Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Thread: Google?
  • Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    josan48

Google?

Dear Ones,
    I sent a note to Barry but this is actually my first post. I believe I spotted information about Google wanting to buy or actually purchasing Wacco? I am a recent neubie to Sebastopol from Bay area.... Please let me know...
    Thank you...I am grateful for the connection and the community here.
    Over and out...for now...
    Jo Sanders ([email protected])
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Re: Google?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by josan48: View Post
    Dear Ones,
    I sent a note to Barry but this is actually my first post. I believe I spotted information about Google wanting to buy or actually purchasing Wacco? I am a recent neubie to Sebastopol from Bay area.... Please let me know...
    Thank you...I am grateful for the connection and the community here.
    Over and out...for now...
    Jo Sanders ([email protected])
    You can see the announcement here: https://www.waccobb.net/forums/showthread.php?t=34121

3. TopTop #3
    mykil
    A Really Cute Guy

Yes and I also heard they are buying Ebay and Craigslist and PAYPAL to round out their little empire! Wit the bigger better greener WACCOBB they can control the universe!!!! The sky is the limit and we will once again all be drones! Don’t let this happen, if Barry wants to be a sell out to the fascist outer limits of our sweet little society we should all revolt and ask him to PLEASSSSSEEEEEEEE leave it to LULU!!!!!

4. TopTop #4
    handy

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Barry: View Post
    Congratulations, Barry! Your individual intellect, integrity and productive action is making you a rich man beyond the wealth of love and appreciation you've garnered among this community.

I hope you are libertarian enough to find ways to keep most of it, rather than give it up to support any more of the kind of government we currently have.

Enjoy...

5. TopTop #5
    Valley Oak

Barry, if Google offers you 10 million dollars, take the money and run, bud.

You can always do a new BB later on or try a new, nifty idea (if you want to) but with a chunk of change that you didn't have before. Think about it, because the community would be better off in the long run, if you're thinking along those lines. Either way, just take the money and run. The rest is bullshit.

Edward

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Barry: View Post

6. TopTop #6
    sd gross

Dear Folks,

Here it is, almost two months after my little April Fool's Day ploy, and folks are still taking it (semi-) seriously and seeing fit to comment on it! I can't begin to tell you how flattered I am - and how hysterical it is that po' Barry is being criticized for allowing himself to be reeled in by the Corporate Octopus. All I can say is God Bless Wacco!!
    luv
    stephen

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Valley Oak: View Post
    Barry, if Google offers you 10 million dollars, take the money and run, bud.

You can always do a new BB later on or try a new, nifty idea (if you want to) but with a chunk of change that you didn't have before. Think about it, because the community would be better off in the long run, if you're thinking along those lines. Either way, just take the money and run. The rest is bullshit.

Edward

7. TopTop #7
    mykil
    A Really Cute Guy

Ohhhhhh I was hoping you would even take it further!!!! LMAO!!!!!

8. TopTop #8
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Quote Posted in reply to the post by sd gross: View Post
    Dear Folks,

Here it is, almost two months after my little April Fool's Day ploy, and folks are still taking it (semi-) seriously and seeing fit to comment on it! I can't begin to tell you how flattered I am - and how hysterical it is that po' Barry is being criticized for allowing himself to be reeled in by the Corporate Octopus. All I can say is God Bless Wacco!!
    luv
    stephen

You mean it wasn't for real??? Damn!

9. TopTop #9
    MsTerry

LuLu, Mykil?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by mykil: View Post
    Yes and I also heard they are buying Ebay and Craigslist and PAYPAL to round out their little empire! Wit the bigger better greener WACCOBB they can control the universe!!!! The sky is the limit and we will once again all be drones! Don’t let this happen, if Barry wants to be a sell out to the fascist outer limits of our sweet little society we should all revolt and ask him to PLEASSSSSEEEEEEEE leave it to LULU!!!!!

10. TopTop #10
    decterlove

Nah, Google backed down at the last moment and decided just to purchase Barry's brain. They are hooking it up now to their mainframe and are actually considering changing their company name to Barry.com.

Imagine that....one day soon people might be suggesting to each other, "Hey, got a question about nail fungus? Just Barry it, man! I get all my info from Barry!"

Quote Posted in reply to the post by josan48: View Post
    Dear Ones,
    I sent a note to Barry but this is actually my first post. I believe I spotted information about Google wanting to buy or actually purchasing Wacco? Please let me know..
    Last edited by Barry; 06-02-2008 at 05:51 PM.