Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    decterlove

Anybody here use Facebook to promote their business service?

Beside Shellebelle! Ha! Ha! I know you're out there, Shelley and I hope to talk soon.

I have found Myspace to be utterly without value for my purposes of connecting to potential clientes for my live hands on snake programs.

www.handsonsnakes.com (hope it's okay to insert this here....Barry can you clue me into the policy re links on posts?[No worries! -Barry] Or maybe Mykil can!)

My superficial impression is that Facebook is really more of a social network than a business one. Anyone have a differing experience or opinion?

Thanks, Decterlove
    Last edited by Barry; 09-18-2008 at 12:32 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    meherc
    Supporting member

Re: Anybody here use Facebook to promote their business service?

I sure wouldn't. Very unprofessional and I would view anyone who did as unprofessional also. Your business alongside Farmland or whatever that game is. Not for me. On, WACCO, I would and do advertise.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by decterlove: View Post
    My superficial impression is that Facebook is really more of a social network than a business one. Anyone have a differing experience or opinion?
    Last edited by Barry; 10-02-2014 at 02:45 PM.
    Marilyn Meshak Herczog, EA

3. TopTop #3
    KWilson

I think it depends on what your business is. All the wineries use it, as does Landpaths, Sonoma County Parks, local environmental groups, etc. I work at a non-profit and we post things on Facebook every day. You have to go to where people are to stay relevant and attract new members. Plus it's nice to be able to interact with your audience.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by meherc: View Post
    I sure wouldn't. Very unprofessional and I would view anyone who did as unprofessional also. Your business alongside Farmland or whatever that game is. Not for me. On, WACCO, I would and do advertise.

4. TopTop #4
    Glia

Some people have a business-specific Facebook profile using the name of the business rather than their personal identity. Lots of corporations and businesses have Facebook pages, so it is hardly like it has never been done. Due to the privacy and security issues with Facebook, it is losing popularity.

There are other specific business networking sites such as LinkedIn you might consider.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by meherc: View Post

5. Gratitude expressed by: