Hi All,

My wife Jean is running for a seat on the Forestville School Board (grades K-8) and I am helping get the word out. The election is November 4th. Below, is a letter she wrote explaining why she would be an effective board trustee. If you could please take a moment and share this email with friends and family living in Forestville’s school district, we would really appreciate it. If you have any questions, please contact me or Jean, [email protected].

Also, if you would be interested in putting a small sign (18”x24”) in your yard or business, please let us know.

Bill Bullard, Deputy Chief
Graton Fire Protection District
3205 Ross Road, P.O. Box A
Graton, CA 95444
mailto:[email protected]
https://www.gratonfire.com
707-823-5515 ext. 3
707-823-7251 fax

****************************************************************************************
I am running for a seat on the Forestville Union School District School Board and here is why.

I am a stay-at-home mom to seven year old twin boys. I have been volunteering in the classroom and at the school since my boys started preschool. I have gotten to know many of the students and parents. For a year now, I have been a Director with the Friends of Forestville School Education Foundation through which I have come to know many of the teachers as well as the school staff.

I want to do more. I am dedicated to the success of my children and as a stay at home mom; I look for ways that I can be involved in the community. I want to help the school be the best it can be for all students.

Core curriculum is certainly important but our children need a well rounded education that includes the arts, sports and other enrichment programs. If we want them to fulfill their potential and reach their dreams, we need to ensure they have the proper tools.

I bring a fresh perspective to the board. My children are young and I will be here for many years. I am committed to their success as well as that of the school. Having children in the school allows me a close look at the day to day workings. We are a good school but our past achievements should not slow us down. We need to continue working hard to improve the school and the education we are providing.

I grew up surrounded by a family of educators. I was not born to be a teacher so I help in other ways. I have a tremendous respect and admiration for those who teach our children. I believe in the public school system.

We have enjoyed the small community feel of this school since day one. The teachers and staff care deeply for the children and for the school. We have some of the best teachers around.

We have reached a time when creativity is essential in our approach. Money and resources are limited so it is critical that we are open to new ideas.

From my experience running a multi-million dollar 9-1-1 ambulance service in the Bay Area, I bring a level headed approach to business. As a former small business owner in Sonoma County, I understand the complexities of balancing needs with limited funding. As a parent of young children, I am motivated to ensure a high-quality education not only for them but the community as a whole.

My decision to run for a position on the Board is based on my commitment to our schools and community. As a member of the School Board, I would work to maintain focus on the education of the children. I see the need to improve communication between administration, teachers, parents, students, and the community. I will serve the students, the staff, the district, and the community with passion and dedication. We must not lose focus of our biggest priority – the children.

Jean Bullard - Forestville School Board Candidate