Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    lynnemitch2

Beware ATT wireless to Cingular customers

I just got hit with a huge bill from Cingular wireless - apparently my contract ended on July 4th and they began from that date on to charge me 40 cents a minute for every call I made. I was never notified my contract ended nor was I ever offered a new contract. When I called to get an explanation they simply told me the equivalent of "too bad." The SF Chronicle apparently did an article on similar dealings with x-ATT customers and Cingular so watch out! I switched to Sprint for more minutes at less cost. If anyone else has a similar experience please let me know. I still have another bill coming that could be even a bigger shocker. I will complain to the FCC but would appreciate any other suggestions. Thanks.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Barb

Re: Beware ATT wireless to Cingular customers

Quote Posted in reply to the post by lynnemitch2:
    I just got hit with a huge bill from Cingular wireless - apparently my contract ended on July 4th and they began from that date on to charge me 40 cents a minute for every call I made. I was never notified my contract ended nor was I ever offered a new contract. When I called to get an explanation they simply told me the equivalent of "too bad." The SF Chronicle apparently did an article on similar dealings with x-ATT customers and Cingular so watch out! I switched to Sprint for more minutes at less cost. If anyone else has a similar experience please let me know. I still have another bill coming that could be even a bigger shocker. I will complain to the FCC but would appreciate any other suggestions. Thanks.
    Oh heck ya! Three phones, 280 bucks two months in a row! They said they sent us notification last Nov. NOT that we received, the bill has steadily been rising since the switch from ATT. Hours spent on the phone with them, bottom line, we lose. Not one penny refunded for any excuse I could come up with. In the end, (we are still under contract with ATT, which puts us under contract with Cingular) three new camera phones, 1000 minutes per, roll over minutes, free roaming anywhere in the country, free cingular mobile minutes and weekends and after 9 free minutes. We'll see what this next bill looks like. What a rip off that ordeal was. I'd like to see that article to see if there's any recourse.

3. TopTop #3
    Leelash

Re: Beware ATT wireless to Cingular customers

Quote Posted in reply to the post by lynnemitch2:
    Hi,

Thanks for the heads up about this as I am a current Cingular customer (formerly AT&T Wireless).

Just wanted to let you know that I have complained to the FCC in the past about AT&T (NOT Wireless, but the phone company) and I actually won and got reimbursed ! Just follow the FCC's filing directions. It's best if you have the dates and the names of all the people you spoke to at Cingular in your written complaint to the FCC. It was a real lesson in speaking up for my rights.

Good Luck.