Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    bobbi

2 freezing cats need warm family

I have two male cats that have adopted me because their original owner will not feed them. Now with the weather getting very cold I am in fear for their lives as my house is alredy full with two cats of my own. They need warm shelter and a kind family. They both appear to be neutered, healthy and well behaved. I would be willing to help buy food for the little guys if that were a problem. But with the weather in the high 20's on some of the nights, I'm worried they might freeze. If no one wants these great creatures by the weekend, I will be forced to take them to the pound in hope that they will be adopted before they are uthinized.

please call Bobbi or Alex at home 829-9435 or Bobbi's cell 483-7943 or email [email protected]
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Mita Moni

Re: 2 freezing cats need warm family

Hi! I hit the wrong button and my message was sent prematurely. I have helped a feral cat by making her a winter house. I took two cardboard boxes, one big enough for her to curl up in and a larger one big enough for the smaller box and insulation. I used wadded up newspaper as insulation. I put in a sheet of foam rubber for them to sleep on. I covered the whole thing with an old oil cloth table cloth to keep it dry. You could also use plastic sheeting. Later on I found an old dog house and made a box to fit inside the dog house. The cats would be a lot happier staying in their current environment as out door cats as long as they have somewhere to get out of the cold. The Sonoma County Animal Shelter is animal Auschwitz. Healthy animals catch respiratory illnesses from being depressed and over crowded, then they are euthanized because they are sick. I have taken in stray cats and taken them to other shelters that are much better about finding homes for animals. I use a friends address or find one in the phone book for Rohnert Park, Santa Rosa, or even Marin County. Good luck and thank you for caring.
    Barrie

Quote Posted in reply to the post by bobbi:
    I have two male cats that have adopted me because their original owner will not feed them. Now with the weather getting very cold I am in fear for their lives as my house is alredy full with two cats of my own. They need warm shelter and a kind family. They both appear to be neutered, healthy and well behaved. I would be willing to help buy food for the little guys if that were a problem. But with the weather in the high 20's on some of the nights, I'm worried they might freeze. If no one wants these great creatures by the weekend, I will be forced to take them to the pound in hope that they will be adopted before they are uthinized.

please call Bobbi or Alex at home 829-9435 or Bobbi's cell 483-7943 or email [email protected]
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email