Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    sharingwisdom

Bloodlines...very interesting

Bloodlines
    George Bush is a 13th cousin twice-removed from Queen Elizabeth II of England. https://www.genealogyspot.com/know/president.htm

Hillary Rodham Clinton and Barbara Pierce Bush (Dubya's Mom), are both 8th Great Granddaughters of Robert Lovering, born 06 Sept 1620 in Boston, Massachusetts. Robert Lovering is the 4th Great Grandson of Margaret De Clare, who was born 1281 in Thomond, Connaught, Clare, Ireland. Margaret De Clare is also the 8th Great Grandmother of Queen Elizabeth II. Margaret De Clare is a direct originator of a bloodline that includes Hillary Rodham Clinton, George W. Bush, and Queen Elizabeth II. https://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread328237/pg1

Mr. Bush is a direct descendant of King Henry VII, of one of Charles II's mistresses and of Henry VIII's younger sister, Mary, who married King Louis XII of France. https://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.htmlres=940DEFD91438F936A35754C0A96E948260

According to Burke's, which has traced the genealogy of American Presidential families for years, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson and John Quincy Adams were all related to Edward I. In the 20th century, Theodore Roosevelt and Franklin D. Roosevelt were descended from Dutch nobility. Jimmy Carter has kinship ties to noble Scottish and English families, while President Reagan is a direct descendant of the 11th-century High King of Ireland, Brian Boru.

King Edward III (1312-1377) descendant Franklin Milhous married and had Hannah Milhous who married Francis 'Frank' Anthony Nixon who had RICHARD Milhous NIXON
    https://www.middleeast.org/forum/fb-public/1/227.shtml

--
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Zeno Swijtink

Re: Bloodlines...very interesting

This makes me repost my puzzle of way back, which was never satisfactorily solved:

Everybody has two parents, a father and a mother, if they were around or not.

Similarly, you have four grandparents, two males, two females.

So it seems that you stand on top of a pyramid, where every layer has twice as many males and twice as many females as the next one higher up, ending up with YOU. You seem to have as many female ancestors as male ancestors.

This happens to be wrong: you have less male ancestors then female ancestors.

How can that be??

3. TopTop #3
    Sylph

Zeno, I don't know the answer, but I want to find out! Is it because men have several wives and children with each, due to frequent death of women in childbirth in the old days, but fewer women have families with more than one husband?

I discovered I work with a woman who is my 6th cousin. The common ancestor goes back to the early 1700's. You know, if we all knew our genealogy like the royalty and blue-bloods do, we would find out that we have cousins all around us. It just happened that our respective families were all genealogy nerds and there was a book that proved the connection.

4. TopTop #4
    Zeno Swijtink

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Sylph: View Post
    You know, if we all knew our genealogy like the royalty and blue-bloods do, we would find out that we have cousins all around us.
    Absolutely! And you can add to that perspective by looking into the future. If you meet someone seemingly unrelated, at a party, or on a plane, or in a car crash even, it is likely that that person and you will have common off-spring: your great-great-great-...-great-grandchild and the great-great-great-...-great-grandchild of this stranger may have children together!!
    Last edited by Zeno Swijtink; 07-07-2008 at 08:32 PM. Reason: stringer, don't know what got into me!!

5. TopTop #5
    Sylph

Really we are all cousins already, since we all descend from our ggggggg+++-grandmother, the mitochondrial Eve. Later, 'only' about 70,000 years ago, we as a species almost perished, as we were down to about 2,000 individuals due to a drought in Africa. Be nice if we could all feel more like the 'cousins' that we are and stop killing each other!
    https://www.smh.com.au/news/national...743202829.html

6. TopTop #6
    alanora

We are all in this thing together, inextricably a part of the whole. Everybody is someone's baby, and deserving of the same care you give your own dear one's. We are literally and figuratively one. I find that reminding myself of this truth is helpful regarding feeling peaceful and having peace of mind. If genaeology produces more separatist ideas than unity...like loyalty to country and people of own ancestry rather than an increasing feel for the unity of humanity, it would be less than a positive use of creative force, imho. Mindy

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Sylph: View Post
    Really we are all cousins already, since we all descend from our ggggggg+++-grandmother, the mitochondrial Eve. Later, 'only' about 70,000 years ago, we as a species almost perished, as we were down to about 2,000 individuals due to a drought in Africa. Be nice if we could all feel more like the 'cousins' that we are and stop killing each other!
    https://www.smh.com.au/news/national...743202829.html

7. TopTop #7
    Sylph

[quote=alanora;63689]We are all in this thing together, inextricably a part of the whole.
    Quote Everybody is someone's baby, and deserving of the same care you give your own dear one's. We are literally and figuratively one

I totally agree, we are one tribe. The differences in cultures and body types just make things interesting. In my experience, genealogy makes one aware of how interconnected we all are. I have ancestors in Ireland, Scotland, Germany and England. I have 'family' in those places and wherever they immigrated. What was my gggrandmother experiencing when she had to leave all her family and cross the seas by herself with a baby? These questions lead you to research history to try to understand the context.

On the other hand, if one was inclined to be a snob, one could focus on one's "royal heritage" and try to feel superior! That would just be silly!

8. TopTop #8
    MsTerry

Zeno
    Are you asking for an answer or do you know the answer?
    enter at your own risk;
    https://tierneylab.blogs.nytimes.com...r-family-tree/

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Zeno Swijtink: View Post
    This makes me repost my puzzle of way back, which was never satisfactorily solved:

Everybody has two parents, a father and a mother, if they were around or not.

Similarly, you have four grandparents, two males, two females.

So it seems that you stand on top of a pyramid, where every layer has twice as many males and twice as many females as the next one higher up, ending up with YOU. You seem to have as many female ancestors as male ancestors.

This happens to be wrong: you have less male ancestors then female ancestors.

How can that be??

9. TopTop #9
    Lenny

> "I totally agree, we are one tribe. The differences in cultures and body types just make things interesting. In my experience, genealogy makes one aware of how interconnected we all are. I have ancestors in Ireland, Scotland, Germany and England. I have 'family' in those places and wherever they immigrated. What was my gggrandmother experiencing when she had to leave all her family and cross the seas by herself with a baby? These questions lead you to research history to try to understand the context. On the other hand, if one was inclined to be a snob, one could focus on one's "royal heritage" and try to feel superior! That would just be silly! "

Oh, God you all are at it AGAIN!
    So the upshot is that the Celts have been running this country since....well, since it was before a country. Thanks! I needed that reminder......And when Obama becomes Pres, then someone will trace his stuff back to the same old, same ol'.
    Save us from ourselves!

10. TopTop #10
    Sylph

Just for you, Lenny:
    Two curious political relationships of Senator Barack Obama came to light last month in The Chicago Sun-Times: he is an 11th cousin to President Bush, and a 9th cousin once removed to Vice President Dick Cheney. The Bush-Obama ancestors are Samuel and Sarah Soole Hinckley of 17th-century Massachusetts, The Sun-Times wrote; the Cheney-Obama ancestors are Mareen and Susannah Duvall, 17th-century immigrants from France.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/21/w...html?_r=1&oref=

More of those pesky Celts?