Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Dark Shadows

Petsitting Problem

I recently used a pet sitting service that advertises on the Internet and has locations across the nation. The service I received was really bad. I don't quite know how to handle the situation. The rate I was charged was competitive with other pet sitting services and I thought that it looked like a reputable company. The owner came out and met me and the animals and everything looked good, she had references, recommendation letters, etc. But she did everything wrong. She left my water on, the gates open and the cages unlocked. I lost three little chicks and my goats were let out and ate all my vegetable seedlings, and left poop all over the decks and porches. They made a mess of the barn, and they could have eaten stuff that would kill them. They didn't, but they could have. The neighbors told me they only saw her feeding the animals once, and they went over and fed and watered them when they saw they didn't have anything to eat or water to drink. Their water container was filled with slime and algae when I got home. I read the contract and it says that they have insurance that covers property damage and pet loss, but by signing the contract, I agree not to ask them to pay for loss and damages or sue them. I gave them my credit card number, so there is no way I can withold payment. Does anyone have any ideas? Better Business Bureau? Help!
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Khanamura

Re: Petsitting Problem

First of all, you should have read over the "TERMS & AGREEMENTS" before you signed it. In fact, you should ALWAYS read over terms and agreements before you sign ANY contract with ANY company or service. Since the agreement stated that they are not to be held responsible if there are any loss or damages, you said it also stated that they have insurance coverage against property damage and pet lost. THEREFOR there is a way to get around this. And if you can't figure it out, then my only suggestion is, GET A LAWYER! Most lawyers have free consultations. I'm majoring in criminal justice myself, so just to let you know, even if you get a free consultation from a lawyer who specializes in cases like this, sometimes advice can save you THOUSANDS of dollars.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Dark Shadows: View Post
    I recently used a pet sitting service that advertises on the Internet and has locations across the nation. The service I received was really bad. I don't quite know how to handle the situation. The rate I was charged was competitive with other pet sitting services and I thought that it looked like a reputable company. The owner came out and met me and the animals and everything looked good, she had references, recommendation letters, etc. But she did everything wrong. She left my water on, the gates open and the cages unlocked. I lost three little chicks and my goats were let out and ate all my vegetable seedlings, and left poop all over the decks and porches. They made a mess of the barn, and they could have eaten stuff that would kill them. They didn't, but they could have. The neighbors told me they only saw her feeding the animals once, and they went over and fed and watered them when they saw they didn't have anything to eat or water to drink. Their water container was filled with slime and algae when I got home. I read the contract and it says that they have insurance that covers property damage and pet loss, but by signing the contract, I agree not to ask them to pay for loss and damages or sue them. I gave them my credit card number, so there is no way I can withold payment. Does anyone have any ideas? Better Business Bureau? Help!

3. TopTop #3
    Elles

Re: Petsitting Problem

Don't assume that you can't receive help through the credit card company.