Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Shazam

Camping at Kate Wolf Festival

Hello Waccos,

We'd like to go to the Kate Wolf Festival in Mendocino County this June for the first time and would like to hear from those in the know. Camping on site sounds like a good idea: my vision is a quiet wooded nook where we can nestle our tent in privacy, with distant music wafting through the air. The Web site, however, shows wall-to-wall camping right next to the stage. Do those of you familiar with the event recommend camping there, or are off-site accommodations a better idea? We are older---adaptable, but not into extremes.

Any comments much appreciated. Thanks!

Shazam
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Braggi

Re: Camping at Kate Wolf Festival

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Shazam: View Post
    ... Camping on site sounds like a good idea: my vision is a quiet wooded nook where we can nestle our tent in privacy, with distant music wafting through the air. ...
    I've not been to Kate Wolf but I've been to many other events on the same grounds. There is ample camping space away from the stage area. You'll have to walk farther to get to the stage, of course, but it's a beautiful place and pleasant walking.

You will be directed to park in a specific place so you might want to camp fairly close to your car. Otherwise, keep your belongings to a minimum so if you decide to camp far from your car you don't have to make a lot of trips.

Enjoy the show! You'll find a good place to camp.

-Jeff

3. TopTop #3
    Tibidabo

Re: Camping at Kate Wolf Festival

Hi Shazam;

I've been a few times and camping is not at all private. The best you can hope for is getting there very early and finding a spot near a tree/bush so you are not totally surrounded by campers. I do not know of any camping anywhere near off site.