Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    "Mad" Miles

New Year's Eve Road Conditions in Forestville

Hey Waccies,

Does anyone with extensive experience with Russian River flooding know about the stretch of River Road between Champs de Elysses and Mirabel? I live on "Shawmps" and want to go to the Fo'ville Club for Stiff Dead Cat tonight.

(They're delayed, by the way, but they expect to be there by 9:30 - 10:00 p.m. which means they won't be playing until 10:30 or later. Something about their bass player being stuck in Caz and needing to find a replacement.)

The water was just up next to River Road on that stretch today around 2:00 p.m., and the river is supposed to crest in Guerneville between midnight and 2-4 a.m., so what are the odds I'll be able to leave out to "central" Forestville and not be able to come back home at 12:30 a.m. or so?

What I do know from my upstairs neighbor / landlady is that when Burke's Canoes campground floods, we're trapped till the waters recede. OK, I can deal with that, I'm stocked up for a couple or three days and the power's still on!! I just want to know if I'm trapped yet, or not?

And don't tell me to stay home, it's not that much of a biggie, I can always decamp to my dad/brother's place in Sebastopol if River Road is impassable. I'm a "threll seeka!"

Also fuhgedabout the CHP dispatch line (551-4100), Caltrans road condition line (800-427-7623) and the Sonoma County Emergency Services Information line (565-3856) all they can tell me is what I already know, traffic is forbidden at Mirabel and River Road going west on River Road (also Mirabel and 116 going towards G'ville on 116).

What they can't tell me is if River Road is flooded yet between Martinelli and Mirabel, and if it isn't, do they expect it to be in the next three to five hours?

So, if anyone sitting by their computer can see if the water has topped the pavement, let me know! (We're talking the stretch west of Mirabel, east of Champs, where Argonne connects.)

And if you're as stir crazy and ready to Boogie as I am, and can make it without breaking it, or getting your tootsies damp and chilly, see you at the Forestville Club for a flood-frenzied New Year 2006 party!

Happy Happy, Joy Joy!

May 2006 not suck as much as 2004-2005!!

(Although personally it wasn't that bad, I've started my new career. But there's a contrived war on and our "leader" blatantly claims that he can ignore the Constitution as long as it's for National Security. Shades of 1932 Berlin!)

"Mad" Miles

:eek: :barfonu::sleep:

(Where's the "After the Flood" emoticon? Or, "Aprez Nous, Le Deluge"?)
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    "Mad" Miles

Re: New Year's Eve Road Conditions in Forestville

While it is probably unconscionably narcissistic and arrogant to reply to myself, I thought I'd report in. There is a large puddle at the base of Champs just before the little rise to the intersection with River Road. It appeared slightly deeper at 1:20 a.m. than it did at 9:45 p.m. but it's drivable. Both lanes of River Road have shallow water on them just before Mirabel when driving east. Other than that, no worries! SDC rocked F'ville Club, although attendance was light (more room on the dance floor!). Those of us who made it are definitely HARD! Hah!

Actually I met two people today whose places are flooded, one was a cashier at Speers and the other had been up for thirty-six hours. It's not all beer and boogieing for everyone in the West County.

G'Nite,

"M" M

:sleep:
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email