Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    decterlove

Anybody have a recipe for Herbal Eyewash?

I am one of the fortunate ones who doesn't have respiratory or sinus problems with all this dust, smoke and pollen in Sonoma County but one thing I have noticed in the last few years is the increasing tendency towards burning eyes and retinal hallucinations.

Anybody got a favorite recipe for herbal eyewash? I know golden seal and eyebright can be used and that you can use just a simple brandy glass instead of spending 6 bucks for a fancy eye cup but I figured I'd just put it out to the Wacco community and see if anyone else has tips or ideas.

Cow bellow! Decterlove

ps.......I leave one of my fave herb tips with all....a teaspoon of turmeric a day for all inflammatory conditions esp joint soreness, etc.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    nurturetruth
    Co-observing

Re: Anybody have a recipe for Herbal Eyewash?

most who know me are aware, I have dealt with eye issues on and off for quite some time now. incidentally, I too use the brandy glass method which works just fine.

I use the Rue/Fennel tincture compound made by Herb Pharm.

It has the eyebright and goldseal in it, but other ingredients are: Mullein, and Boric Acid.

Also a homeopathic product now found in the drugs stores : PrimaVu
    Fennel/eyebright/yellow sweet clover

Also..interchanging a warmed up warm/hot washcloth with a cold pack.

Hope this helps!

P.S.

I also hear a glass of wine a day is good for the eyes

and i am always up for a good vision quest!'

Quote Posted in reply to the post by decterlove: View Post
    I am one of the fortunate ones who doesn't have respiratory or sinus problems with all this dust, smoke and pollen in Sonoma County but one thing I have noticed in the last few years is the increasing tendency towards burning eyes and retinal hallucinations.

Anybody got a favorite recipe for herbal eyewash? I know golden seal and eyebright can be used and that you can use just a simple brandy glass instead of spending 6 bucks for a fancy eye cup but I figured I'd just put it out to the Wacco community and see if anyone else has tips or ideas.

Cow bellow! Decterlove

ps.......I leave one of my fave herb tips with all....a teaspoon of turmeric a day for all inflammatory conditions esp joint soreness, etc.

3. TopTop #3
    Suzanne

Hi..I can highly recommend Dr. Christopher's eyewash, which is now promoted and sold by Dr. Richard Schulz. It's an eyebright formula with cayenne tincture. You start out mixing a drop in an eyeglass full of distilled water. Then you gradually increase the drops.

The benefit of the eyeglass (3 or 4 bucks at Oliver's health and beauty) is I hold my eyewash and do my eye exercises so the eyewash gets all over my eye.

This formula is documented as getting rid of cataracts etc. I can tell you that it cleans the junk off our eyes and after about 4 days my vision and clarity were incredibly improved. It really cleans junk off and ofcourse brings fresh blood to the eyes.

It's all organic and available at www.herbdoc.com
    Cheers!
    Suzanne

PS: I buy fresh organic turmeric at Laguna Farm and juice it every morning. It totally works for inflamation and tastes good too. It is used for eye health in the middle east.

4. TopTop #4
    decterlove

Well....haven't gotten around to doing much excepting rinsing my eyes with turmeric tea in the shower (turmeric STAINS the heck out of any fabricy thing it touches~~~~instantly and permanently~~~so be cautious with it in that respect--------but anyway here's a cut and paste of the actual Dr. Christopher formula.....hope it's okay to post this..........

cayenne tho? in the eye? Holy Hot Retinal Relief, Robin!!!!

oh....here's the google link
    https://www.herbsfirst.com/descripti...eyebright.html

Herbal Eyebright Formula contains:
    Capsules: Bayberry Bark, Eyebright Herb, Golden Seal Root, Red Raspberry Leaves and Cayenne Pepper in a pure 100% vegetable based capsule.
    Extract: Bayberry Bark, Eyebright Herb, Golden Seal Root, Red Raspberry Leaves and Cayenne Pepper in a base of 36-42% pure grain alcohol.
    This formula had been used historically for eye disorders such as: cataracts, glaucoma, macular degeneration, retinopathy and night blindness. In addition, this formula has been used to help promote the general health of the eyes.
    Bayberry bark contains astringent compounds that reduce the secretion of fluids, reduce pain and shrink inflamed tissues.
    Golden seal root is an excellent herbal source of trace minerals, which include: cobalt, iron, magnesium, manganese, silicon and zinc. It is also an excellent herbal source of vitamin C.
    Eyebright herb also contains astringent compounds that shrink inflamed tissues. It consists of bitter compounds that relieve pain, are antiseptic and soothe inflamed mucous membranes. This herb is also an excellent herbal source of B-1, B-2, niacin, calcium, cobalt, magnesium, manganese and zinc.
    Red Raspberry leaves consists of astringent compounds that help to relieve pain and shrink inflamed tissues. This herb is also a great herbal source of manganese.
    Cayenne is widely used in Dr. Christopher’s original Formulas as a catalyst herb. Its stimulant effects speed the circulation causing it to enhance digestion and absorption and thus the effectiveness of nearly any Dr. Christopher original Formula.
    Herbal Product Directions: As a dietary supplement take 2 capsules 3 times a day or as directed by your health care professional. Store in a cool, dry place.
    Ailments historically treated: Black Eye, Blepharitis, Blindness (Night), Cataracts, Conjunctivitis, Eye Health (General), Glaucoma, Macular Degeneration, Retinopathy, Sty.
    Available in capsules and extract.
    To use the extract:
    Boil distilled water and then fill glass eye cup with the hot boiled distilled water. Start with adding one drop of Eyebright formula and work up to between three to five drops of extract. Let cool. There will be a burning sensation when using the eyewash at first. This is due to the stimulating effect of the cayenne pepper and will do nothing but good to the eyes. Tip head back and apply the eye cup to eye. Exercise eye while doing this as though you were swimming under water. Do this three to six times a day and take two capsules or a cup of the tea, morning and evening. Use separate solutions for each eye.
    Herbal Treatment Warning: Temporary burning feeling is normal.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Suzanne: View Post
    Hi..I can highly recommend Dr. Christopher's eyewash, which is now promoted and sold by Dr. Richard Schulz. It's an eyebright formula with cayenne tincture.

5. TopTop #5
    hales

Hi, Decter,
    I just read another naturopathic doctor's version of doctor Christopher's recipe, on a yahoo discussion group called "Herbal Remedies"..

You can see Doctor Ian Shillington's group at:
    https://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Herbal_Remedies/

He uses the same ingredients, with one part of each herb, except the cayenne.. one eighth part of cayenne. (in a base of 50% water and 50% alcohol, ie: 100 proof. His recipe also has a cup of DMSO per gallon of the formula.. which might make it a lot more effective, but anyone should do research on DMSO, before using it, as it is a powerful solvent. For instance, never use it from a plastic bottle or allow it to come in contact with anything that you don't want carried into your body.

(I'd avoid using ingredients in that you felt unsure of.)

(If you join this discussion group, he has a lot of recipes in the file section. I think they are directly adapted from Dr. Christopher's recipes, as are Dr. Schulz's) BTW, I think I read that Dr. C used to sniff cayenne directly into his sinuses, and put it directly into his eyes, he was that gung-ho about it.. I think cayenne also helped him recover from some really serious health problems. ) Dr. Shillington used to have a lively discussion group, but last time I looked he was just posting his replies to questions, not the actual discussions. Still a good resource, as you can search the files and posts for answers to health questions about certain problems or use of various herbs.