Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    decterlove

Success Stories? Law of Attraction/Manifestation

I just hate to bring up such a controversial subject after all the effluence and contradictory divergence from last year's "The Secret" has all but died down and been totally forgotten about but....

being the controversial and divergent type of personality I am.....

and....

needing to psyche myself up to find a new and hopefully IMPROVED living space for my skinny butt and all my slithery friends by July 15th...

and considering all the GLOOM AND DOOM 2008 came in with....

I just thought it might be nice to hear some other peoples....

SUCCESS STORIES! HAPPY FACE STUFF!!! about what little things or big things you have "manifested" (or worked really HARD for...) recently in your life..

Please no debate....no controversy....start another thread if you want to argue about it all over again....anyone who wants to see what was said last summer just search "secret" .......just share some tales.....or tails if you have them...

CHEERS! ps....I'll start with one and a nod to Community Bikes where I spent my afternoon and successfully replaced my front derailer with the expert advice of Michael and Jon and all the nice little tools they had handy at every corner of the shop! It was easy, fun, I learned a lot and I got back on the road again! Thanks Michael and John! Will contact Portia about doing a free snake show for your next fundraiser!
    Last edited by decterlove; 06-22-2008 at 10:23 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    hales

Re: Success Stories? Law of Attraction/Manifestation

Hey, Decter,
    I haven't read the Secret.. but it's mostly recycled "wisdom" as far as I can tell.. your past thoughts, visions + feelings equal your current life. Your current thoughts, visions and feelings become your future. It's really pretty widely agreed upon.. : ) My track record has been good as far as sub-market, cool little cottages, and sometimes even really nice set-ups.
    It's just that the town I live in has changed and I'm getting clearer on what I enjoy and want and the Sonoma scene has really gotten too materialistic and stuffy to fit my needs, well.

What has worked is to get clear on what I want, to visualize myself in the kind of place I want and need.. then to do the foot work, but let go and let the universe provide. (sometimes better than I can imagine..)

>needing to psyche myself up to find a new and hopefully IMPROVED living space for my skinny butt and all my slithery friends by July 15th...

Sounds like it's your big opportunity to move to some place you like better than Boyes Hot Springs.. remember a while ago you were talking about how you didn't enjoy it? I wish you lots of good mojo for finding a new living situation that you love and that suits you (and your slithery friends) much better than you can currently imagine.. : )

Scott. (fellow grumpy Boyes Hot Springs resident.. )

(PS, how about moving to Sebastopol or Petaluma? That's what I am considering.. )

Decter wrote: I just hate to bring up such a controversial subject after all the effluence and contradictory divergence from last year's "The Secret" has all but died down and been totally forgotten about but....

being the controversial and divergent type of personality I am.....

and....

needing to psyche myself up to find a new and hopefully IMPROVED living space for my skinny butt and all my slithery friends by July 15th...

and considering all the GLOOM AND DOOM 2008 came in with....

I just thought it might be nice to hear some other peoples....

SUCCESS STORIES! HAPPY FACE STUFF!!! about what little things or big things you have "manifested" (or worked really HARD for...) recently in your life..

Please no debate....no controversy....start another thread if you want to argue about it all over again....anyone who wants to see what was said last summer just search "secret" .......just share some tales.....or tails if you have them...

CHEERS! ps....I'll start with one and a nod to Community Bikes where I spent my afternoon and successfully replaced my front derailer with the expert advice of Michael and Jon and all the nice little tools they had handy at every corner of the shop! It was easy, fun, I learned a lot and I got back on the road again! Thanks Michael and John! Will contact Portia about doing a free snake show for your next fundraiser![/quote]

3. TopTop #3
    decterlove

Re: Success Stories? Law of Attraction/Manifestation

Thanks Scott....didn't bother to actually read the Secret myself either...it is just mostly rehashed LOA stuff....thinking about Petaluma but I'm actually a bit burned out on Petaluma after 6 or 7 years of spending a lot of time. And it's lost a great deal of texture and character in the past 5 years too.

The trick with Manifesting is to include all the details and the general feel of what you want and believe you deserve it. I remember about 10 years ago I manifested a pretty nice place in Santa Venetia, sunny, wood floors, etc but it wound up feeling awful to live in....

The Springs may eventually experience a bit of a micro-renaissance but downtown Slotown is just so boring and staid in it's ways....one exception....hanging outside of Whole Foods...probably the nicest WF in the North Bay to sit outside, watch people and drink tea.
    Sebastopol is a possibility too....thanks for the note!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by hales: View Post
    Hey, Decter,
    I haven't read the Secret..
    [/quote]
    Last edited by decterlove; 06-24-2008 at 09:31 AM.