Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Can't deliver email to users with Yahoo email addresses

The digest did not go out last night (Thursday). I'm not sure what the problem is. I hope to get it working again tonight and I'll set it to include yesterday's posts as well.

In addition, members with email addresses at Yahoo.com are not receiving the digest because they are blocking it as spam. I am also working on this, though that may take longer to solve. In the meantime I suggest using the WaccoBB.net website or using/creating a non-Yahoo email address. Be sure to register your new email address with us here: https://www.waccobb.net/forums/profi...o=editpassword.

All this is coming at a difficult time for me as I am still recovering from my second disk crash of the year (on my personal machine, not the WaccoBB.net server) which as prompted me to switch to a Mac! So I'm a born-again cyber-virgin/newbie!

Barry
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Re: Digest Problems

OK, I've got the digest fixed and I'll be working on the Yahoo problem next week. Tonight's digest will include messages going back to Thursday!

Whew,
    Barry
    Quote Posted in reply to the post by Barry: View Post
    The digest did not go out last night (Thursday). I'm not sure what the problem is. I hope to get it working again tonight and I'll set it to include yesterday's posts as well.

In addition, members with email addresses at Yahoo.com are not receiving the digest because they are blocking it as spam. I am also working on this, though that may take longer to solve. In the meantime I suggest using the WaccoBB.net website or using/creating a non-Yahoo email address. Be sure to register your new email address with us here: https://www.waccobb.net/forums/profi...o=editpassword.

All this is coming at a difficult time for me as I am still recovering from my second disk crash of the year (on my personal machine, not the WaccoBB.net server) which as prompted me to switch to a Mac! So I'm a born-again cyber-virgin/newbie!

Barry

3. TopTop #3
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Re: Can't deliver email to users with Yahoo email addresses

I'm sorry to say that we still haven't solved the problem of Yahoo blocking all email from WaccoBB.net to people with Yahoo email addresses. Unfortunately this affects private replies as well as the digest. And this happens before the email even reaches your spam filter, so whitelisting WaccoBB.net will not help.

My programmer and I have been working on this for days... Several approaches haven't worked so far. There are still things to try, including getting our own server (we're on a shared server now) and picketing Yahoo!'s offices.

Be assured that this is my top priority and we are doing everything we can to solve this. If anybody out there has technical experience with similar issues please reply privately.

In the meantime, if you are posting something and you have a Yahoo email address be sure to include an alternate way of contact (ie phone) if you want to be able to receive replies.

T... members with email addresses at Yahoo.com are not receiving the digest because they are blocking it as spam. I am also working on this, though that may take longer to solve. In the meantime I suggest using the WaccoBB.net website or using/creating a non-Yahoo email address. Be sure to register your new email address with us here: https://www.waccobb.net/forums/profi...o=editpassword. ...
    Last edited by Barry; 08-03-2008 at 03:28 PM.

4. TopTop #4
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Hi Everybody,

I believe we have fixed the Yahoo problem!

If you use a Yahoo email address and you notice this post in your digest or as an individual email, please let me know you got this.

On the other hand, if you notice this post on the website and you didn't get your digest, please let me know as well.

In order to prevent this from happening again, we're going to need to make the digest smaller for most people. The current plan is to just send out the table of contents and featured posts in the digest, but not include the posts themselves. The table of contents thread link will take you to the thread on the website positioned on the first new post on that thread for that day. We'll also make the digest available on the website, possibly broken up by category or sets of categories. I'll be posting more details soon.

Thanks for your patience!
    Barry

I'm sorry to say that we still haven't solved the problem of Yahoo blocking all email from WaccoBB.net to people with Yahoo email addresses. Unfortunately this affects private replies as well as the digest. And this happens before the email even reaches your spam filter, so whitelisting WaccoBB.net will not help.

My programmer and I have been working on this for days... Several approaches haven't worked so far. There are still things to try, including getting our own server (we're on a shared server now) and picketing Yahoo!'s offices.

Be assured that this is my top priority and we are doing everything we can to solve this. If anybody out there has technical experience with similar issues please reply privately.

In the meantime, if you are posting something and you have a Yahoo email address be sure to include an alternate way of contact (ie phone) if you want to be able to receive replies.

5. TopTop #5
    raines

this may help Gmail readers too

In order to prevent this from happening again, we're going to need to make the digest smaller for most people.
    I noticed that the digest was consistently too big to read "inline", so the table of contents links to articles didn't work until I scrolled to the bottom and clicked "show entire message"

If the links went straight to a web-based digest, that would take care of that problem (but I would have to be online to read the articles).

Good luck! Getting anything delivered these days is a real challenge.

6. TopTop #6
    Sara S
    Auntie Wacco

Wait, what? Do you mean that people will have to go to the website, and maybe then sift through all the threads to (maybe) find the contents of that day's digest? This doesn't seem to me to be helpful; what about people with dial-up, for whom things like going to the site, and sifting through the contents, are sloooow? The Luddite consensus is that Yahoo people should change their mail address instead!

Hi Everybody,

I believe we have fixed the Yahoo problem!

If you use a Yahoo email address and you notice this post in your digest or as an individual email, please let me know you got this.

On the other hand, if you notice this post on the website and you didn't get your digest, please let me know as well.

In order to prevent this from happening again, we're going to need to make the digest smaller for most people. The current plan is to just send out the table of contents and featured posts in the digest, but not include the posts themselves. The table of contents thread link will take you to the thread on the website positioned on the first new post on that thread for that day. We'll also make the digest available on the website, possibly broken up by category or sets of categories. I'll be posting more details soon.

Thanks for your patience!
    Barry