Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Thread: Texas First
  • Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    MsTerry

Texas First

Guns for Texas school's teachers
    Teachers in one part of the US state of Texas are to be allowed to carry concealed firearms when the new school term opens this month.
    The school superintendent in Harrold district said the move was intended to protect staff and pupils should there be any gun attacks on its sole campus.
    Teachers would have to undertake crisis management training first, the superintendent, David Thweatt, said.
    In recent years the US has seen a number of fatal school shootings.
    Trustees had approved the policy and parents had not objected, Mr Thweatt said.
    "When the federal government started making schools gun-free zones, that's when all of these shootings started," he wrote on the Fort Worth Star-Telegram's web site.
    Mr Thweatt said he believed the school's proximity to a large, busy motorway could make it a target.
    "If something were to happen here, I'd much rather be calling a parent to tell them that their child is OK because we were able to protect them," Mr Thweatt said.
    Texas outlaws the presence of firearms at schools unless individual institutions allow them.

Story from BBC NEWS:
    https://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/...as/7564654.stm

Published: 2008/08/16 01:06:40 GMT
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Lenny

Re: Texas First

I am clear that if I EVER went to Texas I'd get hanged at the airport! ALL the Texicans I EVER knew where truly certifiable, and a couple of them I had the greatest respect and admiration. It truly is another country.
    It makes sense to me, not to a tight panted Brit, and I will bet next months pay that another bad guy does not shoot up anything around the schools down there.
    I have lived where guns were an active and constant way of life and I swear the level of courtesy and respect, even chivalry, goes SO much farther when everybody is toting. I was amazed.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email