the neighborhood. Ideas, anyone?
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Re: Just returned from Community Meeting

As a former Sebastopol Planning Commissioner, I would love to see WacoBB used by those interested in local politics and policy. Was there a mailing list gathered at the meeting? I'll get in touch with the city to see it there is a way that WaccoBB could be used to facilite community involvement.
    Quote Posted in reply to the post by diotima:
    I only wish there was a way to stay involved with like-minded members of my new community.

3. TopTop #3
    joyfulliving

Re: Just returned from Community Meeting

Quote Posted in reply to the post by diotima:
    I just found out why I ended up in Sebastopol. The planning commission meeting at the Community Center was so impressive. It was very well planned and executed, extremely well attended, and the quality of civic engagement made me proud to call myself a citizen of Sebastopol. I only wish there was a way to stay involved with like-minded members of my new community. Based on the number of people who stayed till the very end, I know I'm not the only policy/process devotee in the neighborhood. Ideas, anyone?
    Forestville has a similar process with Town Meetings, A Forestville Planning Association, and A Forestville Planning Committee along with Citizens for Sensible Growth. All are accessible to people according to the desires of the individuals. I am a member of the Forestville Planning Association Board and a Member of the Forestville Planning Committee. I am also the Director of The Forestville Joyful Living Center. The FPA has a website with a webmaster which is located at: https://www.fpa.org. The Forestville Joyful Living Center is just about to open up its website at: https://www.theforestvillejoyfullivingcenter.org. Both of these organizations welcome dialogue. The FPA board is opening up to new board members at the next Town Meeting in Forestville on the 26th of February. ANYONE is welcome to enter into the election process. I would also welcome any comments for our area at: [email protected].