Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    dijonyo

"Angel funding" needed: Emergency dog surgery

Hi, community. I'm looking to find ASAP financial assistance, maybe from an "angel funding" organization, for a beloved corgi dog who has lost use of back legs due to herniated spinal disk(s). This corgi has enough rear leg reflexes to be a good candidate for surgery, in the vet's opinion, and have a good outcome if the surgery is done in the next day or two. The corgi is now on meds to keep him quiet and reduce swelling, but time is running out. . . . Heartbreaking to witness and traumatic for this sweet dog to endure. Can someone help? Know of any funders? Or know of anyone who would sign/cosign a Credit Care application? ~ Thanks so much for reading this post. Regards, DJ
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Barbara

Re: "Angel funding" needed: Emergency dog surgery

May I suggest that you speak with your veterinarian regarding monthly payments, do the surgery, and then contact www.imom.org for further assistance. Imom.org does require proof of financial hardship (ie a tax return, etc) but is simply wonderful in assisting those who cannot afford life saving treatment for their pets.

If you need any further informaiton, feel free to contact me.

Barbara

3. Gratitude expressed by:

4. TopTop #3
    Vet-To-Pet

Re: "Angel funding" needed: Emergency dog surgery

Depending on the kind of surgery that's required, some vet schools (UC Davis?) have special funds set aside for pets who need expensive surgeries, their owners can't afford the cost, but the pet would be otherwise healthy & have many more years of life if the surgery could be done. They had something like that at UGA's Vet school, but I don't know about Davis' financial programs. Couldn't hurt to ask....
    Paula/Vet-To-Pet

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Barbara: View Post
    May I suggest that you speak with your veterinarian regarding monthly payments, do the surgery, and then contact www.imom.org for further assistance. Imom.org does require proof of financial hardship (ie a tax return, etc) but is simply wonderful in assisting those who cannot afford life saving treatment for their pets.

If you need any further informaiton, feel free to contact me.

Barbara