Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Thread: Damon on Palin
  • Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Sylph

Damon on Palin

https://www.newsday.com/services/new...,1204760.story

For an actor he seems pretty bright.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    jay

Re: Damon on Palin

Wow. Finally someone said exactly what I was thinking/feeling. And he said it in less than 5 minutes!!!

I have been carrying around this terrible sense of fear while watching the Palin movie gather speed -- Feeling absolutely helpless.

I think the most important thing Damon questioned was why the concerns he so astutely outlined weren't being seriously discussed by people/media. To hear my concerns spoken so clearly gives me some hope that I am not the only one and that just maybe those who have their foot in the door to being able to pull the plug on this scary movie will push for elevating the discussion into primetime.

- jay

3. TopTop #3
    jay

Wow. Finally someone said exactly what I was thinking/feeling. And he said it in less than 5 minutes!!!

I have been carrying around this terrible sense of fear while watching the Palin movie gather speed -- Feeling absolutely helpless.

I think the most important thing Damon questioned was why the concerns he so astutely outlined weren't being seriously discussed by people/media. To hear my concerns spoken so clearly gives me some hope that I am not the only one and that just maybe those who have their foot in the door to being able to pull the plug on this scary movie will push for elevating the discussion into primetime.

- jay

4. TopTop #4
    yogawoods

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Sylph: View Post
    https://www.newsday.com/services/new...,1204760.story

For an actor he seems pretty bright.
    Yes, it IS scary! what I also think is scary is what Paul Krugman talks about in today's Sunday columun - how the news media tries to be "balanced at all cost". "If a politician says that black is white, the news report doesn't say that he's wrong, it reports that 'some Democrats say' that he's wrong. Or a grotesque lie from one side is paired with a trivial misstatement from the other." The Huffington report has some interesting perspectives as well. yogawoods