Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

WaccoBB Tips and Tricks!

Hi!

I thought I'd share some little tricks on how to use this website. Here's the first one:

You can change the order of posts when viewing a thread to show the newest one first. To do this, goto your User Control Panel and then click on the Edit Options page. Scroll down until you see the Thread Display Options section and look for the Thread Display Mode box.

Here you can choose "Linear-Newest First". Check out view this help page for more info on other choices, and try poking around the other options available on this page. Please do not change the "Recieve Email options".

Feel free to respond with your questions and comments.

Barry
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Re: WaccoBB Tips and Tricks! - Remove formatting when cutting and pasting

When you copy formatted text from another program, such as Word, and paste it into a WaccoBB.net post, sometimes the formatting carries over just fine, and sometimes not. You should always check how your post will look by clicking on the "Preview Post" button.

If its not quite right, you can remove the formatting by highlighting the section you want to change and then clicking on the new Remove Formatting [img]techtwo/editor/removeformat.gif[/img] button. Your text will then be restored to plain text that you can now reformat.

Earlier on this thread I showed you how you can change the order of posts when viewing a thread to show the newest one first. Click here to see that tip.

Barry
    Last edited by Barry; 01-19-2006 at 01:38 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email