Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Braggi

Amazing Live Music Recording

I'm listening to a Jethro Tull album right now called : A Little Light Music.

I'm a big fan of Jethro Tull and have seen them in concert many times. I know what they sound like and I know how it feels to sit in the audience. I've heard a lot of music recorded at live rock concerts but I've never heard any that really sounded like you were there. Right now it sounds to me like I have Jethro Tull in my living room. It's quite amazing. What a great recording!

Now if I only had a recording of the Moody Blues from the early '70s that sounded this good!

Do any of you have any recordings of favorite bands performing live you'd like to share here? Hold back on posting recordings of solo artists since they so often sound good unless you really feel the urge to share. Also, no offense, but I do realize all Grateful Dead recordings sound fantastic (if you've taken enough acid), so please resist posting your 31 favorite live Dead recordings.

Thanks,

-Jeff
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    CrystalWizard

Re: Amazing Live Music Recording

Now if I only had a recording of the Moody Blues from the early '70s that sounded this good!

Do any of you have any recordings of favorite bands performing live you'd like to share here? Hold back on posting recordings of solo artists since they so often sound good unless you really feel the urge to share. Also, no offense, but I do realize all Grateful Dead recordings sound fantastic (if you've taken enough acid), so please resist posting your 31 favorite live Dead recordings.

the reason Grateful Dead recordings sound so good has little to do with acid. it's because the Grateful Dead pioneered cutting edge technology in live music production and sound reinforcement. they spent an incredible amount of money on equipment and often worked diredtly with the engineers who designed it. that coupled with their fans who did the same for live recording makes for the extremely high quality of most ot the live recordings of Grateful Dead music. for those who are interested in music technology i suggest the book "Grateful Dead Gear" by Blair Jackson.

as for other good recordings i would say scour the internet for live music traders, there's a lot of good stuff out there, although the recordings can only be as good sounding as the shows were.

good luck,
    crystal

3. TopTop #3
    Tars

Led Zeppelin Live on the English radio show, "Rock Hour". Recorded in 1969.
    Cudos to the AlienOnAcid.

Rapidshare Link (requires a .ZIP expanding utility)

4. TopTop #4
    mykil
    A Really Cute Guy

Moody Blues Ehh?

How about The S&M concert in Berkeley. I was there, and it was amazing! Was the first time I ever heard the San Francisco Symphony live! I was amazed!!!
    Last edited by mykil; 08-18-2008 at 10:55 AM.

5. TopTop #5
    Tars

Rage Against The Machine live at the Lolapalooza Festival, Grant Park, Chicago, Il, August 2, 2008

Track List:

Testify
    Bulls On Parade
    People of the Sun
    Bombtack
    Know Your Enemy
    Bullet In The Head
    Born Of A Broken Man
    Guerilla Radio
    Ashes In The Fall
    Calm Like A Bomb
    Sleep Now In The Fire