Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Thread: health concern
  • Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    adamhadm

health concern

Greetings Sebastopol!-My friend lent me a radio/microwave frequency device that goes crazy when exposed to "on" microwave ovens and cell phones. I used it around Whole Foods and the park area, coming up from Screaming Mimis. It was consistently beeping off the charts. Is this a cause for concern? I know there is a cell tower by the library which may be making the device go crazy. I am wondering if anyone has a measuring device for radio/microwave radiation-(if that is what it truly is) and acceptable levels-since my friend's device seems to suggest that it is strongly present in the area I mentioned. Could it be background waves that don't really have any affect on our bodies-would like to think that that is true.

Thank you for any feedback.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    PeriodThree

Re: health concern

What does 'beeping off the charts' mean?

Of course there are microwave and cell phone signals all over. Everything from our devices to the background radiation of the universe generates EMF in every possible combination.

Does your device have a way of indicating the signal strength?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by adamsquid2003: View Post
    Greetings Sebastopol!-My friend lent me a radio/microwave frequency device that goes crazy when exposed to "on" microwave ovens and cell phones. I used it around Whole Foods and the park area, coming up from Screaming Mimis. It was consistently beeping off the charts. Is this a cause for concern? I know there is a cell tower by the library which may be making the device go crazy. I am wondering if anyone has a measuring device for radio/microwave radiation-(if that is what it truly is) and acceptable levels-since my friend's device seems to suggest that it is strongly present in the area I mentioned. Could it be background waves that don't really have any affect on our bodies-would like to think that that is true.

Thank you for any feedback.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email